Small tweak to an awesome spell

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

Small tweak to an awesome spell

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 14, 2001 8:47 pm

Move holy word to 6th circle. Was it honestly that useful? No. TF was the only zone where it was. Were you yelled at if you ever had any memmed? Most likely. Full heal or an alignment dependant area that does less than stellar damage? Just suggesting cause its fun to toss around and 6th circle wasn't that important anyway...curse light dark were all you really used.

Jurdex group-says 'Kildran if you have holy words memmed I'm going to beat your ass'
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:46 pm

holy word was SO much fun at split shield shield gormal! hehe remember you leveling my warrior there with it.

saitcho
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Thu Feb 15, 2001 12:38 am

ROFL. Holy Word. Every time I think of Holy Word I remember using it in SS to do alignment or just cuz I was bored. Otherwise, that spell never got used by my. Unfortunate, since I think it was one of the cooler spells a cleric could get.

One time, I was in SS holy wording the sh** out of everything in sight. Everything's cool, and I got a lower-lvl friend on his way up to join for align. Just before he gets there, I walk into a room with an abandoned pallie horse. Oooooh, look a shaman and a couple of guards are in here. *rubs his hands together and grins evilly* c 'holy word'. Whoops.

In S3, even if Holy Word isn't moved/upgraded, can we make it NOT cause stray paladin mounts to go aggro? That cursed little hay-munching bugger bashed me, and while I was on the ground 3 of the sneaky-bastard orcs ran in and set on me. Owwie. Every time I got up, that damn horse bashed me. Stupid dwarven agility.

Anyway, it was funny on the way to do the CR (at least it was only in SS), but a paladin's horse is hardly evil, right?

Just an amusing story about a bug, a crazy horse (I found him and killed him, then almost ate his flesh raw before I remembered I was supposed to be a goodie) and a silly cleric...

Harthorm/Twiblin
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Thu Feb 15, 2001 1:51 am

*snort* You think Holy word was useless - try Unholy word. Good aligned critters generally hide in goodie towns, not zones. The only place in UD it had a use was for beating down deep gnomes.

If you ask me clerics need more non-alignment based damage spells. The mud is primarily composed of evil creatures so us mean nasty clerics of dark gods miss out on the fun.

Grommie
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 15, 2001 3:31 am

Saitcho hush! I would never plvl Dagnoran!:P We never did get to work up his rp story into Gormal's though Image maybe next time around!
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Thu Feb 15, 2001 7:10 am

lol

yeah we should do that. or when it comes up we can write a new one about how my gnome chanter is your distant half-cousin's nephews daughter's former roommate.

bah, gnomes and dwarves, same race, different nose.

[This message has been edited by Saitcho (edited 02-15-2001).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 15, 2001 7:57 am

Saitcho is a transformer! he has become MEGA MAID!
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Thu Feb 15, 2001 8:01 am

Holy Word? I love that spell. I used to solo evils mobs with my cleric as long they couldn't kill me in two rounds. Vit self, walk in, holy word, holy word, flee, full heal self, mem, repeat. Great spell. Fun as hell. I even casted them in zones (Somehow, people just never respected a gnome cleric, so I ended up being a back-up healer most of the time). For all its usefulness, the spell never seemed to do enough damage, not even as much as a druid's cyclone. What a pity, I had to resort to earthquake for damage. feh!

Wargo aka Gwubi
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:39 pm

Hey, I totally agree with you. I hated never being able to use holy word because of full heal.

I still woulda beat you down, feh, trying to holy word braxats. Image

Jurdex
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 12:57 am

Braxats were nothing! I have a log somewhere of my 5 manscorp kills w/ holy word! enjoy!
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Sat Feb 17, 2001 5:36 am

Unholy word? Just one thing to say, library of the seer kings! Tons of good aligned crap there, it was Pheten's play ground=) I remember begging to bring Phet instead of Yarith so i could proc and cast unholy words all over those goodies, only real zone I ever found with high level good aligned stuff.
-Pheten
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:16 am

Waelos group-says 'I guess I could bring my warrior instead'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:07 pm

Saitcho group-says 'who wants to do SS for 6 hours after this?'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”