squiiiids

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
sinseone
Sojourner

squiiiids

Postby sinseone » Wed May 23, 2001 4:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it pretty
much impossible to solo anything as a squid?

I understand this makes sense, given the
frail, brainy nature of the calamari. It's just a little rediculous sometimes. The squids have some great abilities (at high level) and can put out some pretty major damage, but the class still feels very 'thin' as opposed to the robustness of say, a shaman or any of the newly revamped classes.

Even at high levels, squids are still pretty
wimpy.. are we the evil gnomes?

seeend moore brai...poooliice
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed May 23, 2001 7:24 pm

Squids rule Image just group with ezz or lazz
Wargar
Sojourner

Postby Wargar » Wed May 23, 2001 10:38 pm

Squids rock, they just require a little more finesse than your average class, in order to excel. Illithid is one of the only race/classes that the difference in a mediocre and a good player _really_ shows.
Stick with it, learn the class some more.. you'll love it eventually :P.
Xizz
Sojourner

Postby Xizz » Thu May 24, 2001 2:43 am

I think cherzra misses the point of this post. The question was if they could solo stuff. Not if they were powerful when grouped. However, the people he did mention have been playing the class for a long time and they are familiar with the how's with soloing as a psionicist. Well at least one of them is.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Thu May 24, 2001 7:25 pm

Hrmm, no good at soloing (tanking) but get you some plat and buy a goblin to do that (at low levels).

Just send Cherzra a tell and he'll come over to Ix and download some plat for you. Kinda like the UD's green santa claus for plat and equipment.

*duck*

[This message has been edited by azzixxenae (edited 05-24-2001).]
Lokke
Sojourner

Postby Lokke » Tue May 29, 2001 7:19 pm

Other possibilities to allow soloing is to know where there is a quick heal room. Also find the mobs that maybe dont hit as hard. You will also want to kill things you can drain. Takes a little hunting around to find the right mobs to kill for your time and pain. Suggestions are just more or less trial and error. Once you get past that first couple levels it gets a bit easier and at 23 its an all new world for soloing.

Lazz

P.S. Xizz I hope that wasnt directed at me Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”