Trophy

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Lithius
Sojourner

Trophy

Postby Lithius » Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:07 am

Trophy is good to help the explore part, but it takes forever to get the mobs off of it, was wondering if it would make sense if it would clear when you die or something..

Just a thought.
Lithius
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Jul 09, 2001 7:18 am

Would be too twinkable me thinks.
But when you die I wouldn't mind a percentage drop on them all, I think I've heard it actually goes up right now on a death.
Lithius
Sojourner

Postby Lithius » Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:22 am

hmm, will check next time I die, should be tonight.

Lithius
gurzog
Sojourner

Postby gurzog » Tue Jul 10, 2001 7:30 am

Yeah trophy goes up with deaths, probably not really that noticeable at low levels when you have 20 mobs on the list, but at high levels where the only xp is to do the same mobs for hours on end, you notice trophy increase a bit more
died 3x in one night, had a mob show up on trophy that had never been there before :)
but anyway, it kind of understandable
as you gain levels...the old mobs you used to xp on eventually drop off the list and fall down to 0%, the new mobs start dominating
and afterall, all trophy shows is what % of your total xp such and such mob takes up, so you die, your total xp is less, so that mob then has a higher % of your total xp
example: you have 1000 xp, mobx gave you 100 xp, so your trophy at 10%
you die, now you have 900 xp, but mobx still gave you 100xp, so now your trophy at 11%
maybe it should also decrease the amount of xp mobx gave you by the % of xp you lose on death, so you lose 10% of xp, so after death in previous example, amount of xp that mobx contributed to your xp is 10% less, at 90 now...but so far from what i've seen, it's really a moot point, i don't really see much difference in xp no matter what trophy says
but then i don't have any mobs over 7% on trophy
under lvl 20, a friend of mine was still getting really good xp on a mob i was killing for him and his trophy was up at 75%, this was way back at the beginning of the wipe and he was only around lvl 9 or 10
hmm, high lvls, if your killing the same mob over and over and over and it looks likeyou're getting less xp, find something else, there's NOT a lack of places to xp, true solo-wise you're pretty limited depending what class/race you play and also sure, some places rock for xp, some dont, some places are better for a small group, some for a large group
but, what's better, sit there doing nothing and getting NO xp, or at least killing what you can and getting some xp?
it all adds up in the end :)
I believe this was the point of the xp grid zones, while the xp might really suck, I doubt that any race/class combo really has a problem soloing similarily(sp?) leveled mobs in them and each mob you do kill does give you *some* xp
I guess killing something is better than sitting at some fountain watching newbies run by killing dogs and cats and whatever :)
oh well, think i've wandered a bit off topic
but anyway, i haven't really noticed that trophy makes that much of a difference, sure it might *seem* that way, but you raise a level, that same mob you killed last level IS going to give you less xp from your standpoint since we don't see actual numbers only >'s representing approx. 2% of a lvl, if it's higher level, there will be a lower bonus for killing a higher lvled mob, and plus your next level will take more xp for each >
I rarely bother much with trophy tho, mainly cause i can barely stand killing the same mobs for more than a couple hrs,oh well guess i rambled enough and probably made no sense whatsoever, but i'm a troll, what can i say? :)

gurzog says ooh why that man sending the pretty fire at me?

Welcome to Sojourn!

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”