Sitters

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Thrand
Sojourner

Sitters

Postby Thrand » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:06 am

I don't think there should have to be sitters. As it is well know some of the more
difficult zones take many hours to complete
and they can only be completed safely with what is know as a sitter. It seems to me this is a frightful waste of someones time.

I speak having never actually been a sitter,
but one who feels their pain! So I suggest that all zones never pop if they are level 50
only zones. I mean really what does it hurt to have an extra newbie freed up from sitting
duties, he/she can then pester people with questions like what is tp and where is it? I'm supposed to meet my friend their can you take me to calimport?

Also high level groups won't have to bargain with the oppurtunistic among the little people as to a decent reward for sitting hour after mindless hour keeping their connection open!

So have a heart and make all high level equipment zones no pop! The little people of the world will thank you!

Thrand/Ezz

Ps. if you couldn't tell I'm only half serious!
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:23 am

If I remember sitters were payed pretty well. Never did it myself but hey if someone realy want some of the platnum tiamat drops as a reward for sitting there for a couple hours who am I to argue.

Tilandal "Never done any of that stuff"
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Feb 06, 2001 1:59 am

I remember one time I was sitting in the buff zone doing some small killing with my elementals. Out of the blue some high leveler pops in. The group I was with was kinda in awe. He asked if he could borrow my books. I was like well I'm kinda using them, what ya need em for. He replied Tiamat. I thought hrmm this could be a while and asked how long he'd need them, said like 5 mins. He could see I was apprehensive about it because I was kinda using them and with a group, so he said how about I give you 1k plats to borrow them, I was like sure man. I split the funds with the group and we waited for there return. I must we was handsomely paid for our level and time. Image
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:39 pm

I used to give bids to the sitter when I did tiamat runs.

As far as i was concerned, the sitter was just as important as everyone else. Of course, I'd never want to do it myself.. must be horribly boring.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Feb 06, 2001 10:12 pm

It was boring. A couple of my characters were just starting to do some zoning (upper 30's/low 40s). Being rangerish/monkish and on the lower lvl end of the group, they simply did not have the hps in some areas. Had to sit a couple o times. I was happy to help out, however. Besides, the good leaders would find ways to include you on later runs or other zones. Also, if you pay attention, its a good oportunity to learn something about that zone (assuming you're new to it).
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 25, 2001 7:01 am

rofl just read this thread for the first time. Brings Temg to mind! he had multiple pieces of seer/scorp eq but had never done the zone. He sat for all of the runs we did that i can remember.
For anyone that thinks sitting is unnessecary, it usually ends up being the connjurer or something just on the big mobs where they aren't going to make much of a difference anyway.
enjoy!
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Mon Feb 26, 2001 1:09 am

From the perspective of a builder, I wouldn't make any of my agg zones no_pop for one reason. After the zone is cleared, every mapper and their mother will be in there going over every nook and cranny with a fine tooth comb. Yes, that can be accomplished with a sitter anyway, but I'm not going to help you do it. And don't think I'm not coming up with ways to stop even that Image

Temp
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:53 am

well personally i would be glad to be a sitter. a lot of my time was spent sitting around talking to people or RPing and for that one place is as good as another. besides, it can not only get you a little piece of the proverbial pie, but some of the higher ups might remember the favor and let you tag along some other time.

but thats just my opinion.

Cir - *volenteers to sit*
Diatem
Sojourner

Postby Diatem » Tue Feb 27, 2001 2:15 am

I have been a sitter many many times, from Tiamat to Seers and beyond. I look back on those times with great memories (plus the fact that I made out like a bandit in Seers loots). I was well paid and enjoyed my time there. I have many fond memories of sitting in Seers with the groups shouting "OMFG! Look at that room" and then getting spanked. It was great :) I love doing a zone, but I have no problem being a sitter.

Also, if you think about it, sitters exist in RL. If you make a base camp, you leave people in that camp to guard it, to keep it up, to keep it ready for when the party returns, and to handle people that show up (tell them where to go, tell them why you are there, etc). Its not really that different here.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Tue Feb 27, 2001 2:25 am

There is only one thing worse than sitting a zone on Sojourn.

Sitting a zone on Duris. 'nuff said.

Wobb
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Feb 27, 2001 8:00 pm

I've sat Brass on Duris twice now... both times for 5 RL hours Image

Cherzra YUCK!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 27, 2001 8:07 pm

Just cause people on Duris don't know how to zone. Their spells are so tweaked for raiding that zones are annoying, despite how weak they made mobs. Plus there are like no leaders who know how to lead a zone fast. Too bad Diz doesn't play anymore:P Speed brass anyone?
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Feb 28, 2001 2:47 pm

Uhm not really. Not at all.

Brass on duris is HARD as hell, there are like 4 mobs in each room. The padashaw is a monk/dragon/shaman/antipaladin wielding doombringer (blurs and procs lightning/fireball/cone of cold) and takes like 4 spanks before he is finally killed.

Duris has the spells group stone, group globe, cube, group vit and much more useful stuff. There are artis which will group haste, group vit, group stone, group fly and group globe whenever you want them to. Much easier than toril.

Plus, Roktar plays there. He lead it both those times. You want a good leader? I couldn't think of anyone else who is better except Katheli.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Feb 28, 2001 2:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
Too bad Diz doesn't play anymore:P Speed brass anyone?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dizahk is still our leader in Denizens of Despair on Basternae.

/Jegzed

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”