Total wusses : 3
Total wusses in the game : 3
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Sat Mar 03, 2001 9:13 am

Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Mar 03, 2001 2:36 pm

Or would it just display a list of rangers?

Yayaril
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:09 pm

*peer* why ever would I need/want/have innate newbie slay? *laugh* I was pretty darned helpfull, if I recall! bah!

Seriously, I think we need to add a suicide command. *snicker* I'm SERIOUS! How many times you been alone out in the woods and something beats you down to -2 hps and decides to sit down and watch you bleed out? takes waaaay too long to die at -hps. . . so you should have the option to 'give up' when you know you'll never get healed =)

reply command would be a nice addition, I think.

Waelos
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:21 pm

People die at -2 hp? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA said the slimy troll!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:36 pm

I want the 'procreation' skill. I want hoardes of little Malacar's running around!

c 'summon malacar swarming brood'

A helpless player is surrounded and bitched at to death!
A helpless player flees!
A helpless player is hit in the crotch for 20 damage!

Er wait... That's not a good thing.. Shit back to the drawing board. Image

Mal
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:56 pm

Hmmm . . . I coulda sworn there was a command you could type in while incapacitated that would just let you die. I forget what it was though . . .
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Sat Mar 03, 2001 9:48 pm

I think it was expire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Mar 04, 2001 3:32 am

Waelos you get newbie slay because you will use it fairly! But I firmly believe you will use it!

Waelos you could use minor create happy (item)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:28 am

Couldn't druids do a quest for a suicide spell at high levels?
*wink*
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
<B>Seriously, I think we need to add a suicide command. *snicker* I'm SERIOUS! How many times you been alone out in the woods and something beats you down to -2 hps and decides to sit down and watch you bleed out? takes waaaay too long to die at -hps. . . so you should have the option to 'give up' when you know you'll never get healed =)
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be worse. I played on one mud where healing ticks only happened somwhere between 30 secs and 1 minute. To make matters worse sometimes you'd not lose an hp when the tick finally came! I once spent like half an hour bleeding to death before a newbie came a long and decided to heal me... or was it pkill me?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:09 am

Nod I agree we need that command. Who wuss would allow us to see what players came over from Duris, although you could probably use who fat for the same purpose. It's fairly common knowledge that everyone on duris is either fat, or a wuss, but usually both. Grev, drac, and silverast in particular, though Gormal displays both wuss and fat tendancies.

Waelos, on the other hand, need to proc quest mob. Once per mud day, waelos could clap his hands and a quest mob would appear. This mob would be unique, and not visible to any other player except him. The quest would involve rare components that are also invisible to all other players, but waelos would also get innate summon_quest_item. I mean, we don't want it to be imbalanced or anything. Once the quest is completed, it should be forever removed from the MUD, much like the golden eyes quest was *mutter*.

Speaking of imbalance, has anyone ever really given any serious thought to the slow poison spell? I mean, I think it's a little underpowered for the casting time and spell circle. It should at least negate the effect of poison for a duration based on the level of the caster. As it is, it does absolutely nothing. Also, rangers should get it first circle.

Now, what else was I going to comment on?

- Ragorn
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Mar 04, 2001 5:05 pm

After completing his invisible, nontangible quest, would Waelos then get a super duper sword that only he could see?

Yayaril
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Mar 04, 2001 5:10 pm

No,he gets a special friend, which only he can see Image
Taer/Ssil
Sojourner

Postby Taer/Ssil » Sun Mar 04, 2001 5:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
<B>Seriously, I think we need to add a suicide command. *snicker* I'm SERIOUS! How many times you been alone out in the woods and something beats you down to -2 hps and decides to sit down and watch you bleed out? takes waaaay too long to die at -hps. . . so you should have the option to 'give up' when you know you'll never get healed =)

reply command would be a nice addition, I think.

Waelos</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've thought about this too. I've been incapacitated for over 10 minutes before (im not sure if on toril, but I was checking out the... other.. mud, and it happened a few times).

