New Cleric Spells?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
rylan
Sojourner

New Cleric Spells?

Postby rylan » Mon Apr 09, 2001 2:03 pm

I was wondering, are there any plans to add more new cleric spells? From what I see, the anti-undead things are really the only new useful stuff. Dunno about that 'raise dead' type spell.
I was hoping the cures (cure light, serious, critical) would be tweaked up a bit.. its kinda annoying when cure light only does 1 hp (or even 0 hps sometimes) and when cure serious does less than 5hps.

I think a blade barrier spell (caster only) would be cool.. maybe it would help discourage mobs from bashing/switching to the cleric (thats a differant story though.. mobs are targeting clerics waaaay too much now.. over 90% of switch/bash going to the cleric while I was playing yesterday).

I like all of the new spells and stuff for other classes.. but I am really kinda dissapointed that clerics didn't get some more cool/useful spells and stuff.
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Mon Apr 09, 2001 4:38 pm

Blade Barrier would be cool, a cleric's version of fireshield. Would have to be a higher-level spell though.

as for the switching to the cleric in the group, there's a simple solution.
Get a Druid in the group (=
Gythi seems to be the #1 switch target on EM!

Elarin
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:30 pm

heh, i think clerics should get blade barrier now that they gotta deal with the switching business. poor things, heh.

Izzy
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Tue Apr 10, 2001 9:29 am

clerics are definitely taking a beating!! If it's not switching mobs, it's bashing mobs ...the zones will be pure hell!!!

-Kari
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 10, 2001 3:05 pm

<> help reduce
REDUCE
Spell.

Area of effect: <victim>
Aggressive: No
Cumulative: No
Duration: Dependant on proficiency of caster
Class/Circle: Enchanter 7th
Type of spell: Enchantment

The opposite of the Enlarge spell, this enchantment will magically reduce
the victim's size for the duration of the spell.

*whistle*

- Ragorn
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Thu Apr 12, 2001 3:24 am

I think soulshield would be better then blade barrier P-). Alingment base fire/ice shield.
Yadir
Sojourner

Postby Yadir » Thu Apr 12, 2001 4:47 pm

Rylan - I agree it would be nice if low level cleric healing spells did more. Of course that might be giving too much to the other hybrid classes that have them (druid/ranger/paladin/shaman). It's true I never did understand the utility of cure light. Maybe the low level cler healing spells could be swapped out for a little beefier versions of the same - but call them something different for the cleric class.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joth:
I think soulshield would be better then blade barrier P-). Alingment base fire/ice shield.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joth - That sounds like the new anti-pal spell 'unholy aura'. Perhaps it should have an align opposite and be given to paladins and clerics 'holy aura/unholy aura' (does damage to opposite align).

Ragorn - Reduce may keep you from getting bashed.. but you get switched to -much- more often when reduced, in my experience. It seems that if a warr mob who would normally bash you can't, he switches to you instead.

In fact, I preferred -not- being reduced in a zone. I'd rather take a chance on a bash (which might miss) than a switch (*ouch*).

We tested this once by reducing a mage during a long fight with a warr type mob who was a good basher. He was switched to the reduced mage something like 20 times. :P

[This message has been edited by Yadir (edited 04-12-2001).]

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”