level 15-20 quests?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Nazan
Sojourner

level 15-20 quests?

Postby Nazan » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:17 am

i have been wondering about having a decent quest made for 15-20 lev chars. it seems that from level 1-30 something all you can do is just walk around killing stuff with no real mission other than to get exp. i have spent mind numbing hours just hacking away at monsters trying to level. im sure that everyone has had to go through that, but i have some ideas for an area for lower level chars to explore and quest, with new gear and the like for them to use.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:29 am

this works great on MMORPG's, where your char file is flagged that you have completed said quest so you cant pharm it.

unless the coders want to try that here, than having easily doable quests like that wont work. they will be pharmed.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:56 am

i don't know if i would put it in lvl 15-20. There is a quest in ant farm for that platinum earring, +1 hit +4 dex. Also, there's a quest for a 2d4 +1+1 axe in dusk road.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:17 am

There's a quest for an ac5 +1tohit bracelet that requires just walking and being evil. I can think of tons of quests that are aimed at low level characters. You have to look harder =9

Yayaril
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:26 am

Calimport is filled to the brim with quests, several of which can be done by lower level people. There are also 2 in GH which a level 10 or even level 5 player can do.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jan 08, 2002 2:18 pm

And don't forget BGR!!! Quests a'plenty out there....

There are quests almost everywhere zone you go into, and a great deal of them are doable by anybody. The only thing is, you want the equipment that's worth it, you have to go where you're gonna get hurt to get the items for it. Level 15-20 quests are great fun for people who enjoy doing quests, but the items they would produce would be level 15-20, as well.
Gakka
Sojourner

Postby Gakka » Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:32 pm

I don't understand why tell <mobile> hi
isn't in the help-files. come on! how are people supposed to know.

Is it a secret how you begin a quest?

I have almost done a quest, just need a pink mushroom now Image Rumor has it i get "a crappy hat" as reward.

/Disoputlip
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gakka:
<B>I don't understand why tell mobile hi

I have almost done a quest, just need a pink mushroom now Image Rumor has it i get "a crappy hat" as reward.

/Disoputlip

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're right. Every high level knows to ask a mob hi from other people. Maybe the newbie zone should have some sort of walkthrough to this. As for the crappy hat reward, that is the opinion of someone else. You may think it's great.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gakka:
<B>I don't understand why tell <mobile> hi

/Disoputlip

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been playing on the MUD for years, and I only just found out about that a few weeks ago reading another thread on the BBS...
I think there should be a quest in the newbie area that requires you to talk to certain mobs to get out, just as a refresher mebbe...

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:54 pm

It's was in my newbie help document!

Also useful for high levelers to read!

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000863.html
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Wed Jan 09, 2002 9:50 am

I have a pink mushroom *ponder* maybe I, too, could get a crappy hat! If that's the name, I'll even wear it! Woot!

Vadian
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:33 am

It's been in the newbie zone since the newbie zone was created. The room descriptions tell you to ask a mob for more information.

But, it will definitely be clearer in the new newbie zone.

- Ragorn
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jan 13, 2002 2:32 am

*sigh*

As I've posted before, I didn't figure out how to quest for months after I first started playing. When I finally figured it out myself, it was a wonderful feeling. I would hope that others would learn to appreciate questing in the same way.

That being said, I have heard that there are more lowlevel quests being planned... it's just that everything is still in the implementation phase. Time and patience will see their arrival.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”