...........is lying here, mortally wounded.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Xolan
Sojourner

...........is lying here, mortally wounded.

Postby Xolan » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:29 pm

We should be able to drag a mortted player or mob.. that would be spicey!

Quack. xXx

------------------
To quack or not to quack...

That is the question.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:54 pm

Love that idea.. mort wounded player is essentially a corpse anyway. Would allow people who think quick to save their comrades.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:09 pm

Yeah, I've bandaged so many people only to watch them get offed the round the stand up.
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:12 am

Maybe not morted mobs though. Well, unless we want to trust that no devious peoples will mort an aggro mob and drag it somewhere unpleasant, like turning point or a fountain. Of course then who's to decide which places are ok to drag these big baddies to? Displacing baddies can/could be hazardous to someone's health.

------------------
Tog Vicious
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:34 am

Definitely not mobs, but it may be doable for players.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:08 am

You group-say 'Okay, everyone tog vic, we're gonna see if we can mort the dracolich and drag her to Wd.'

Sounds like fun to me.

Cal

------------------
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:31 am

And as usual, I'll be the spoilsport who completely obliterates this idea from ever happening.

A Huge Garden Path
Room size: Large (L:62 ft W:25 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -E -S -W
There is a portal here shimmering in a rainbow array of colors.
Corpse of Trewe is lying here.
A board with 'For Sale' messages on it hangs here.
Weylarii lays here, mortally wounded.

< 253h/253H 123v/123V >
<> look in portal
You peer into a rainbow colored portal and see...
The Elemental Plane of Fire
Room size: Huge (L:100 ft W:100 ft H:100 ft)
Exits: -N -E -S -W -U -D
There is a portal here shimmering in a rainbow array of colors.
You sense a lifeform here.

< 253h/253H 123v/123V >
<> drag weylarri enter portal;enter portal

You drag Weylarii's mortally wounded body into the portal.......

You tell Weylarii 'enjoy the CR you dopey tree humping idiot.'

- Ragorn
Player Killer!!
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:34 am

Uh, why did Weylarii consent you? The same could be done with player corpses. (I'm assuming this would also require consent)

------------------
Tog Vicious
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:55 am

Hrmm.. can you consent someone while mort'd? Probably not.. but I agree, some sort of consent would be necessary or else there is a risk of abuse..

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:00 am

Make it exclusive to group members and guildies?? Or consentable..

On another mud i was on ... you automatically had consent of people you were grouped with and guildies ... seemed to work ok ....

And the twinkiness wouldnt last when people found out who the twink offenders were....

------------------
Ambar -= Big Pimpin' =-
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:42 am

Well, you can't consent while morted, so if dragging morted players requires consent then it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

This really isn't much different from the time Nilan got dragged to the fire plane while bound up. Unfortunately, if it CAN happen, it eventually WILL happen. I'd hate to be the guy who lost his set because of this, even if I were the first.

- Ragorn
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:48 am

Pretty simple to apply the same restrictions on dragging a bound player and a morted player imo.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:38 pm

I'd like to see a feature where no matter who has your consent, your group leader automatically has a form of consent. That way you could consent a cleric for ress, but as long as you're grouped that group leader would still maintain your consent.
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:47 am

I know this is probably very difficult to code, but:

In my opinion, the people that you are adventuring with, would obviously be people with whom you trust your life. That being said (assumed), all people grouped together should have eachother's consent.

Anyone in the group would be able to drag/summon/shift etc. anyone else. It makes sense because you're supposed to be working as a team.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Zalkenai
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:14 pm

Well, you can't consent while morted, so if dragging morted players requires consent then it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

As far as not being able to consent while morted, just consent someone at the beginning of the fight, assign someone to drag morted peeps, or the coders can change it so you can consent someone while morted.

This really isn't much different from the time Nilan got dragged to the fire plane while bound up. Unfortunately, if it CAN happen, it eventually WILL happen. I'd hate to be the guy who lost his set because of this, even if I were the first.

