A possible solution to twinking.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Kyos
Sojourner

Postby Kyos » Thu May 31, 2001 10:31 pm

Man, what is the fuzz about.

WHY on earth can't you just add a random percentage load on items that should be harder to get so they won't only pop at boots.

Sarvis idea is great, and it takes about 3 lines of code to add.

It's just twinks that are against it, that want the item there everytime they camp on it so they can sell it in wd and get all warm and cozy!

Ridiculous, add the percentage and its all solved. Simple and easy.

Bleh.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 31, 2001 11:25 pm

Wow wouldn't it suck to have to loot a few players corpses in a spank? Oh sorry guys I can't take your equip cause I've already got two.

"Twinkage" will happen. Hoarding EQ is a players right. If they wanna do it, more power to em. Learn to beat them to it. Coding in things like this will only hurt the mud itself. Thats why you cant really code things to prevent twinkage...because it hurts the gameplay of the whole MUD.

3nj0y for i am ub3rl33t and you are not Image
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:28 am

Excellent point Gormal. I hadn't even thought of that.

Thanks.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:35 am

My solution doesn't have that problem though. Image

And it was more than just 3 lines of code Kyos... heh. Actually if the imms wanted it I could prolly send them the code I wrote before... but still waiting for them to show any sign that they even read this thread. Image

*poke imm types*

Sarvis
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:57 am

I liked how the GC hills was changed so that it was rare that anything popped at boot, and that the rares could pop at any time the zone was reset.

i've built and adminned on many muds and THAT is by far the BEST solution. camping one mob hoping for it to maybe drop a rare is sooooo everquest.....
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:58 am

Mask posting partway through it wasn't a hint?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jun 01, 2001 3:24 am

Actually that was more like the first quarter of the thread, and all he said was to stop flaming... I'm more interested in whether or not they like my solution for solving the camping problem.

As far as killing a mob 30+ times for eq being EQ... well, I guess that's true. But what we have now is just a problem EQ tried to solve... so maybe something better? I still like my idea (duh!) but if anyone has something better then post! Image

Sarvis
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Fri Jun 01, 2001 4:58 pm

Keep in mind that EQ also has times where the only crash/reboot is the monthly update sometimes. They needed *something* in that situation.

And whether or not it's an idea from a different game, in practice it really bites. I played eq for about 9 months... and it just leads to silliness and bickering on a scale *way beyond* what we have here.

It leads to camping on a mob for 10-12 hours at a time, hoping it'll drop the item. It also encourages a rule that you can't "steal" a camp from someone else, since they may have killed the mob 100 times and not gotten the item, and you'll come in and kill it 5 times and get it.

All in all, unfortunately, it adds dissension rather than helping. I'm really not trying to shoot down your idea, because on the surface it is promising, but unfortunately I happen to have played a game in which it was implemented, and it only caused *nasty* arguments.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 06-01-2001).]
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Fri Jun 01, 2001 5:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiloppile:
<B>Keep in mind that EQ also has times where the only crash/reboot is the monthly update sometimes. They needed *something* in that situation.

And whether or not it's an idea from a different game, in practice it really bites. I played eq for about 9 months... and it just leads to silliness and bickering on a scale *way beyond* what we have here.

It leads to camping on a mob for 10-12 hours at a time, hoping it'll drop the item. It also encourages a rule that you can't "steal" a camp from someone else, since they may have killed the mob 100 times and not gotten the item, and you'll come in and kill it 5 times and get it.

All in all, unfortunately, it adds dissension rather than helping. I'm really not trying to shoot down your idea, because on the surface it is promising, but unfortunately I happen to have played a game in which it was implemented, and it only caused *nasty* arguments.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 06-01-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the flipside of that, as I played EQ as well.
The benefit of that is, you could camp a mob with a party, and eventually get that item for the whole party and never have to return.
Plus..we are talking about a "Mud" that 30 times the playerbase of sojourn per server online. Thats about the only reason that the camping became an issue, 'overcrowding'
With only 180 people or so max online sojourn at a time, and considering there are more zones in sojourn than everquest, I still wouldnt see making item pops random a problem.
As it is, to get items in sojourn doesnt necessarily require skill and tactics, it involves being the first one onsite after a crash/reboot. If the mud is up for weeks straight, the one person who got the Sword of almighty Fubarness before the long stint of no crashes benefits tremendously compared to the guy who is still using the wooden training sword, who has the ability to kill the mob of Fubarness, but it doesnt have the item, or wont till a mud crash or reboot.

My couple of coppers,

Garosh
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Fri Jun 01, 2001 5:52 pm

So are you going to play or what Garosh... ohh pimp of almighty Avernus reborn?

