i think there should be a

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
amolol
Sojourner

i think there should be a

Postby amolol » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:26 pm

i think there should be a quest help channel that one can tog on and off so that they can get help with quests...like what zone is an item located in where is the zone ect...should not be alowed to discuss trading quest items for anything or selling them or just outright telling somone where to get the item...more like just a hint or 2...its prolly really dificult to do and a stupid idea but i have alot of problems questin..im kinda slow so it takes me a while to figure it out..and most times there is noone on that knows the quest..i recently started the dscale gaunts quest and noone knows a whole lot about it...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:52 pm

A 1-900-hot-tips line?

The thing is, they're supposed to be puzzles. There's equipment in the game that's close to compatible if you don't want to do the work of the quest, so you don't HAVE to quest if you don't want to. I know a lot of people say there's not, but when it comes to dscales, I'd MUCH rather have the DM of elegant gaunts than that extra 1 dam vs. the hit, if I just didn't need the strength. Odds are when I find another str piece I want to wear (switched body armor, which is where my other str piece was) I'll switch back to the elegants.

Keep asking around, I'd say that's one quest that's actually known by the majority of the people in the game. Nine times out of ten I'm happy to share quest information on common quests, dscale gaunts being one of them, so you can always ask me if you're stuck or need help with something.

I'm actually pretty sad that the questing game has come to this point. I always looked at quests as a lot harder to accomplish than just zoning, and if you could do them mostly on your own you were really accomplishing a lot within the game. Quite a few of them really stretch your knowledge and abilities, especially if you do them from step one all the way through to the end without getting walk-throughs.

Once I actually started dscales it seemed pretty much cut and dried, with one spot that I had to get help with one of the riddles because I probably never would have thought of the answer on my own.

If you ask me, however, don't expect a straight answer unless you specifically request it. Figuring out a quest on my own is so much more satisfying than having somebody tell me all about it, and I hate it when I ask somebody for a hint and they give me a step-by-step, so I usually just offer a hint or a clue to jog a memory or stir the imagination.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”