ORC suggestions

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Artikerus Blindhammer
Sojourner

ORC suggestions

Postby Artikerus Blindhammer » Tue May 08, 2001 7:43 pm

Orcs need their helpfile and the battle chanter helpfile in post haste - that's the major withdrawl of interest for them.

INNATES:
it might help if the innate summon horde worked at level 10 (lvl 10 horde is 2, lvl 20, horde is 4, ...level 50 horde is 10, etc.) Level of horde should be no greater than 30 but no lesser than 25 (IMHO) at lvl50, definitely dependant on level of the Orc.

Also, innate bite: Orcs got these huge tusks in their mouthes and they can't bite? Come on Image

STATS:
Statwise they are fine. Little less than humans in most attributes it seems. In that, it makes them sort of useless to roll except that with human-like intelligence/wisdom, they make decent shamans. Constitution bonus could be helpful.

-ANTI PALADINS-
This is definitely a wise decision for this race. Take out warriors (nobody is going to play a human warrior, let alone an Orc with stats not quite as effecient. Evils have Drow) Substitute Anti-Paladins. (Making Orc's doubly special with chanters and anti-paladins.) I might even go a little farther if I were a coder and thusly inclined, and isntead of giving Orcs Anti-Paladins, give them Raider class. Warrior/Rogues (no spells) Slightly less hp than a straight warrior, skills like trap, hide, sneak, bash, kick, dual wield, summon warg(hehe), hitall, and possibly something newer such as rush (while mounted on warg) as well as a bonus to wielding 2h misc or pierce weapons (which in stories always did seem to be Orcish weapon of choice).

MISC:
Change Orc ansi from Troll green to black!
(Orc's range in color from black, to mottled brown, to green)

Artikerus Blindhammer, King of GloomHaven
Ssixxizzirrill, Head Brain of Ixarkon
Byuch Yuch Bloodtusk, Chieftain of Bloodtusk
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Tue May 08, 2001 8:19 pm

I also think that them rats carry WAY too much cash
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 09, 2001 6:04 am

been away from the board for a month or so.

Isn't warrior/rogue what they were trying to avoid when they killed the Merc class?

Otherwise, sounds interesting.
Artikerus Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Artikerus Blindhammer » Wed May 09, 2001 11:51 am

Other Orc Notes:

Magical passwords for gates is too sophisticated for any Orc hometown. Orcs are dirty, rude, and not intelligent when it comes to magic. (They fear it, Shamans are more leaders because the other Orcs fear that mysterious power). I think the passwords for the gates should be removed.

MONEY:
Removes rat money, give drunken orcs and commoner orcs more cash.

SHOPS:
Generic shop items need to be unlimited. Should be more than one canoe in the zone per boot (seeing as we don't have a minor creating class)

RE: Raiders vs. Mercs
If warrior/rogue hybrid was reason for killing mercenary, I don't see Orcs getting something of the like. Orc warriors just aren't especially needed in that area and thus an alternative would be appreciated. (Elf warriors get bonus hit, making them useful. Have not heard if Orc's agi/dex makes this possible - would be nice if an Imm would tell us Image

Byuch Yuch Bloodtusk
Artikerus Blindhammer
Ssixxizzirrill

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”