Garosh swings!
Garosh swings!
Garosh's blade o' fubar glows darkly as he goes into the fubar whirl o' attacks!(tm)
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!<----- Started getting boring right about here
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits again!
Garosh hits!
Garosh swings!

hehehe... good to see an old face again... hope to see you in the mud.. you have to be as old as me :P

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sangdraxus Blackfire:
<B>So are you going to play or what Garosh... ohh pimp of almighty Avernus reborn?

Garosh swings!
Garosh swings!
Garosh's blade o' fubar glows darkly as he goes into the fubar whirl o' attacks!(tm)
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!<----- Started getting boring right about here</B>
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits!
Garosh hits again!
Garosh hits!
Garosh swings!

hehehe... good to see an old face again... hope to see you in the mud.. you have to be as old as me :P

</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been playing since a week after open (Only evenings and weekends though, durn bills, and paying them) Image
I'm anonymous but I'm there..heh
My favorite in that line of things was..
Garosh swings his Doombringer whichs blurs.
Garosh slashes a duck hard.
Garosh slashes a duck very hard.
A duck is nearly slain by the force of your slash.
You fumble Doombringer, the sword of Chaos.
Doombringer, the sword of Chaos sinks into the water.

Loved that duck pond Image

Dunno how old ya are, but i'm creeping up there hah.

As Indiana Jones once said 'Its not the age, its the mileage'

Garosh

[This message has been edited by Garosh (edited 06-01-2001).]
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Garosh:
<B> I've been playing since a week after open (Only evenings and weekends though, durn bills, and paying them) Image
I'm anonymous but I'm there..heh
My favorite in that line of things was..
Garosh swings his Doombringer whichs blurs.
Garosh slashes a duck hard.
Garosh slashes a duck very hard.
A duck is nearly slain by the force of your slash.
You fumble Doombringer, the sword of Chaos.
Doombringer, the sword of Chaos sinks into the water.

Loved that duck pond Image

Dunno how old ya are, but i'm creeping up there hah.

As Indiana Jones once said 'Its not the age, its the mileage'

Garosh

[This message has been edited by Garosh (edited 06-01-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or there is this one.... I remember buying my Sword of the Anti-Paladin from Deidrit... payed something insane for it... *shakes fist at the druid*

I bought the sword at the turning point and began my walk back to Bloodstone... and then I stumbled upon the Might Duck Pond O' Sword Swallowing of which you speak...

Nice thing about that sword is the Unholy Word Proc on it... and HEY LOOK! the ducks are all GOOD!...

You engulf a duck in blood with the force of your mighty slash!
You swing_badly_fumbling your Sword of the Anti-Paladin!
Your sword of the Anti-Paladin sinks!

I never even got to see the proc work Image...

Traveling down to the Turning Point from Bloodstone: 2pp
Buying The Sword of the Anti-Paladin from Deidrit: 5000pp
Fumbling The Sword of the Anti-Paladin on a fucking duck and watching it sink: Priceless

Hope to see you in game... I should be getting into full swing here soon! Image

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:45 pm

Please, please, please stop these kind of threads.. the code you want is already in! mobs can and do repop with -good- eq on a random chance. Kill the mob enough, and it will repop with the eq you want. I know of at least one place where this is true, and I'm assuming it is in other places as well. You just have to find where they are. The chance is small.

-Todrael
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:30 am

Tod,

It's not instituted everywhere, though.

And telling someone not to post ideas defeats the purpose of this board. Image

Ideas and Feedback. Simple as that. Everytime I post something, anything, I get stuff rammed down my throat. I've taken up emailing admins, much more productive, but much more annoying to them, I am certain.

Because of things that have happened in the past, I will never, ever, post an idea or feedback on this BBS again. It's not worth the trouble or hassle.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Jun 02, 2001 1:12 pm

Waaah!! Bill Gates has too much money. Its not fair. Let reprogram the Microsoft computers so that it sends out his paycheck to random addresses. That is how this thread sounds to me. In RL (which many of you on here appear not to have btw) people have skills which they use to earn their living. If you are good at something, then you profit from your knowledge.

The same holds true on the mud. People learn something which others don't know, or they are more organized and quicker than other people and hence get the prized item(s) first. There is nothing wrong with that. And if they get extra it is their RIGHT to sell the extras to earn their living, so that they can advance as well. You as their competition have 3 options:
a) beat that person at their own game, and get to the item first, etc.
b) deal with the situation and buy the item from that person, using the money which you earned doing what you were good at
c) get out of the market for the contested item and find your own nitch item which you can get/quest and profit from.

