Evil upgrade

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Allycis
Sojourner

Evil upgrade

Postby Allycis » Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:30 pm

I was just thinking that maybe since goodies get more classes and all, that perhaps battlechanters could get a little something new. Was thinking about the possibility of giving battlechanters double attack and springleap. No i'm not saying we make monks out of bchanters, but it could possibly help to make them less useless for the time being, and even now bards have a bunch more skills than battlechanters do.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Mon Oct 29, 2001 11:58 pm

agreed, near as i can tell battle chanters are a bit of a joke
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:46 am

a bit of a joke??
A white horse fell in the mud is a bit of a joke.. the best momma joke known to man is a bit of a joke.. bards are a whole joke multiplied by infinty

still.. they fun Image

thran
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Nov 03, 2001 4:58 pm

arent bards equally as big as a joke?

goods and evils dont need to be equally as powerful because the most powerful element in this game is simply people. over the long run, whomever has the most people is the most powerful.

I always want to see a variety, in the tools available (classes and eq) to each side. We of course dont want one to have classes and skills that outstrip the other side, but overall it should look relatively equivalent. Thats one reason im against antis on the evil side and I think Lichs should be a race (maybe 3 races). Another thing Id like to see is that squid skills not get affected by MR (or at least pforce i dont think it makes sense, and i think it would be a appropriate counter to archery?).

you got to remember that a lot of people played evils when there werent any clerics, squids, or sorcs (not even oc ones). Its a different challenge and doesnt need to be nor should it be like playing the goodie side. Gives the game a depth that most games lack. You could play one side for 4 or 5 years and not learn everything on one side... theres still a whole world to explore on the other side of the fence. New tactics, new classes, new zones, new hardships.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Nov 04, 2001 9:30 am

the whole thing, and the old argument, about how much harder the evils had it makes them better is truly not relevent to any current debates.

the game has been drastically, DRASTICALLY altered since that time so both sides are on an even playing field pretty much. evils just lack any subclasses.

since we have to pc tank everything, both sides should have available to them the best pc tanking class. as of right now that is NOT warriors so there's a slight imbalance there

psi's not as self sufficient as druids, but can still do some amazing things, so that evens out.

yes it was a bit more difficult to play an evil race during the toril days. but dont say you didnt have access to clerics/sorcs/bards/druids cause you did, as outcasts. even had a paladin type too.

then again you really cant bring up how it used to be in this type of thread, cause what used to be is simply no more. the game is vastly different now, where 50 damroll on an ogre dont mean what i used to and you have to have twice as many spells cast on you at spellups. the pbase is smaller, more is required in a group but there are group limits yadda yadda yadda...tired..hasta....

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 11-04-2001).]
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:44 pm

Eheheh... Lemme insert my little comment as well. You said that both sides are equally powerful, rite? Theoretically, that must mean that both sides must have same number of pc. BUT! They havent. Good side always has 2x..3x more pcs. Doesnt that mean that evils MUST have some upgrades? Bchanters, you'd say. Yeah, but did you asked evils why Thrankon is the only 15+ bchanter availaible? Goodies get their numbers... Maybe evils must get something to balance it? We can scarcely gather zoning groups while goodies are always zoning with full groups... If you ask me, I'd say that it DOESNT looks balanced.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Nov 06, 2001 3:11 pm

So by that argument a class is unbalanced if less people play it?!?
tsaej
Sojourner

Postby tsaej » Tue Nov 06, 2001 4:29 pm

Thrankon isn't the only 15+ Battlechanter available -whistle- Image

Tsaej Brokenfingers -The Forgotten Battlechanter-
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Tue Nov 06, 2001 6:30 pm

All i said was, they suck ass..lets give em a quick boost til the planned upgrades come in and then decide whether they should keep these skills or not...Is this gonna unbalance the mud? i seriously doubt it. Would it make a weener class slightly more fun to play? definitely
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Nov 07, 2001 4:03 am

ruagh..

i didnt base my comments on the fact that goodies always have, and always will, have more players.

that's simple really...most folks want to be heroes and it hard to roleplay a troll hero!
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Wed Nov 07, 2001 12:37 pm

2Tsaej - Well, Thrankon is the mostly-online 15+ bchanter Image

2Grintor - Not quite right. Most people wanna RP, and it is FUN to RP a troll hero, by my opinion Image And about numbers... By my opinion, it is quite bad anyway that numbers are shifted in goodies favor... Maybe evil races/classes can get some boost up to compensate it? How much goodies Jot groups can you usually see? And how much evils? Well, you've got the idea. Dont you agree that since evils are having alot of difficulties (there's more evil-aggro mobs than good-aggro, I beleive), they must have something in reward for it?
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:38 pm

Think the whole 'reward' of being evil is that you as a player.. have the satisfaction of doing things on the harder side of the ball. Personally I get more satisfaction from playing on the side of the game where theres less people and still being able to do things like manscorps etc. I've also found that the evil side is a tighter knit group in most cases. But it could be also the fact that i hardly know anyone or knew anyone on the good side of the game to begin with.

Bards/btc/elementalists all suxor, on both sides of the game.. am sure someday somewhere in the world.. they wont. The gods have made it quite obvious that 'interm' upgrades arnt going to happen.. else elementalists wouldnt have been downed back in sj2 or toril or whatever wipe it was.. and still be waiting..

thran
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:55 am

i think the point is that we dont want both sides to be the same. if they were both the same what would the point be in having 2 sides? let one be harder than the other and try to keep things close. example, imp archery make MR not apply to squids.

i definitely dont think that evil classes or races got to be stronger than goodies just to balance out lack of players. that be kind of dumb, youd end up with 80% of the players playing the out of balance class, then it would get nerfed (squids/lichs).
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Nov 08, 2001 3:07 am

"that be kind of dumb, youd end up with 80% of the players playing the out of balance class, then it would get nerfed (squids/lichs)."

Liches are common? Only two currently play on Sojourn3...

-Todrael
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:37 am

1st issue: differences is good evil v goodie
i think what kiryan trying to say is that starcraft is a great game cuz there are 3 distinct races. protoss, zerg & human. each has their own specialities, progression, and strategies. i'm good at protoss but i suck at zerg and humans. anyways, if i want a challenge i can stop playing protoss and play zerg. okay, now on to how does this relate, well... i think kiryan is looking at the long term. if folks get tired of same old, then they can get a new challenge by switching sides. (kirayn correct me if i'm wrong)

issue # 2. make evil stronger cuz we under populated.
dude, evil strong enuf. i mean i'm playing evil. u think corth can solo jot. heck i took out 3 w/ 1 swat. yeap, jabber, q, and yan. by myself. gods, u needa make goodie stronger cuz it's just not balance w/ me on the evil side.

*flex*
Super soker
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Fri Nov 09, 2001 11:02 pm

I agree with everything sok said except for the part where he is good at protoss. Lies.

Dornax
Jurdex

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”