agreiver
Sojourner

Paladin Griffons

Postby agreiver » Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:37 pm

Bring them back!
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Feb 20, 2001 11:01 pm

A hearty HUZZAH and agreement from this quarter! =) Bring 'em back!

LoSt
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Feb 20, 2001 11:55 pm

Eh? I've been around for a loooong time, but what the heck are paladin griffons?

Harthorm/Twiblin
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:09 am

Paladins, at higher levels, used to be able to summon griffons instead of the standard warhorse.

Cal
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:15 am

so what about AP's? what do we get??

em wants a horsey too
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:51 am

Ahhhh. I never played a pallie to high enough level, but what incarnation of Soj was this in?

Harthorm/Twiblin
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:16 am

And make them even bigger!
NO NO....Make them Dragons!

JK...How big would we like them tho?
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:19 am

What Era? damn. It was back when Zerkers and Myranthea were in. Probably pre 93 wipe? I had an elven sorc on EM and used to watch the high level pallies send their griffons in to the Queen. she killed 'em. They had 2K plus hps too! Wow those were the days =)

Lost
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:37 am

Weren't these griffons caster mobs? With animate dead at that? I think i remember something about pallies with undead followers. Am i right? Anyone?

Artmar Whiteraven
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:17 pm

Give Anti Pals Nightmares!!!
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:29 pm

Reminds me of the time I bought a horse with my necro, killed it, and animated it, hoping I'd have a skeletal steed. Didn't work *sniff* I wonder if you could add a _mount_ flag to undead somehow :P
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:58 pm

Bah griffons belong with true elves only, give them to greys, we can fly to EM and back, forget the stinky human ships.
nog me
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Feb 21, 2001 5:15 pm

Considering Griffons eat horses... It might make for an interesting role-play interaction... Image

Mal
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:50 pm

Bah... pallies more often get hippogrifs, not griffons. Griffons are elven steed (majority of the time). All i know is I better not be seeing 2k griffons flying around when my spirit is only 1k :P. ROFL.

I do agree though... let paladins call "hippogriffs" at 36+ level and anti-paladin cal nightmares. It only makes sense. Image
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:53 pm

Bah, give 'em all my-little-ponies. 'nuff said. :P

Izzy
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Wed Feb 21, 2001 11:34 pm

Werent anti's able to call Nightmares in Sojourn 2? I thought they were, but I never played one so I could be wrong...

Griffons are cool because a paladin could do more on his own. Especially with those alignment restrictions, I used to solo stuff all the time. They would also make paladins more valuable to a group. The griffons wouldnt necessarily have to have 2k hitpoints.

Plus Griffons are just cooler than a heavy white warhorse Image
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Thu Feb 22, 2001 3:15 am

no APs never got any kind of stead when i played. wish they would have though. btw why are there no signatures?
Lyta
Sojourner

Postby Lyta » Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:46 am

Hey those heavy white warhorses were good for getting a bash in to start a battle and taking a round of damage for the team...

And they were good at rescuing us casters and taking a round of damage for the team...

So yeah, bring back the winged beaked thingies for pallies. But didn't griffons eat their riders if not properly fed?? Image

Lyta

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited 02-22-2001).]
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:06 am

Heh griffons... bring em back I say, but NOT the way they were... They had 2k hitpoints, were lvl 50 sorcs and also sometimes lvl 50 clerics. I didn't do it but I know Cyl/Kaedrin ressed a player with his griff. Griffs were out of control and buggy to boot, I soloed Crimson Death at level 38 or something like that with one.

They were dragon flagged mobs as well, and a bit buggy so sometimes they melted eq from group members with acid breath Image

Oooh ooh BTW why dont we bring back the "little pony" you could get if you failed summon mount?! Me and Cyl used to try to get those for fun since they looked so damn ridiculous Image

[This message has been edited by Thengil (edited 02-23-2001).]
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Feb 23, 2001 4:59 pm

I love paladins, but griffons were to damn powerful, that was how I got my spell ressurect when it was in evermeet quest, and had to kill sprit guardian. Anyway this paladin (forgot his name started with a K though) sent in his griffon, we all waited outsided. Griffon died but the guardian was at awful, and we went in and finished the job.

I think a 46+ level paladin should get a pegagus though. As to anti paladin not sure if they should get anything really, but they should defiantly be upgraded, like the opposite of lay hands, should be life leach, they take about same hp as lay hands, away from a mob and give it to themselves on top of there hp and bleeds off quickly. But unlike lay hands it only for themselves which is in character.
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Sat Feb 24, 2001 9:05 pm

Thats a pretty good idea for the anti's Joth. Actually I have to say I like a lot of the ideas you have.

Is anyone else planning on playing a paladin this wipe? Thengil?
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Sat Feb 24, 2001 9:28 pm

"I think a 46+ level paladin should get a pegagus though. As to anti paladin not sure if they should get anything really..."

?!

not sure if they should get anything?! ok, i played an AP for part of toril and all of soj2 and i DEFINITELY could have used a mount if for nothing else then to help on moves since i was literaly traveling from one end of the mud to another on an almost daily basis.

as for giving the paladins pegusi. well i am all for giving APs horses, but if you are gonna give the pallies an upgraded mounts at a high level, why not give it to the APs too (perhapse nightmares, though a doungraded version of the D&D nightmare, maybe just a tough horse that can fly and does a bit of fire damage).

but if upgraded mounts are given i think you should have to quest for it instead of just giving them out once you hit a certain level. (i could go into the argument of the palading being bound to their mounts like a mage to a familiar but i wont)

rant end,
Cir
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Mon Feb 26, 2001 9:45 am

If I get the time to play, I will play a paladin... I just love roleplaying paladins, you can do so much if you try to stay away from the obvious stereotypes. I actually played Thengil in a PBeM a while back and got a few really interesting ideas for his personality on that game.

Also, yeah I really think AP's need something to put them on par with paladins.

The paladin who helped with your ress quest has to have been Kaedrin since there only were two high level paladins playing back then, Kaedrin and me.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”