i have an idea!!! Think before you open your fat ass mouth

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

i have an idea!!! Think before you open your fat ass mouth

Postby Baikalisan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:23 am

Alright heres the problem...

I logged into the game tonight to find one of my best friends in tears. Why you ask? Well im going to tell you....

They were doing a zone, muspel, ppl got spanked, they were cr group.. Aparently have been there for quite a while...

there is one naked ghealer and one cleric for healers, thats it... first big fight..bout 10 mobs 5 or so are casters cleric being smart keeps the essential ppl alive.. tanks enchanter etc, squid and few others die... upon reentering the game the squid (mind you only the squid) begins spamming the cleric with tells about how he didnt nget a vit and it was her fault he died.....

cut some out for length...

next big fight, squid spams cleric for fheals, cleric fheals him.. cleric tells squid something to the affect there is only one of her and to be patient... squid tells cleric that she doesnt grp/vit/heal him on purpose and that he has been watching her adn she doesnt do her job....

now by this time had it been me the group would have been at a standstill and me and the squid would have been havin it out right there in front of god and everybody, but its nto me, and the cleric holds her tongue so that the cr group can keep going and get done...

edit for length....

lizard in room, squid dies again, so does cleric among others

squid tells cleric how much she sucks and how bad of a cleric she is, she tells squid she died too and squid tells cleric 'good, she deserved it' and proceeds to tell cleric how she needs to set herself up as a bot with triggers so that she can heal him when he sends her a tell, of course cleric refuses .. duh

Cleric goes on to tell squid that there is one of her and 14 of them, she heals the tanks and what is necessary to keep the group, if not all most of, intact. The squid continues to spam the cleric with tells about how useless she is.. Then the squid throws a tissy fit and logs off when the leader tells the group to cut the shit so they get stuff done...

im posting this cuz i want you all to remember that there are people sitting behind those monitors out there playing this game... They have feelings.. and well you tell them they are useless peices of shit, ESPECIALLY when they are doing their best in a bad situation that chances are they are going to become upset .. i'll save the 'this is a game and you should be able to cut off all feelings' speech because it simply doesnt apply to 98% of the mudders who play here.

so the next time b4 you open your fat ass mouth to tell somebody how much of a shit bag they are and how bad they are doing their job, remember they are a person.. look at the situation and see if they doing a bad job or its just a bad situation... 9.9 chances outta 10 its just a bad situation and you have no right to say anything..

to the cleric, you did right by letting it go and nod holding up the group... You did your job and you did it well (cuz i asked what happened from other pplz)

btw this is all what i was told from several ppl in the group... nothing is quoted and therefore i named no names...

to the squid... you messed up this time buddy, sometimes things are just 2 harsh to take back... Image

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth

Ellana tells you 'i WISH he was the energizer bunny. all i'd need to do is take out the batteries and duckpond him'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:47 am

Was I the squid or the cleric in this one? Or maybe the lizard?

I dunno. These anonymous "you know what you did" letters always confuse me.

------------------
- Ragorn
You group-say 'What's up, bro?'
Touk group-says 'Accounting homework and skill practice.'
You group-say 'Ewww... which is worse?'
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:51 am

i posted it like that cuz it was hearsay from other ppl and i dont know what was said or not said for certain.. the point of my post i should clarify now was to make you take a minute to think b4 you holler at somebody.. look at the situation and what was going on at the time and then make your assessment... and explain your concerns instead of bellyaching and spamming tells...

there are ppl behind the screens... treat them as such

------------------

Ellana tells you 'i WISH he was the energizer bunny. all i'd need to do is take out the batteries and duckpond him'
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:36 am

See how you evils are? Image A nice elf wouldn't do that! *nod me*

P.S. Oh, and to the Anon Squid: Butthole!

------------------
When a mob comes along, you must kill it! Kill it good!
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:46 am

Hmm well I had to leave this Musp group for a family dinner. We had finished the zone and had a couple silly stupid deaths on lookout guards that never should have happened and sure enough it crashed....I had to leave and I felt terrible about it....Now that I hear about this, it makes me very, very upset. If this is how things really played out, well all I gotta say is what goes around comes around. Ellana is one of the nicest people I've met on this mud and one of the best clerics as well. I take this as a personal attack against me and I won't tolerate it.