#1: It's totally different. Nilan was dragged to FP through the Justice code that was designed for pseudo-PvP. I'm pretty sure he didn't consent anyone to tie him up and drag him to fire plane.

And gimme a break, how many times have you consented someone who could've easily looted/rented, or dragged your corpse to some unknown room waiting for rot, etc.. There is no more chance of abuse with this idea than there is with the current corpse drag/loot code.

There are about a hundred scenarios in the mud already where things COULD happen and they are either monitored or don't happen. IE: Multiplay, cheating people on trades, corpselooting, picking up fumbled weapons, etc..

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 06-07-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>Well, you can't consent while morted, so if dragging morted players requires consent then it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pointed out the trouble with dragging morted mobs a few months ago. Nokie posted this same idea and I said cool, someone will mort chlora and drag her to TP.

Now, in re: consent, the groupleader generally has your consent, or a summoner, so they could drag you out. If you are forgetful and didn't remember to consent then yer spooned, but it's the same way with summon, so nothing new.

------------------
Dartan group-says 'why do I own so hard'
You whisper 'why do you own so hard?' to Dartan.
Dartan tells you 'I ask myself that every day.'
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:07 am

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

- Grungar "I'm doing... LAUNDRY!" Forgefire
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:25 am

Bump ba ba bump!

------------------
"Incoming force missles have the right of way!"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grungar:
<B>SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

- Grungar "I'm doing... LAUNDRY!" Forgefire</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I really have no clue where that came from. I really shouldn't post when I haven't had enough sleep. I end up making even less sense than normal.

- Grungar "She's my swingset girl, she makes my heart sing..." Forgefire
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:32 am

Its all good, we all know you have a fetish for spoons. ittle silver one's with engraved handles. =P

------------------
"Incoming force missles have the right of way!"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.
Xolan
Sojourner

Postby Xolan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:49 pm

bump
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:14 pm

Ooo:!::!::!::!::!::!: THanks for the Idea Ragorn!!

Now I know how to pay Todrael back for all the life energy he keeps leeching from me! :D
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:44 pm

consenting someone at the begining of the fight is all good and well if they don't die or get para'd. Dragging a morted person to smoke to die would be pk, I'm sure Rag was just joking around. Hmmm next time I get consented for a ress I'll snag a random item hehehe naw you have to consent others all the time for various reasons so looting people doesn't happen that I know of, at least not with out permission. Basically make mort'd people draggable without consent and delete anyone who willfully abuses it, simple.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:38 pm

You should really always have your cleric consented before you start a fight. I like the idea that you cant consent a person if your mortally wounded, you should have to prepare for the worst beforehand.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:35 pm

Its funny, I've actually tried dragging morted people out of battle before. It just never seems to work. Make it work!

Yes, you should need consent.

No, you shouldn't be able to consent someone while you're lying on the ground bleeding to death.

Just another way for quick-thinking people to save the day (and some exp). I'm all for it.

-Om
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:37 am

I had/posted that Idea over a year ago. Nobody bothered replying. I'd suggest consent required tho :P
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:12 pm

>No, you shouldn't be able to consent someone while you're lying on the ground bleeding to death.

Yeah, that would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that consent is an artificial game construct. Does it make sense that you can get summoned by mobs w/o consent but not by your group mates? Or that the same mob can summon you but you can't summon them? The moral of the story is that consent doesn't make sense and can't for various gameplay reasons.

I think being able to drag morted players out of the fight w/o consent is a great idea. If some form of consent is warranted then perhaps group consent should be looked at more seriously. It sure would be nice to skip the "consent confusion" for things like summon.

What about dragging any player out of battle? Say the mob switches to a caster, bashes, and then warrior fails rescue...could someone drag the caster out? Kinda makes sense on some levels. Maybe not the best strategic move in every circumstance...just a thought.
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:48 am

*sigh* As I stated in my over one yr old string...It'd be treated as summon. You couldn't drag unless you had prior consent. Pretty straightforward. If you and your buddy are having a bar brawl, and he gets his ass kicked, you'd drag him out! I still think it should be a go!! *pout*

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”