Do not penalize people for what they know and can do. So what if someone beats you to the ts ring every boot. Go into some of the newer zones and search around. I bet you can find an even better item, and then you can sell those.

Lyt
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jun 02, 2001 3:19 pm

Ever notice that it's only the oldest, most experienced players that are against this? Maybe because they don't want other people learning where things are...

That said, I give up. Lyt, you just repeated what Cherzra, Ragorn and several others have said... in other words your only argument is stop whining and accept that as a newbie you aren't allowed to know where shit is. I'll leave it to the imms to decide whether they want the MUD to be like that or not.

Sarvis
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Jun 02, 2001 3:45 pm

The eq repopping on the mobs has been instituted in at least 2 areas. These are the only 2 areas I have killed constantly in for exp, and the eq that repops there is not too bad. Keep killing an eq mob, maybe it will give you it's item after a while. Just because you don't think it's widely implemented doesn't mean it isn't. Bandor might die only once a boot.. no one will ever know if the flagon repops on him since the only reason people kill him is for the flagon.

-Todrael
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Sat Jun 02, 2001 4:05 pm

I haven't been on island for awhile, but the first few times we did bandor, he repopped with a 2nd flagon once or twice.
Belle
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Ever notice that it's only the oldest, most experienced players that are against this? Maybe because they don't want other people learning where things are...

That said, I give up. Lyt, you just repeated what Cherzra, Ragorn and several others have said... in other words your only argument is stop whining and accept that as a newbie you aren't allowed to know where shit is. I'll leave it to the imms to decide whether they want the MUD to be like that or not.

Sarvis</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarvis, I don't know why you are getting so bent out of shape about the ability of people to get equipment. I have been on this mud for about 6 years, and it's not my fault I have learned a few things along the way (as had Ragorn, Cherzra, Waelos etc.) I started as a true newbie. I didn't have any RL friends who mudded and helped me out. I stumbled on this place by accident for the most part. I put in my time as a newbie and learned the ropes. I didn't cry because people had better equipment than me. I saved my cash and bought stuff that was for sale. Eventually I learned my way around and started being able to get eq on my own. Thats just the natural progression of things.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it sounds like you don't want there to be any advantage for learning the ropes on the mud. If thats the case why bother trying? Now I don't feel that I am one of the people who will constantly do a quest (especially newbie quests) when I don't need to. That is a valid point. But I don't know why you have so much anger against most of us old time players who know where and how to get some piece of equipment before everyone else does. So what if we are able to get 2 tiny silver rings before you do. That means nothing. I know you want a level playing field so to speak, but the only way your plan of fairness can work is to get rid of all the old players who know anything.

I have no problem with people who are new learning where things are and how to get them. It just seems to me that you want everyone who knows anything about the mud to sit around idle in newbie gear while the true newbies of the mud level at their own pace and then go exploring for the first time as if everything is brand new and no one knows a thing. It just doesn't work that way. Life follows a Bel curve, and so does the dream world we live in on the mud. I can't do anything about that.

Lyt

[This message has been edited by Lyt (edited 06-02-2001).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jun 02, 2001 7:47 pm

Lyt, you make it sound like I want you guys unable to get items. I have no idea how you got that because I've said anything but. The problem isn't that Rags went and grabbed 2 obsidian scimitars for his own use, or that you went and got 4 tiny silver rings for you and your alt. The problem is that many people will repeatedly do items they don't need, just to either sell them or save them up for an alt they might roll in 3 months.

If I sound angry it's because I get sick of people saying, "Shut up, stop whining because that's just the way things are!" Even though my proposal could be beneficial you. Ever gone looking for the onyx ring and not found it? I'd be willing to bet yes... because someone else already got to it. Now what if you got there and it WAS there, not because no one bothered to go and get it... but because it repopped?

If learning the ropes on Sojourn was about just eq, then no one would ever be able to. Because the ropes disappear rapidly after a reboot. I could (and do) still learn how to play my class, and utilize my skills in the best ways... but I'd still be walking around in newbie gear waiting for people to give me hand me downs. I guess maybe this wipe I'd hoped to be able to obtain my own eq for a change.

And one last thing. You said you can't do anything about the way things are, but what you are really doing with your post is trying to stop those who are trying to do something about it. The whole point of this and the feedback thread is for players to post things they'd like changed or improved... think about it.
Sarvis
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Jun 02, 2001 8:13 pm

Well let me put it this way. I would rather run down to get a piece of eq and find that it is gone, but at least know that it is there ever boot, than to run down and check everything all the time just in the hopes that it is there. The mud has enough of the rare load items. Don't make everything a rare load or it just makes the mud into one big place where people HAVE to run around constantly just to look for stuff. That makes the problem worse than the one you think exists now if you ask me.

