Need 'fun' stuff for mid-level characters like..

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Soria
Sojourner

Need \'fun\' stuff for mid-level characters like..

Postby Soria » Tue Jul 17, 2001 5:47 am

Ok, 2 things fall under that broad topic:

1) a request from the Women for more garment pieces to truly make us feel feminine, but fun... garters, stockings, high heels, bustiere, teddies, silk panties..etc. /an aside: it would be nice to have them have some ac or such attributes, to be somewhat utilitarian also.

And also something for the men: red silk boxers *grin* ...okay guys, your turn for thoughts on this one. Image

2) Ok, my real life mudding boyfriend got my character a gleaming, of which many are drooling over..(cause i drooled over his).
-At my current level, I cannot attain this..and items of this caliber and such seemingly are not within my reach for me myself to get on my own. And it frustrates me and a few others in the same situation. We too want items that excite us..that makes us say: "Hey, where did you get that, so that I can go get one myself..cause it's really cool!" --And then be able to go do it. (with help from others from same level possibly).

Please, pretty please, we need more items for mid-level..ie swords, equipment, etc.

Thank you so very much!
*curtsey*

Aka Chenoa, the thief on the sojourn2..
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Tue Jul 17, 2001 6:26 am

get the sleezy dress from WD..... that should turn your boyfriend on.....
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 12:58 pm

One of the mobs down by the Manor (forget the zone name.. daalgar knows) has a couple spiffy items..
Eyeshadow on eyes and rouge on face.. hahaha.
When I saw that mob I couldn't stop laughing.. snicker
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>One of the mobs down by the Manor (forget the zone name.. daalgar knows) has a couple spiffy items..
Eyeshadow on eyes and rouge on face.. hahaha.
When I saw that mob I couldn't stop laughing.. snicker</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ar'ndir... or somethin along those lines.

Twyl
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:45 pm

Yeah, thats the place. Image
Soria
Sojourner

Postby Soria » Tue Jul 17, 2001 7:12 pm

I am trying 1st for being 'sexy', **not** sleezy.

But the comments are great..thx

--What do you think about the 2nd idea..for more great equipment designed for character levels around 17th-25ish? (for example).
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:26 pm

hmmm.. i've seen some pretty sexy items of clothing down in trollbark forest.. yeeeah.
trollbark forest.
Zogur
Sojourner

Postby Zogur » Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:17 pm

In the Citadel you can find stuff like sexy lingerie and boxers shorts.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:44 pm

why bother. we all know all female mud char are actually men. i'm warning u guys out there dont do it. leave those female mud char alone cuz they are guys. dont made a fool off. malacar can be incognito as a women and u can be talking sexy to malacar how scary would that be.
Soria
Sojourner

Postby Soria » Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:56 am

--In reply, there are some of us who are actually women typing on those keys! -You just have to do like everyone else: ask!

-It's *very* unkind to discrimate, just because some play characters opposite of their real life gender.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:37 pm

Well, this is one of my favorite gripes...there are literally hundreds of nice mid-level items from scores of mid-level zones, plus quite a few spanky quest items scattered throughout the mud easily achievable by a 25th leveler solo.

The poblem is that mid-levelers are more focused on XP and getting to level 50 than enjoying being where they are. There are many many quests that have never been found, and lots of items that have never been looked for simply because of a desire to be 50th level, so my suggestion to you is to read the credits, target zones in your level range, and see what you can find...I guarantee you'll be surprised.

R
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:40 pm

Ah, and on your other topic we had *some* items like what you're refering to ("garters, stockings, high heels, bustiere, teddies, silk panties") probably 5 years ago and players complained and threatened, so we removed them all. Ditto with items using vulgar language in their descriptions (although a couple still exist using them in their keyword list if I remember correctly). Despite our violence and wantom mayhem we are a family mud. Image

R
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:44 pm

Why the heck do people want to have skirts, makeup and boxers, this is a fantasy mud, i want dragon armor and acid dripping bastard swords, you people are wierd.

I think zones that keep higher level players out that contain mid level equipment would be kind of nice. I see good mid level equipment taken by higher level players every boot leaving the lower levels with no chance at all of getting them. Personally i will leave any and all of this stuff alone untill at least 5-10 hours into the boot unless I have a specific need for them. Unfortnatly some people don't work this way and all it takes is 1.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Jul 18, 2001 10:58 pm

As Cyric said, there ARE a number of mid-level eq "zones." For example, BGR has a few decent pieces of easy to get eq. The problem is that lots of stuff just doesn't have a wow factor since 1) it's not hard to get and 2) it doesn't look that neat in many cases. For instance, the silver greatsword off of BGR is a great lower-mid level weapon. But it looks SOO plain. Compare this with say, the damascene scimitar from somewhere. It has worse stats, but just has much more style to it. In short, there ARE things like Soria seems to be looking for in the mud, but a lot of them could use some sprucing up (weapons especially, since those tend to be the focal points of warrior types).
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:50 pm

This is regarding the comment about colourful ansi on eq.

One thing I really really can't stand is eq that is colourful but shouldn't be. This is one big reason why I like this mud, the eq is usually plain coloured and the really special stuff starts to get colourful. If everything was colourful, the mud would be garish beyond belief. In the words of a friend of mine, "like rows of dancing clowns" when you look at someone's eq.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:07 am

There's a difference between sprucing up certain items and making everyone look like a rainbow. I'm thinking of things more along the lines of changing the silver greatsword's ansi to bold white (it's silver, it should look a bit shinier), not making stuff look like tinker gear or the horribly wrong purple and neon green pants from pirate ship. It's very possible to make items look more stylish without making them extremely gaudy (ie, avoid mixing magenta and anything Image)
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:08 pm

Fruity bracelet? Hee hee.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cyric:
<B>Ah, and on your other topic we had *some* items like what you're refering to ("garters, stockings, high heels, bustiere, teddies, silk panties") probably 5 years ago and players complained and threatened, so we removed them all. Ditto with items using vulgar language in their descriptions (although a couple still exist using them in their keyword list if I remember correctly). Despite our violence and wantom mayhem we are a family mud. Image

R</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always wondered what happened to brother marcel's stock of merchandise.
The guy has been out for years...supplier must've gone belly-up.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”