Nuff Said,
Turg

Kifle tells you 'rescue me! Image'

------------------
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:06 am

One word comes to mind..

asshole
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:41 am

Ummmmm... did anybody read the post on the announcements board about the cessation of flaming? Baik had her problem and spoke her piece... couldn't the rest of this be taken into the game?
Sargax
Sojourner

Postby Sargax » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:18 am

Okay. Please let this thread stop at my post before it gets out of hand because as I've told many people, I don't want conflicts to happen among us. I log onto the game to spend time and chat with my friends and I don't want to see people taking sides or being mad.
What Baik said has been exaggerated a bit but I was extremely upset tonight and Baikalisan is one of my best friends and I was rambling and crying to her and Baik loves me lots. I love ya Baik!
Recently, I've been finding it hard playing my cleric. I try my best, I delegate duties when I'm the only Fhealer and I don't afk without telling the leader (You tell Turg 'I have to pee badly!!!!') but sometimes bad things happen and when it does, I do what I think will keep the group alive. When I zone, I try to keep low hps people and warriors vitted. I always welcome tells from people who needs vits or what nots cause I want them to stay alive but sometimes I miss stuff due to the amount of spam I get as a cleric. I just hope people will have the patience to understand. However in big or drawn out fights, I have a priority list for heals, with tanks and enchanters at the top and hope that the shammies get the rest with gheals. If I have time or heals to spare, I heal whoever I can but sometimes it's just not possible to get everyone. As the only cleric in the group sometime, I am only able to cast one heal spell at a time even when multiple people are dying. I am not a super cleric especially when tailswiped or wingbuffeted. I will NEVER intentionally not heal/vit/grp a person. First of all, that is not within my nature to do so and secondly, I always do my job to the best of my capabilities because otherwise the team won't be able to function as a unit.
That said, I still sometimes get tells from upset people and I am usually very calm about it because as I've said, I don't like conflict and a group is only successful if it works as a team. I know everyone hates dying. It's lost exp which means lost time that you have invested into your character. Tonight words were exchanged that I wish wasn't. I have no hard feelings and I hope we can put this behind us and work together to create an atmosphere of unity and cooperation where people are able to zone and actually enjoy themselves.
I also hope people will be more understanding that behind every character is a real person with real feelings. Sometimes it's hard especially when you're hours into a CR but just sit back, take a deep breath and remember that we're all here just to play a game.
Please just let this thread drop now and just enjoy the game. Thanks.

Ellana
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:36 pm

Shes so much nicer than me.

Love you 2 El, PLONK!

;p

------------------

gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:37 am

I just have to say this. If someone is pissing you off, then gag that person in your front-end program (i.e. zmud, tintin), or ignore them (ignore is a command IN THE MUD!). Image

------------------

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
gruldo
Sojourner

Postby gruldo » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:57 am

can't let it drop...

i was in that group, i died more than anyone else did, and i think you did a kick ass job considering how much healage we were lacking! you kept an all out hardcore spank from happening. People die in big zones and it wasn't your fault. Like i said that night: 15 people 6 full heals do the math.. You are a damn good player, and an extremely nice person, and the person that was yelling at you was being a pud.. Gruld luvs ya regardless, and damn whoever was giving you crap that night. Buck up Image

------------------
Grul-Diggity!
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:13 pm

HI!
You know I have to totally agree with almost everyone who posted to this thread. Beings I play a cleric also I can understand the burden we can feel when players are dying alot in a zone and we may question whether or not we "did our best". I know Ellana is a good cleric. I know that the other person in question can be a pompus, whining, asshole. I realize some of us speak in anger at times and may not say things we really mean but that's no excuse. A real man would of calmed down and apologized for the harsh words. Even though apologies don't always make things better. When some one is in your same guild you are suppose to back each other up and cover each other not spam tells flaming the cleric. Anyway......... he can just jump in that duckpond. I refuse to pamper a grown man who knows better. I don't care how bad a day I'm having in real life or this game. You don't take it out on the other players that come here to relax.
All clerics unite and don't full heal the offensive butheads that accuse us of their demise!!!!!!!!
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!
Just Kidding.

Noliez - Usulii - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf)
[This message has been edited by Kybrell (edited 10-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Kybrell (edited 10-13-2002).]
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:35 am

Clerics job is to heal THE TANK. DUR. Ghealer heals the gay squids ok? GHEALER ok?
If cleric can heal others cleric will heal others.

Having 1 fhealer and 1 ghealer in musel is half assing it, expect to be CRUSHED. You need more then 1 ghealer trust me, and 2 fhealers is much better then 1!

Also if the so called cleric is ellana, I would trust her decisions she has been taught by sisisisiivivivi aka ssissiv/dezzex and he knows wtf he is teaching her! roar! Cause he been playing all wipe, and I don't know if longer ho ho ho.

I have said my peace, good luck all,

Rokub

btw, BRING IT HOES! MUAHAHAHAHAHH

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”