Inn Silence

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Inn Silence

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:58 am

Could all inn rooms please be made !magic and peace? Then it would still be impossible to use alts to buff yourself, and annoying inn silence could be removed.

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:22 pm

that goes back a long time hun ... doubt it will be changed ... used to be non silence .. and there used to be donation wells in inns too

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:59 am

I remember donation wells. Maybe they could re-instate those, so IF people don't want to horde eq, they could put it in the well and not have it wiped when the mud crashed/rebooted.

Maybe even have the wells so that ppl over like lvl 20 couldn't get into them. Just a thought tho.

------------------
Musi "your happy little resser"
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:15 pm

The problem with the donation wells is that people would run up there (used to be 1n of the inn if I remember correctly) and either cache or sell everything of value. If that were to go back in, I'd vote for 2 types of wells: a global goodie and global evil shop at 200-500% markup.

As for the silence of the inns, that will probably never go away, it's too easy to multi when spells can be cast (warrior out, fight, run to inn, log cleric, heal... wash, rinse, repeat) / bards can sing / whatever in inns.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:42 pm

Thus why he said to make them !magic.

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth

Ellana tells you 'i WISH he was the energizer bunny. all i'd need to do is take out the batteries and duckpond him'
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:36 pm

Whenever an item is added to donation well, add the NOSELL flag to it. Wouldn't stop hoarding, but, would stop selling to shops.

Eilorn.

------------------
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:47 am

I'm against the impersonality of donation wells. Not that it has anything to do with Xis's request Image

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'
delmair
Sojourner

Postby delmair » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:51 am

my $.02

I believe i saw somethin similar to the whole well idea on a diff thread. But the well USED to be 1e of the inn, and for the
mostpart wasn't abused from what i saw. Now, adding the NOSELL flag would NOT prevent twinking, as the higher level greedy type ppl would get wise and roll noob chars just to troll the well... Why go and 2nd round bid on the lower stuff when u can just fish the well for it?

My solution is this:

Change yer attitude! give things that u don't need away! especially if they are low to mid level gear. I have found myself giving oodles of things to people i know, and even to some i don't know just because they need it and i don't. Of course, this theory only works for those that find themselves constantly coming into new items to replace the old, possibly only those that go to zones regularly. But, as time goes on and people are given eq, things will spill down to lower levels much like a waterfall. =). I for one, carry very little more than what i need for each character, and spend most of my time helpin guildies get what they want, and giving away what i DO win to mid/low level chars for kicks.

It is my opinion, and the opinion of many others, that sojourn has gotten a reputation as a bunch of snobs, twinks, and eq hoarders. I for one would like to see this misconception obliterated by utter kindness. Now, i'm not saying give the "uber sword of mob slaying" to some 3rd level warrior, make your gift appropriate so it won't completely overpower them and make the game too easy to be fun, but DO give to those in need!

And on a final note, for those that MUST sell items, don't try to rape the people that are unfortunate enough to miss out on most of the zone groups by charging an arm and a leg for what wares you DO sell. Make the prices appropriate for effort involved. Examples of this would include SG crown selling for 10k? hello? you know how long it takes someone to make that kind of cash if they don't really know how? LONG TIME.
*steps off his soap box and retreats to reading the rest of the board*

------------------
Delmair Aamoren

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”