Hulburg - (Zone comments here)

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Mielikki
Staff Member - Coder

Hulburg - (Zone comments here)

Postby Mielikki » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:42 pm

Post comments here.

Us area wankers like knowing what works and what doesn't and just the general feedback for those who have played in it.

-Mielikki Lady of the Forest, Mistress of the Woodlands
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:20 pm

Looks like a pretty cool zone so far, with interesting stories and a tremendous amount of detail... someone spent a lot of time writing all the mob social and quest files.

Some of the ansi when mobs talk to you can be hard to look at, since it changes so much. Also, should this be listed in the town/city section of credits? My only dissapointment is that due to the aggros and aggro-good stuff I can't walk around there and explore without a decent group.. and there are some cool goodies in a few shops that I want to get more of Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:24 pm

There is a glut of information. You could probably spend weeks on end reading every room description and detail that is relayed to you by the mobs there. Despite having so much to offer you information wise, I grew bored of it pretty fast. The road trip wore me out the most, walking through room after room after room of the huge expanse. It's the same with Dusk Road: lots and lots of space, spackled with a few talking mobs here and there. By the time I reached Huldar, I was sick and tired of talking to mob after mob about nothing in particular. I'm not as patient as I thought I was. Whoever built this zone spent a long long time working on it, and I commend them on completing such a huge task. Some of the talking mobs did make me chuckle with the things they said.

------------------
-Yayaril
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:04 am

the ansi is so awful, my eyes were sore after an hour or two. also, the item i found was way too hard to get (12 hp 25 mana neck). i could have gotten a 7 hp 30 mana neck by killing a lvl 30 mob in PI

------------------
You group-say 'Go-chan looks like a man'
Sinusosaxiy group-projects 'if she is a man call me gay'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:38 pm

you're just upset you couldn't solo that mob in 1 run Image
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
you're just upset you couldn't solo that mob in 1 run Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what mob? i only killed 2 mobs b/c they were aggro

------------------
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:56 pm

We, the duergar, does NOT like Hulburg.

It is to be erradicated, cleaned, and end as a hole in the ground.

/Disoputlip
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:32 am

level 50 mobs that track, proc blind, proc damage, proc major para and are plentful are not fun.

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:40 pm

*** POSSIBLE SPOILER INFO ***

After spending 20+ hours in Hulburg I just got fed up. The quest mobs I can't solve have obscure references to what they want. The legit way of entering the mountain is one of those obscure quests. You need to find "a key to his cell", 100 plat, and "some clothes that don't make me look like a soldier". I've killed every guard in the area except for the gate guards (why would they have cell keys) and they don't have keys. As for the clothes, uh.. any clothes other than a uniform makes you look like something other than a soldier. I could just save myself a heap load of trouble by teleporting into the mountain. Making the area !teleport would be a bad nerf b/c the zone has some pretty dangerous areas. That's just my main complaint. There's also the bad ansi and the other obscure quest items.

Hulburg isn't all bad. I did enjoy the storyline but that's about it.

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:51 pm

heh seriously, there are hundreds of items that could satisfy that mob's request for clothes that dont make it look like a soldier. Thats a super-vague hint.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:53 pm

Hmm, could this be what he's looking for?

worn on body some sandwich boards saying "I am not a soldier"

c 'locate o' sandwich Image

- Grungar "Nothing useful here" Forgefire

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”