race restrictions

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Sekon/Fanil
Sojourner

race restrictions

Postby Sekon/Fanil » Wed Mar 28, 2001 8:15 pm

While I realize that a lot of races are inherently good or evil, who's to say no human will worship Lloth? If a human anti-paladin did worship Lloth shouldn't he be allowed in drow city OR group with drow and trolls?

I thinks any restriction should be based on your alignment. not your race. humans (or any other race) should be allowed to go and group with anyone they please as long as their alignment is correct.

Point being there is no such as a evil only or good only race! only good and evil people within those races. so how can someone say a good race can't group with an evil race?
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Wed Mar 28, 2001 8:24 pm

Lloth would never grant any human power/favor whatever you'd like to call it. Humans would not be considered worthy of her favor. So though your concept is nice, your example is not a very good one =P

Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
Luke
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Mar 28, 2001 8:25 pm

An elf, no matter how evil would not be welcome in Ghore (well maybe as lunch), nor would a Ogre, no matter how good, be welcome in WD...its a simple matter of xenophobia. Races don't trust one another, and most live by the 'shoot first, ask questions later' motto. The WD guards don't say 'hey its a Good Ogre, lets let him in!', they slay. As for grouping, some RP/Balance has to be enforced or the game would lose a lot of its luster for a lot of us.
Belle
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Mar 29, 2001 5:51 am

A human walks up to the gates of Ghore.

A human says "move thee away friends I worship Vaprak!"

A foul-smelling troll guard bows and steps aside.

A human walks north and enters Ghore.

Yeah, sure. Heh heh, here's what it would be.

A human walks up to the gates of Ghore.

A human says "move thee away frie..-GLlk!!"

A foul-smelling troll guard doesn't care, and kicks your tiny meaningless goodie ASS!
A foul-smelling troll guard doesn't care, and kicks your tiny meaningless goodie ASS!

A foul smelling troll guard rips out the spine of the corpse of a human.
A foul smelling troll guard rips out the skull of the corpse of a human.
A foul smelling troll guard tears out the intestines of the corpse of a human.
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Thu Mar 29, 2001 6:04 am

Ahhh pointless posts...I always thought it would be nice if you were OC (yes there is none of that now) you were allowed into evil home towns; however, you had the minor problem that guards had x% chance of kicking your ass and any o mob had x% chance (but, less then guards) to going agro on you. *shrug*

Marforp / Sasdor
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Mar 29, 2001 4:09 pm

eww i dont want no stinking goodies running into Gloomie!! no matter how evil they are!!

-Jenny *evils UNITE!!!*

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”