Hey, about 2h'rs being 2h'd

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Iaiken
Sojourner

Hey, about 2h\'rs being 2h\'d

Postby Iaiken » Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:12 am

Yeah, I don't know if it is implemented in the game or not, but I was wondering, if you are using a 2h weapon, do you get twice your strength bonus to hit/dam? It only makes sense. After all, anyone dualing gets thier strength bonus once for each weopon held.

Hopefully, this will turn more and more people on to using 2h's instead of 2 1h's...

Iaiken, Paladin of Torm
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:22 am

Uh, I'm pretty damn sure that people did favor 2 handers to two 1 handers unless 1) You were a ranger, in which case your dual wield is actually worth something or 2) You're a rogue, in which case not only is your dual wield worth something, but the better two handers can't even be used by you. Add that to the fact that bashing is still possible with a two hander if your skill is high enough, non-rangers and assassins couldn't get 4/5 attacks hasted while dualing, and not to mention paladins getting that big hit bonus that gives them the freedom to stack on more +dam gear and still whack mobs effectively with half the hitroll a ranger would need and I'd say that 2 handers are generally more effective than two 1 handed weapons. There's a reason you never saw high level warriors dual wielding stuff but often having a two handed weapon like a flamberge or twilight in addition to a shield and one hander.

Trel
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:34 am

Hey, I've gotten 5 attacks before while dualing!
4 with the double + dual + haste and one with riposte! 4 + 1 = 5. Enjoy!

Frensolith, Elven Warrior (And you rangers thought you were special!)

[This message has been edited by Frensolith (edited 02-08-2001).]
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treladian:
and not to mention paladins getting that big hit bonus</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno about the mud, but Paladins get +2 to hit evil creatures I think in AD&D. That could be construed as big, from a certain point of view.

I wonder how considerable their bonus to hit actually was on the mud.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:02 pm

I recall hearing somewhere that Paladins on Soj2 got +20% to damage while wielding 2h weapons, I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate or just a rumor though.
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:13 pm

No, the 20% was a bonus to hit with 2h, I played a pally twice through and never really noticed it as a BIG bonus, especially not early on...I was wielding a shining mithril while my on fighter friend had a gleaming holy, HE HIT WAY MORE THAN I DID, PLUS, he could use a shield.(note, this was back in the day(lv18-25)) I had been using 2h slashers for the entire game... but hey, I could alwas cast armor and bless to "help out" (a little...) But at least they weren't anti's...
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:34 pm

Paladins do get crazy to-hit bonus. Mine was 11/48 in mid 40's and hit all but the most uber mobs with no problemo on Soj2 (same on Toril).

Mp
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:28 pm

If I recall Pheten (antipal) had like 13/48 and he whacked everything just fine.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”