Idea for making the mud easier for new people

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
old depok
Sojourner

Idea for making the mud easier for new people

Postby old depok » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:33 pm

This is not my idea but I think it is a good one and want to see if anyone can think of reasons why it isn't.

Give group members the same experience as they would get if they solo'd a mob when they are in a group. Maybe make it by number in the group.

Most of the high level players are also leveling alts. We do it solo or with a friend who can help us get there faster (I am not now nor have I ever been a pleveler). I know I for one would group with lower level players just starting out if the rewards were the same. As it is I have little time to sit with a group of 3-5 people killing things in ssc to get 2% per kill.

I think that making things a little easier on newer people while making them group more will help bring more and more players into our community.

Feedback?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:41 pm

You could just get a level 50 character to come kill things for you, and they wouldnt even have to flee because you would be getting the same exp regardless. I know what your getting at, but there's too much twinkability there. Maybe within a 5 level range, or up to a certain level like say 25 or 30, you could get full exp even when grouped, but to just give full exp for each group member would be way too easy to abuse. I do think casters level 1-16 or so need it a little easier, because they have very little means of killing things. At the same time, i personally think that the last 5 or 10 levels of exp comes way too easy. It used to be a real project to get level 50, now its just a few days on the ship after you hit 45. I dunno, i like the idea of easier exp for newbies, but i dont think this particular application would be the right way to go about it.

this has been the slowest work day of my life.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”