tweaks for stuff that exists outside of game reality

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

tweaks for stuff that exists outside of game reality

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:46 am

tweak #1

ignore invis/hidden/dark/in the light for the following commands and use names not redshapes and someones. also, none of these should break meditation or hide. oh and if im not asking for too much already, add the ability to do it while asleep, spellcasting, and lagged.

consent (please please please)
tell
gsay
gproject
acc
group personX

only game impact i see is on the rogue who gsay/tell "am i hidden" to check (if you didnt know it shows up either someone group says or rogueX groupsays).

suggestion #2
the ability to consent multiple people would be nice. I'd also suggest the "consent me" command revokes consent from all people. For those that like knowing exactly whom they've consented they can just not consent more than one person at a time or stack a consent me before consenting another.

Most everything I suggest above exists out of in game "reality." Most of this is just makes organization and communication annoying. please consider it for change.

tweak #3
queue a spell for memorization or prayer while standing. why, so we can change spells while group is moving around.

EDIT: added few more cases to tweak #1

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 06-18-2002).]
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:33 am

acc Not breaking meditation would be nice too. No game reality logic behind it, just like Kiryan's suggestions.

------------------
Tog Vicious
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:49 am

awesome iz same idea, i edited while you were posting heh.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Izizimmez:
<B>acc Not breaking meditation would be nice too. No game reality logic behind it, just like Kiryan's suggestions.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know how you guys meditate, but when i do it, it is usualy harmful to my meditation if i even attempt to communicate. that is the reality logic, meditation requires 100% of your mental capacities.

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:16 pm

acc/tell/gsay exist outside of game reality. say, whisper, shout, ect... should still break meditate.

Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:59 pm

Oh my god, what is this world coming to?! I agree with kiryan!

*stabs self in the eyes*

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:28 pm

OOC doesn't break meditation. That's how I see it.

------------------
Tog Vicious
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:19 pm

this isnt about real life, this is about making things easier for kiryan and people like him. none of this exists in real life.

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:26 pm

I do agree that there are many communication methods that presume some sort of hyper-psychic abilities. No matter what plane one is on, they can communicate through many means.

If this will be considered, please also consider sleeping. OOC and ACC should still be effective then.

In the prior incarnation of Sojourn, association members were given badges. I remember wishing that the badges could confer a type of acc by nature of them being special badges. Now, we have acc and no badges, so no tangible reason to have this special ability.

Thanks, Kiryan, for some good suggestions.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:35 pm

About tweak #1... yes it's irritating to receive tells from red shapes, but if this were removed it would just be another step towards removing everything that is just there for gameplay purposes.... eating, titles needing a lvl 50 story, drinking, tedious moving around without fly eq.

It's really not that big a deal when you can't see someone, just ask someone else to send them a tell. My 2 cents anyway, I don't think everything that's a minor nuisance should be removed.

------------------
Gufry
Sojourner

Postby Gufry » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:31 pm

I definitely agree with being able to change spells around while standing. Posted on that a while back, would be cool!

Guf
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:48 pm

I know that gsays and tells are a different reality from says and shouts, but I'm still for them breaking meditation. If it's a group member in a zone, those gsays are still going to be used for strategizing, which will affect the in-game play, and therefore should affect the player. It can be annoying, yes, but not so annoying that it really needs to be changed.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:28 am

good point auril and i had forgotten to add that in too. I think you should be able to use those commands while sleeping too. not like folks sleep alot (at least not high level or twinked folks). also, id contend that its just as !fun as sitting in justice code jail is or running somewhere with !fly. also, id like tell to go through spellcasting and lag skills not be a "you are busy spellcasting" or queue up and go through 8 minutes later when thrym freeze fades.

i hear you cherzra and others, but id like communication to be a little easier on a group oriented mud and make the mud a little more chat/social friendly.

heres an example, i got a level 39 drow necro RL friend. she doesnt play much anymore and isnt high enough to zone with me. she basically comes on to chat with me. why does she need to roll a level 1 !ultra race just to talk to me? oh and one that can cast detect invis too for those times im invis. were even in the same association but 70% of the time i can't talk to her cause im invis or in daylight.

think about whether being able to tell to anyone regardless of invis/hide/daylight/dark affects the mud more in a hack/slash/power game sense or a chat/friends sense... i dont think its as much of a clear cut step towards power mud as you may think or make it out to be. also, when you done thinking about that consider alts in assocations... powergame or social/chat change?

and daz ill admit it, my primary motivation is to make things easier on myself in this case. i want consent changed cuz i really want to write consent tracking triggers and be able to auto group folks that just died. I dont like dragging a bunch of forkers and get the you dont have consent message forcing me to gsay things like you stupid gawd damn mother bitches consent me right now and dont f'n revoke x2. also, id rather not have to tell someone to tell to someone something, id rather just tell them first once.

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:43 am

on medievia, all high level players use the same client that i use now, mud-master. it is a dos-based terminal style client, with no gui interface. i know zmud has many of the same properties, so ignore the things i say that apply to both - i am aware, but not familiar.

one person who had a static ip in the group could use a command (gsay @IP) to show their IP to the rest of the group, we all connected to that IP, and it created an interface that existed seperate from the mud. you could spam to your heart's content, and still send tells to other group members with !lag.

i dont think the average players really worries too much about communication limitations, but if you are really concerned about it - you may want to establish a universal system that your groups/friends use a similar program.

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:47 am

That's true Daz. I forgot about that. My friends play Medievia and they use that system you're talking about.
I think they have something like that for zmud, a plugin or another program from zuggsoft, I can't remember. But it's basically a chat room seperate from the mud. Handy.

------------------
Tog Vicious
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Izizimmez:
<B>That's true Daz. I forgot about that. My friends play Medievia and they use that system you're talking about.
I think they have something like that for zmud, a plugin or another program from zuggsoft, I can't remember. But it's basically a chat room seperate from the mud. Handy.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Zmud does... i think it's called Z-Chat and comes with the registered version

------------------
Ambar -= Big Pimpin' =-

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”