Grids & Rares

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Selias
Sojourner

Grids & Rares

Postby Selias » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:31 am

Just thinking about how cool the grid on Jot is, and I think that maybe there should be a type of grid around every large zone. Half the fun of going to jot is to see what rares loaded, so why not add that to other zones.

I know it would pump more eq into the game, but I would totally enjoy running through a grid of aggro sahaguins and rareloads to get to SG, as well as other zones.

I just love the jot grid and want to see the idea used more!

Selias
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:25 pm

Heh... belive it or not, zones are beginning to have this set up to some extent more and more, at least a area that could have rares before the main zone.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:00 pm

Yeah, Jot precipitated a revolution in area design here Image

There is so much to do there. A small group can do exp and find rares. A large group can do the same, and also do some high level exp areas.

The great thing about the grid is that its always different. Its not like your doing fight A, then fight B, then fight C, your done, start again or go home. Mobs are wandering all around you. Jot is like a snowflake.. the odds of seeing two identical jot mob distributions are nil.

I guess thats why I was so upset a few months back when they put the three trolls in astral. This would have basically cut jot in half. Thankfully, the gods removed one troll and made it so astral mobs would not wander into that room. A good compromise.

Anyway, demi plane and manscorps come to mind when thinking about grid that have rares. Scorps, however, isnt very good for your small exp group.. no sir. I agree with Selias that it would be great to see more zones implemented with a grid.

Corth
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:40 pm

Yup.. the grid idea before the main zone definately caught on. I think you'll see more new zones set up like that Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”