Stun Removal Spell

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Lalsed
Sojourner

Stun Removal Spell

Postby Lalsed » Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:04 am

With all the stunning go on, from wing buffet to blacklight bursts, and other stuff from mobs, I thought a group spell, that removed the stun affect from a player, would be quite useful. This seems like a higher level spell, with a quick casting time, most likely 1 or 2 *'s, so as to be useful enough if it gets off early. The drawback of course is you can't cast it when stunned, so you have to avoid the thing that is causing it. I would love to see this as a druid spell, because I'm a druid of course, but I also seeing it just as likely as a shaman or cleric spell. Something like serenity or peace.
Any comments welcome, well, most any. Please don't let the thread turn into some flame war or something, that would be annoying.

Thanks.

------------------
Lalsed the Druid of Destruction...?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:47 am

please please please do not give us a spell that wards us from stuns...even reducing the chance...we don't need more spellups:P
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:27 pm

Personally I think a stun remove spell would be too powerful.

However, I would like to see a remove paralysis type spell, or something like cure afflicition that removes all bad spell effects from the target.. high circle of course, and can only cast once per person per day or something.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:05 pm

A spell that dissipates Thrym proc, you mean?

Ashiwi gazes out at the raging battle through a rippled blue haze. It must be time to go start a fresh pot of coffee for the evening ... and toss together some crepes ... and run down to the Farmer's Market for some fresh strawberries for them ... and go milk the cow to process the cream to go on top! Mmmmmm, strawberry crepes for breakfast, and just in time, the sun's coming up!
Ashiwi breathes a sigh of relief as the blue ice melts away.
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:31 pm

Not an enchantment Gormal, similar to gheal, I do like Rylans idea tho, but I don't see how it would be too insanely powerful. I suppose it could be some bard skill tho, but who knows about them.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>A spell that dissipates Thrym proc, you mean?

Ashiwi gazes out at the raging battle through a rippled blue haze. It must be time to go start a fresh pot of coffee for the evening ... and toss together some crepes ... and run down to the Farmer's Market for some fresh strawberries for them ... and go milk the cow to process the cream to go on top! Mmmmmm, strawberry crepes for breakfast, and just in time, the sun's coming up!
Ashiwi breathes a sigh of relief as the blue ice melts away.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love when i get frozen by thrym, gives me a few minutes to p and get somethin to eat.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:48 pm

Heh I like the idea... Gives room for more strategy eh. A single-effect stun-removal spell may be too insignificant to bother casting (?), a group-wide stun-removal spell is probably too powerful, maybe something in between.

[This message has been edited by Dezzex (edited 01-23-2002).]
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:02 pm

Something in between would be a nice balance, or maybe even stun the caster instead (although that doesn't make sense) Maybe make the spell have a "blast radius" and only hit some members of the group. And not all group members are always stunned when something happens remember.

------------------
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:11 pm

How about a high-level mentalist spell with a LONGish chant time, call it melt or whatever, that saves you from thrym proc or other para.

with like 10-15* chant on it, it gives something else a mentalist could be useful for without being able to cast it super quick (so it wouldnt unbalance current fights)

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:05 am

imping a spell for one mob that procs a para is not a good idea. best case, its a useless spell that gets cast once in a while, worst case a bunch of new mobs learn thyrm's para proc.
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:26 am

This has nothing to do with one proc. I did not even mention paralysis when I posted, I mentioned stun. Hence, stun removal spell. It would be nice if it removed paralysis, but removing stun would be the affect I was going for. I hate being stunned for several rounds from things such as wing buffet, and escipecally blacklight burst, if I could cast (if not stunned) or someone else could cast to remove stun from people in the group it would be a great help. Again, this is not about thrym, I didn't even think about that, it was something else that came up, original ideas seem to get lost in replies alot, even though I like most of the replies and they are great suggestions.

------------------
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:46 am

OMFG... LOL... when yer stunned, you mem out! You guys crack me up! Shamans need a downgrade if anything and clerics kick ass as it is!

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:07 am

Yeah, let's mem out when surronded by aggros, or maybe the tanks can just go wait till they aren't stunned anymore. We can twibble our thumbs till the affects go away. It's those rounds after stun when some key people can't do anything that can utterly spank a whole group.

------------------
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:34 am

YES, mem out when surrounded by aggro's and stunned! I think you are starting to see the picture!

"Welcome to Cartmanland! And the best part is, you can't come!"

j/k, hehe *poke*

If the whole group gets spanked because ONE spell or proc, then EVERYONE in that group needs to reconsider their tactics PERIOD!

Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:39 pm

Good aligned WarriorX bash 1.ghast
Good aligned WarriorY bash 2.ghoul

One of the good aligned warriors lag just a hair, off fires an unholy word. That unholy word stuns one of the bashers, who then cannot bash their next target. Off fires another unholy word, stunning the shaman, a cleric and the other basher.

It's all a dominoe effect when dealing with cleric mobs. Bashers can't exactly 'mem out' to wait out the stun, and it's all fun and games until someone drops an unholy Image

One spell can spank a group - just because of the cascade it can cause due to stun.

Sylvos
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:51 pm

one word: Ultrablast
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:38 pm

I need to reconsider my tactics. Gordex, teach me.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:48 am

I understand yer being facetious, but I would be happy to show you a thing or 2 Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”