Lyt
Niple
Sojourner

Postby Niple » Sat Jun 02, 2001 10:21 pm

Seems to me that this topic all boils down to a debate of ethics. Some people have 'em, some people don't. These people that don't, will always find ways to beat the system.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, nor choosing a side on this matter. I'm gonna play my way, and not worry about anyone else anymore. If you have a problem with me, or the way I play, I'm sorry. I just don't care anymore.

Bite my Niple Image
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jun 03, 2001 12:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Ever notice that it's only the oldest, most experienced players that are against this?

Sarvis</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least he was half right....*hands Lyt some Geritol*

oh and btw....you are fat as well lyt Image

3nj0y because I am l33t and you are not Image
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Jun 03, 2001 2:18 am

<B>Now what if you got there and it WAS there, not because no one bothered to go and get it... but because it repopped?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It might do that anyways.... you don't know until you kill him enough times to find out.

-Todrael
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Jun 03, 2001 2:33 am

People may very well be hording items to sell or trade for other things, but the idea that someone would be hording something like the tiny silvers for an alt they might roll up in 3 months... is kinda silly.

By then they'll be able to get much nicer rings very easily.

Incidentally, last boot I was probably guilty of this, at least the way you define it. I had a 46th necro (when they shut down) who did the commander in IC most boots. Mind you, I gave out about half of the purple earthies, but I also sold them to people because I couldn't get in groups and it afforded me a way to trade/buy the equipment I wanted (this was about 6 months into the wipe though).

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 06-02-2001).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Jun 03, 2001 3:57 am

Actually Todrael it could be set up to repop without killing that mob. Or even to have less chance of repopopping if the mob is killed a certain number of times in an hour or something to prevent people from just repeatedly killing that mob.

Which brings me to another idea I had:

Could make it so that the total number of an item in the world is kept track of, and the more of that item there is the greater chance there is of it popping.

So if Cherdrael the troll necro goes and hoards 50 tiny silver rings to sell to all the evils of the world the rings will become so common that they are almost worthless.

This way people could hoard items all they wanted, but they couldn't really profit by it... and would only be increasing other peoples chances of finding that item.

I don't know if I actually like this idea or not, just something I thought of. Go ahead and discuss! Image

Sarvis
Eadgydd
Sojourner

Postby Eadgydd » Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:30 am

Hmm... last thread I responded to (Delayed spawns) I seem to have shut down nicely, no replies for several days. Let's see if I can do the same here *nods to herself smugly*

Here goes: After reading all the discussion I honestly don't know whether random loading eq would improve things, though it seems the best *coded* solution to 'twinking' suggested. And I'm sure that as someone (I think Sarvis) suggested it would only take 3 lines of code. But the 'three lines of code' necessary to effect a random pop of items would have to be written in individually for EACH ITEM. There are literally hundreds of items in most zones, and there are dozens of zones. How many lines of code does that make?

Quite frankly there are more important things to do, like fixing bugs and balance in certain spells and skills, and getting a certain _entire class_ done and in. I think I can say with some authority since I _live_ with one that the coders are up to their ears in things to do and working their butts off doing code for Toril in addition to working their day jobs *shields Uthgar protectively*

So I can understand the frustration at not being able to explore and find out where eq loads. And you may very well have a good suggestion about how to solve the problem mud-wide. However, if it is ever implemented, it will be too late to help you now as you try to find stuff and gain levels.

So, to some extent, as several people have said, you do just have to put up with it. I know it's frustrating. I remember when I started and the only eq I got was through charity. I agree it is much more satisfying to earn your own. But there are some things you can do to improve the situation:

1) Wander, explore, ask mobs questions. Leave your eq on storage and wander naked if you are worried about dying and losing everything. You can get a lot of eq from quests, and even if the items you need for the quest are already gone, the mobs usually give you a good idea of where to find them. Then you can run for that item at boot.

2) A lot of new zones went in with beta. No one, not even the alpha testers, saw these zones. Find out which are the new zones (I'll be happy to tell you which ones weren't in before, though I may not know where the zones are) and explore those. The playing field is pretty even there.

3) This is getting harder to do as people go up levels, but do it while you can: As long as you are going naked and not risking eq loss, check out some of the higher level zones (at least the ones on prime) The equipment in these areas isn't gone so soon after boot, as it takes time to get together enough people of high enough level. You won't be able to get this eq now, but at least you will know where it is when you get high enough level to get it.

