Spell Ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Wargo
Sojourner

Spell Ideas

Postby Wargo » Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:10 am

Whatever did happen to the whole spell combination thingy?

Anyway, here is a different twist I came up with after reading through some druid discussions.

An Illusionary Terrain spell. The spell itself doesn't do much except transforms the room [flag] into one of the several terrain types. Different terrain types would offer different benefits to other spells being cast.

Ex.
1. Cavern: Increase Earthquake damage and knock down possibility. Lower Hailstorm damage.
2. Forest: Increase Inferno damage and lengthen the "burning effect". Forest is a nature room type so druid spells all get their nature bonuses.
3. Plain: Increase Cyclone and Thunderblast damage and lower Earthquake effects.
4. Swamp: Increase Living Rot and Gas breath damage. Lower all nature spell effects.

These are just a few examples I came up with. I'm sure there can be more possibilities. This is of course just another attempt to increase the amount of interactive and strategic aspect of the game. Feel free to comment on it.

Yssilk
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:04 pm

Invoker spells do combine. Some of them include minute meteors and ice storms. I have checked around with some of the other invokers, but haven't gotten to testing myself...dunno if others have. Also, given feedback on some spells, don't wanna test them too often (Xaeth and I nearly killed ourselves in Jot a couple days ago with a miscommunication on thunderblasts).

Dunno about other classes, but I know the idea went in when feedback did or thereabouts for invokers, grab a couple friends and experiment?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:16 pm

Wargo, I think suffocate should increase in a swamp, not decrease Image

Cool ideas tho.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”