Regen rooms...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Kifle
Sojourner

Regen rooms...

Postby Kifle » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:21 pm

I am under the impression that the trophy system was put in so that noobs would go out and explore while getting exp and what not...

well, i know of many places to go get exp, but none of them have the regen room like WD. BG has one but it is a ways out of town.

I suggest to put healing rooms like the WD beach in noob zones such as BGR, SSC, Split shield (not sure if it has one, havent been there since toril), etc...

just a though, we need fresh players here...

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:24 pm

I dont think regen rooms will increase the playerbase, I think you just wanna level yer n00b illusionist fastah!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:36 pm

I agree with Kifle on this one. Everytime I think of places to level, it just doesn't seem to compare with Waterdeep. The more I think about it- it's the regeneration room that's the root of this. Add regeneration rooms in other zones, please.

------------------
-Yayaril
Izizimmez
Sojourner

Postby Izizimmez » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:38 am

Split Shield has a regen room right outside it to the north. Trail rations pop there. I can't remember the name of the room.

------------------
Tog Vicious
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:00 am

I don't think thats actually a real regen room. not a good one. :P

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:30 pm

The campsite in SS is a regen room. I used it a lot during alpha.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:58 pm

aren't cards !class now and sucky xp?

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:25 pm

..which is related to regen rooms how? Image
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:47 pm

double posts are fun

[This message has been edited by Dezzex (edited 06-24-2002).]
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:46 pm

Regen rooms are great for XP.

Split shield used to be my favorite, because it has 2 fast heal rooms. But now, too many mobs assist, too many mobs pick up your weapon, and now, most of the mobs there are classless and are not worth the xp (yes, I know it was upgraded)

Waterdeep has 2 fast heal rooms, and is great for finding a group because of all of the people available. It's great if your align can take the hit.

Baldur's Gate has 1 fast heal room nearby, in the Undead Farms zone. The pop there isn't as fast, and again, this zone was SEVERLY hurt by the classless xp change. There are still plenty of mobs to kill until the high 20's/low 30's. The mobs in the sea tower are far from the regen room, and damn they hit hard.

Bloodstone has 2 fast heal rooms, and has a decent amount of classed mobs of all levels, but damn if it isn't hazardous to your health.

Icecrag has a fast heal room, and is dark at night in the gazebo, making for some great infra/ultra killing.

Hands down I still think that BGR/Heartlands is the best place for XP. Especially if people take advantage of infra/ultravision. Almost every mob there is classed, and there are over 200 unique mobs. My vote is put a fast heal room there! Image

If anyone wants to know where the fast heal rooms are, just fire me a tell in the game.

------------------
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:04 pm

Not sure I agree with the theory that the regen rooms are why WD is the main exp spot.

What the issue is, in my opinion, is travel time and group availability vs. exp gain. Also, you have to factor in the distance to the cr if you die.

Daz's post regarding Split shield shows the logic. Split Shield was the Main exp spot in soj 2 for goodies from level 5-18. People lived in the inn there. Now no one goes to SS becaus the walk is too far to justify the little exp.

Why would you travel to BG through the troll fields when the exp there isn't better than WD docks, bgr, ssc, monestary?

Hell, IC is good exp for level 20-30 but people still go to BGR and monestary because the exp is about the same and it is closer.

What I would propose is to make an area south of WD that has better exp than WD and is less risky to get to (easier).

Hell, make a exp zone in the CP desert that requires a group, has decent eq and has better exp than bgr, ssc, and monestary and I would bet people would be going there instead of those places.

Also, put a quest mob at the WD fountain that looks cool and have them give directions to the zone (doesnt have to be specific just general directions). Maybe have mobs along the way to help guide the players (all wear the same pin or something like tour guides).

And before I hear from anyone saying write the zone I am not a zone writer or I would.

Or, move the entrance to the ship to somewhere else. Make it so you have to travel to HP or CP to get on the ship.

This might get some movement going.

[This message has been edited by old depok (edited 07-11-2002).]

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”