I want more damage

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
sarjek
Sojourner

I want more damage

Postby sarjek » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:48 pm

Yes, i know invokers are already a damage juggernaut but i want to do more! NOW!!!. Can we have +max spell damage eq some how?? +1 minute meteor/force missile. +specialize, +spellcast, +average damage, perm song of sorc?? Any way you code it and i can do more damage, ill take it Image)))))) Please???

sarj

[This message has been edited by sarjek (edited 01-07-2003).]
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:23 pm

Um, no?

Any more damage messes up other damage classes who have defense to make up for their less damage.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:41 pm

only if rangers and rogues (so that i cant be flamed for being discrimenent) (sp) can get melee damage that is par with casters
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:38 pm

Why would a ranger or rogue want melee damage on par with casters? Casters suck at melee!

------------------
-Yayaril
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:47 pm

amolol is still discriminating! He forgot about dire raiders Image
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Why would a ranger or rogue want melee damage on par with casters? Casters suck at melee!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zing!

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:02 pm

i ment melee damage par with caster damage (from spells)

and im not descriminating selias dire raiders are nothing but rangers who havent discovered the awsome power of 1w yet

[This message has been edited by amolol (edited 01-08-2003).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:47 pm

I want invokers to have less damage. Heck, I'd even be fine with that if melee were toned down, as well.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
I want invokers to have less damage. Heck, I'd even be fine with that if melee were toned down, as well.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want rogues to have to do quests for all their major class skills as well.

Invokers do not need more damage.

-LL/Sesexe
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llaaldara:
<B> I want rogues to have to do quests for all their major class skills as well.
-LL/Sesexe</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, sounds good to me!
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llaaldara:
<B> I want rogues to have to do quests for all their major class skills as well.

Invokers do not need more damage.

-LL/Sesexe</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as all casters damage is based on the gear that they're wearing then sure!

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:56 am

I think ALL invoker spells (hell, all the caster class spells actually) should be quest, based on circle and value, except for first circle spells perhaps. For instance, you should have to find some potion in your home town for your guild master before he/she teaches you simple spells like chill touch (mebee you need to find some ice). Higher the spell, harder the quest. Quest spells as they are now should be doubled in difficulty, except for ress which is probably hard enough as it is.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grorrakk:
I think ALL invoker spells (hell, all the caster class spells actually) should be quest, based on circle and value, except for first circle spells perhaps. For instance, you should have to find some potion in your home town for your guild master before he/she teaches you simple spells like chill touch (mebee you need to find some ice). Higher the spell, harder the quest. Quest spells as they are now should be doubled in difficulty, except for ress which is probably hard enough as it is.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

make everything a quest ya, bash if you dont have your gm teach you you cant do it.. quest everything 1h slashing too

spell quests are anoying at best, most complain about doing them

the only good quest is a voluntary one

why not make it quests to level instead of skills...

you cant get to second lvl until you do something for your gm etc.. same line of thought

------------------
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:41 am

I think we should delete all the classes except Warrior, then copy it 15x and restring all the skills. Bash could be restrung to trip and fell frost. Kick could be restrung to force missiles. You get the idea. Could restring hitall to meteorswarm.

And then make all the skills quest.

------------------
- Ragorn
Rondandal tells you 'I take it your goal is to clash?'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:45 am

I knew from the title that reading this thread would be a mistake, if only for all the replies it would bring.

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”