Nature's Blessing

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Calinth
Sojourner

Nature\'s Blessing

Postby Calinth » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:03 am

Could nature's blessing get changed to override bless? It's rather irritating to get hit with a cleric's area bless and having to wait 12 minutes for it to drop before being able to recast nature's.

Cal

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:20 am

dispel magic!

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:58 am

Ah, bless! the bane of rangers! *laugh* I'm always yelling 'OMG area bless and die!' Best way to deal with this is make a trigger that recasts nature's blessing when it is out. it casts fast and usually u won't get lost when grouping. Dispel magic is a partial cure for the problem. only thing is, dispelling self kills _ALL_ spells. not a viable option when you're about to enter a big fight. So, if it could be made to over ride it, great. if not, I suggest other rangers just use the trigger idea =)

Lost

------------------
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:55 am

Actually, rethinking now, I guess dispel magic would be a perfect fix for it. See if the cleric casts area bless again without warning you after the enchanter and (possible)cleric bitch at him/her for making them have to put my vit, globe, haste, prots, and possibly dscales back up.

I'm loathe to use a trigger that will cast a spell, even if it is such a short casting time spell. The zones you really want nature's up all the time are the ones you don't want to get left behind at all.

Cal

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:04 pm

talk to the clerics in your group and work out group bless with them b4 your zone starts....

------------------
Ambar -= Big Pimpin' =-
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:13 pm

I group bless when it fades, or after a fight if it goes during one.
Usually I try to get it casted before the rangers can get natures blessing up just to piss them off and make them dispel.. cackle

Its your job to keep your own protective spell up. I got enough stuff to do in a group without having to keep reminding other people to cast their own spells Image
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:27 pm

Rylan is a meanie-head.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:17 pm

And people wonder why I make fun of Rylan so much . . . wait a minute, no they don't . . . they join in . . .

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:00 am

I just quit casting Divine. People would say 'Hey Divine us.'

'No, have you ranger bless you or something.'

I spent a zone getting bitched at because I would gsay that I was divining. With 3 rangers in group one would be afk, ooc babbling, etc. and miss it then get pissy they had to dispel. How about just making Divine not affect rangers at all. That would solve it. Or get rid of the spell that somehow rangers get from nature gods but druids don't. Or in Kiryan's words get rid of rangers. That would fix it.

FYI NWN>SJ3

------------------
emote Rescuepractice
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:40 am

rock on!

can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me. can't sleep the rangers will eat me.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”