4) Forget about the #$^& tiny silver rings! (as that is the item everyone seems most worried about :P) I know where they load, and I still went ringless until level 20 or so. There are other rings, which you _will_ get eventually if you just concentrate on putting together groups and getting levels. If someone thinks less of you or won't let you into their group because you don't have 2 tiny silver rings, do you really want to group with them anyway? Image

I hope this helps.

I dare anyone to reply and continue this thread :P
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:41 am

I keep saying this, but no one seems to hear me.... the code is already in. Mobs already do repop with eq on a random chance after reboot. Eq that people use.

-Todrael
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Jun 03, 2001 8:40 am

Unfortunately, Todrael, I think that's predominantly in those zones you do. It may be that it's not implemented in most places on the mud.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Jun 03, 2001 3:55 pm

Here goes: After reading all the discussion I honestly don't know whether random loading eq would improve things, though it seems the best *coded* solution to 'twinking' suggested. And I'm sure that as someone (I think Sarvis) suggested it would only take 3 lines of code. But the 'three lines of code' necessary to effect a random pop of items would have to be written in individually for EACH ITEM. There are literally hundreds of items in most zones, and there are dozens of zones. How many lines of code does that make?

Still 3 lines of code. After that it's just a flag set on each mob. (ACtually I think it ended up being maybe 30 lines after I put in the options to OLC and everything, but again I oculd send the imms that code if they wanted to use it or look at it.)

Quite frankly there are more important things to do, like fixing bugs and balance in certain spells and skills, and getting a certain _entire class_ done and in. I think I can say with some authority since I _live_ with one that the coders are up to their ears in things to do and working their butts off doing code for Toril in addition to working their day jobs *shields Uthgar protectively*

Don't forget archery! Image

4) Forget about the #$^& tiny silver rings! (as that is the item everyone seems most worried about :P) I know where they load, and I still went ringless until level 20 or so. There are other rings, which you _will_ get eventually if you just concentrate on putting together groups and getting levels. If someone thinks less of you or won't let you into their group because you don't have 2 tiny silver rings, do you really want to group with them anyway?

Tiny silver rings are basically just an example of the problem. I'm not quite big enough to take them out yet anyway... heh.

Todrael: Yes, now stop repeating yourself. Just because it repops on three mobs in DK or something doesn't mean it's "coded." It could be scripts specially set for those items... and in any case I kind of doubt it's been implemented on more than a couple zones on Sojourn.

Guess no one liked my other idea eh?

Sarvis
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Jun 03, 2001 4:06 pm

Well if you are a coder and you want to add code to the mud, why not apply to become an immort and then have a say in what goes on. Whether we are agree with you or not is irrelevant, as we are not the ones who make the decisions. So if you have sent the code to them, and they aren't working on adding it or telling you that they would like to add it, it sounds to me like it will not be done.

I almost forgot. Just look back to when the mud was up for several years, and how much extra eq there was. Really good items became so trivial that they were often left on the ground in zones because no one wanted them. Now what would happen if the eq had a chance to repop on a mob each time it was killed? People would just sit on a mob and kill it over and over to stock up on them. The mud would be inundated with a horde of eq, and nothing would be unique anymore. At least for the first 1-2 years items will be useful and people will have to work to get them. The other way floods the mud the instant a group is able to do a mob.

Lyt

[This message has been edited by Lyt (edited 06-03-2001).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:19 pm

<B>Todrael: Yes, now stop repeating yourself. Just because it repops on three mobs in DK or something doesn't mean it's "coded." It could be scripts specially set for those items... and in any case I kind of doubt it's been implemented on more than a couple zones on Sojourn.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Area's I know with mobs that repop with eq: tower, havenport, ice crag. Number of mobs that I know repop with eq occassionally in those areas: 13+. Checking credits, I see that each of these area's is made by a different creator, and in the world they are very far apart from each other.

-Todrael
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:34 pm

There are even "random" repops in places as small as the faerie forest outside WD. This is not my issue... but it does help in CERTAIN situations.

My issue is this... people stop being completely greedy and hoarding. There were two people who I will leave unnamed that just looked at me and GAVE me equipment... I was taken aback...

I roleplay evil, but sometimes it is just nice to see...

and I am not saying that every person just stop what your doing, take the clothes off your back and equip someone else... what I am saying is hey... were still early in the mud, everyone is fighting for the same equipment... if you have 5 earrings, drop one off on someone you see that might not even have anything in that slot. You know where the item is at... not like you are not going to be able to pick one up later on...

does this make any sense?

hehe... God I love Sojourn!

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”