Do it! Image

-Taerthilezin

[This message has been edited by Taer/Ssil (edited 03-04-2001).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:56 pm

Invisible sword? That is reserved purely for Mplor, sorry lost Image
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B>No,he gets a special friend, which only he can see Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Balor Demon. :P

Need to borrow his sword (The BEST SWORD in game) for Tiamat's run. *roar* ;P
If you dont believe me, ask the Sultan and his friends.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Mar 04, 2001 9:29 pm

Why bleed to death? I just get on ICQ and go "Hey Gormal! Hey Kajib! Come up to IC and bandage me! Hurry! I'm at -7 and I've been sitting like this for 15 minutes! I'm at the sleeping guest! Hurry dammit!"

20 minutes later they show up, send me a tell..."Where are you?" I died 10 minutes ago you morons you're supposed to run faster than that from CP! :P

*nog me*

But really, some commands...

being able to get stuff from corpses while fighting (if yer not tanking)
being able to wear stuff while fighting (if yer not tanking)
ability to turn off the weather
a "glance all" command would really rock too, giving player ability to glance at pc's and mobs both all at once!

Jus muh .653 cents

Yasden
Me
Sojourner

Postby Me » Mon Mar 05, 2001 7:36 pm

An extention to the "glance all" authored by Yasden above that I think would be helpful would be a "glance <condition>" command, where <condition> would include {all, scratches, few wounds, nasty, awful, incap, mortal, mushy, decomposing, wormy, dust}

Ok, maybe not the last few.

But a "glance few wounds", which would display everyone in the room at few wounds or worse, would be very helpful in many circumstances.
Thalor
Sojourner

Postby Thalor » Mon Mar 05, 2001 10:22 pm

Lazy clerics =P Want a glance all? Type "group."

Want a glance "few wounds." Yeah, well...that's because you want to make some spanky triggers for it =P

Eh, and while the "glance all" is tempting because you could see the mob stats, making people search for the wounded mobs/players adds a tiny bit of a challenge to combat, and I see no reason to remove challenges =) Unless it happens to be adding innate stoneskin for grey elves...

That reply command could be kind of nice though.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 05, 2001 11:18 pm

You guys realize it takes 2 minutes to set up your own groupglance alias with Zmud right? Image

Cherzra, back in my days we knew how to work triggers and aliases, these darned young ones these days...
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 05, 2001 11:19 pm

Oh, yes, reply command would rule

(even though you can do it yourself with zmud Image)
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:28 am

These may not be problems, I can't remember if they were problems on Sojourn or not:
<UL>
[*]item keywords not being apparent from the description. e.g. 'a piece of shiny crystal lies here', keyword=shard. If the keywords are not readily apparent from the description, we need something like 'itemglance' to glance at keywords of items in the room.
[*]help system needs full word/phrase for help message: help backstab works, help back doesn't. Sometimes I don't know how something is spelled, it'd be nice if the help system attempted to give help for partial words.
[*]commands need full word/phrase for target to command: backstab griffon works, backstab grif doesn't. Really need this abbreviation matching: typing 'rescue Gibbldixongrublnitsopdorner' means poor Gib is probably a goner.
[/list]

Eilorn, who picks short names, so he can be rescued quicker.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:01 pm

*boggle*

All you high level old players don't even know how to commit suicide when you're at -hp?

AHAHHAHAHAH! Seriously? You're not kidding, right?

Just type "quit".

There, now you know.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Tue Mar 06, 2001 6:41 pm

Dont know if it was mentioned but i like one muds wear command where the mud automatically removes an item your wearing and equips you with the new item you want to wear. That way you dont have to remove and then wear.

i.e.
wear hat
you remove a helmet
you place a hat on your head.

azz
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:04 pm

Yeah that's a nice one too.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:13 pm

Won't quitting out drop everything on the ground? Hrm! Now that's interesting! Heck, you learn something new every day. I am sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to try that out hehe. Just remind me to try that before I have any shells necklaces! *wink* thanks for the info! Always great to learn.

Lost
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 12, 2001 8:56 am

Eilorn

one of my friends rolled a gnome char and wound up with the name 'Thibbdibupdubdudly' (I think that's how it was spelled). Image

But in the end, if you're a rescuer, you can always make a cut/paste alias when you first group.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”