Town service ideas?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
santego
Sojourner

Town service ideas?

Postby santego » Thu Mar 08, 2001 7:05 pm

Was wondering if anyone had ideas for services offered in towns?

Some ideas ->
Banks:
1) allow folks to store eq in banks. That way "storage chars" are less important, and possibly less abused.
2) Let banks have different types of accounts, like interest accounts. This would lock up money in the game's economy, making money more important. There are also plenty of ways to siphon off the interest earned (eg., tarrifs on entering towns, higher prices for food, quests, etc). You could also impose penalties for early withdrawl of funds on those accounts. So only the really hard-core savers would earn the interest.

Temples:
1) you could pay for healing, curing or even aging/rejuv. The rejuv would be great for human paladins/rangers. You could make it expensive. This use of temples would be protected against exploitation by raising prices and watching the usage drop to some acceptable level.
2) religious training (read: alignment fixing for a price). Or possibly donations. This would be better than taking a trip to SS everytime you need to fix your align.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:05 pm

Santego ? Are you the same lvl 50 assassin/trader/merchant wiz from old? I want to take this brief moment to thank you. You were one of the most integral people in my development as a player and for my love of the game. I don't know if you recall a certain lowbie ranger constantly querying you about this or that, most often about items you were trading or asking stats or asking if a trade was good or bad. . . that was me =) You gave me a great jumpstart to my knowlege base and gave me just enough info to entice me to find out more. You were always kind and patient. I thank you for that, and all you've done =)

Waelos
Ghardok
Sojourner

Postby Ghardok » Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:07 pm

Dunno if you missed this part, but the paladin/ranger rejuv thing won't be a problem anymore as they are lifting the group restricts between human necro/antis with rangers/paladins. So it will be possible now.
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:15 pm

santego, the storage locker idea is already implemented. We are supposed to get more details soon, but I think we are going to need to wait for Soj3 to open to find out.

Nizrath
santego
Sojourner

Postby santego » Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
<B>Santego ? Are you the same lvl 50 assassin/trader/merchant wiz from old?
Waelos</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey guy, thanks for the kind words, and I remember you well Image During sojourn 1&2 I began playing evils, and go by the names: mezheru, gledrukmig. Hope to see you soon.

Also:
1) And glad they are implimenting lockers.
2) Thought they made rogues so that the assassin/thief problem with goods wouldn't be a problem. Didn't realize they were doing it with necros also. Interesting.
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Fri Mar 09, 2001 6:56 am

he's the dood with the 2 soulrenderz! jump him!!!
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Fri Mar 09, 2001 11:49 pm

Holy crap! Hey, Mezheru!!! You should know my brother, Zalnog, right? Damn, good to see you. Image

Are you coming back as Mezheru or someone else? Mezheru kicked ass. Image

Nizrath/Jalzyn
santego
Sojourner

Postby santego » Fri Mar 09, 2001 11:58 pm

Heh, man my little thread is turning into an "embarass santego" forum Image Thanks Averyn for remembering my long lost soulrenders. And yep I remember Zalnog, and you too Nizrath. Miss your skinny butts *sniff*.

Town idea #3:
Let folks go to the stables and hire a coach&buggy to get them from town to town in the same way that boats do it - and just as long, so people will still just wanna do it themselves. This way folks can get around a little safer, for a price.
Taer/Ssil
Sojourner

Postby Taer/Ssil » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:14 am

Ah-Hah! *poke* good to hear yer comin' back Image

-Taerthilezin/Ssil
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 12, 2001 7:35 am

*rar* santego. You won't remember me, but you answered my questions.
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:19 pm

How about a morgue? Maybe have a mob that goes around collecting corpses, (not just pcorpses because it would be hella funny to see [10] rat corpses alongside of the [19] Sartorix corpses), maybe not as extreme as someone who wanders around yelling bring out yer dead, like the little WD emote, but something along those lines. Only in hometowns. Just something extra that would be kinda cool.

<font color="#FF0000">D<font color="#0000FF">i<font color="#FF0000">s<font color="#0000FF">c<font color="#FF0000">o <font color="#0000FF">L<font color="#FF0000">e<font color="#0000FF">m<font color="#FF0000">o<font color="#0000FF">n<font color="#FF0000">a<font color="#0000FF">d<font color="#FF0000">e</font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 04-12-2001).]
santego
Sojourner

Postby santego » Fri Mar 16, 2001 5:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sartorix:
<B>How about a morgue?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, that's an excellent idea. Seriously. That'd be really neet for newbies... Imagine hordes of them sitting at the morgue, like vultures! Picking away at the dead as they arrive. You could even put a Proc on the room, with a chance to get a disease every tick you stay there. Excellent idea bro.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Fri Mar 16, 2001 7:21 pm

Oi,

My extremely limited memory prevents me from remembering the guy who was in charge of Waterdeep. Lord Joey Joe Joe Flashypants or something like that. Anyways, the city guard force always seems to have its hands full keeping invaders and outcasts out, spanking people who randomly and indiscriminately kill the peaceful and law-abiding citizenry of Waterdeep. But how about those cat burgulars? How about the random rogues and brigands roaming the streets? Such people detract from the overall city and frighten off traders and the like. Doncha think that Lord Flashypants might just offer a reward on the heads of some of these seedy characters? Likewise for Baldur's Gate, they have some rather nasty characters wandering around. I'm not sure, I've only been to Calimport once, and don't know it too well, but I'm sure all cities have their criminals and such.
Perhaps instituting a bounty system, kinda like a companion to justice. Each hometown now has new mobs in it, little criminals here and there for people to spank, criminals of all levels (petty thugs and purse snatchers to criminal masterminds) for players of all levels. You smash, you take the head or something like that, the corpse even, to Bounty Central and collect your reward.

Naptime for Grungar.

-Grungar "I Bent My Wookie" Forgefire.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Mar 16, 2001 7:30 pm

Grungar, something like that was suggested as an add-on to the bounty system. I dunno if it will pan out or not.

Izzy
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 17, 2001 4:28 am

Ragorn tells you 'I can think of a service Waterdeep needs.'
Ragorn unzips his pants.
Ragorn looks at the town crier and says 'Service this.'

3nj0y

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”