elemental embodiment

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Pheten
Sojourner

elemental embodiment

Postby Pheten » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:41 am

Dyrax completes his spell...
Dyrax utters the words, 'elemental water embodiment'
Your body begins to flow and liquify as you are transformed into a water elemental!

How bout we change it to this for people who have a mount following them.

Dyrax completes his spell...
Dyrax utters the words, 'elemental water embodiment'
Your body begins to flow and liquify as you are transformed into a water elemental!
As the magic takes effect, the body of your mount shifts and becomes liquid allowing you to ride once again.

repeat for each elemental emodiment spell.

Can always wish can't we?=p
-tdr

------------------
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:40 am

Makes sense to me. How can you not ride a horse, yet bash and wear clothing, etc? Odd.
Maybe we're freaking our mounts out! heh Silly anti-paladin! Your charger, muttering something about you turning soft on him, quickly tosses you off his back as you begin to liquify!
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:53 pm

Now i've never played an anti-paladin or a paladin for that matter...so from an class unexperienced point of view (perhaps the horses)

(gee, my master has become a walking talking smoldering ball of elemental fire....perhaps letting this bbq grill on 2 feet to sit on my back would be a BAD idea...)

hehe sorry! just the whole idea of this thread brought that sight to mind...sounds like the premise for a Yaya cartoon.

I know the point of the thread would be to make the mount elemental also so that this wouldn't be a problem...but where's the comedy value in that!

I think you should stick to some of the former posts about allowing more powerful mount quests to obtain things like wyvern or griffon mounts. IMO of course.
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:56 pm

I think this relates to the topic of mounts getting whatever spells are cast on the rider...from dscales to embody.

-Aed
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:59 pm

Ooooooh, now there's an idea. Make a quest for paladins much like the magic carpet quest, but with harder paladin type items that you have to give up. What they'd get is a djinn bottle with a cork, pull the cork and voila, a trapped elemental mount which could be mounted by the paladin in that elemental form or in their natural form, but not in an opposing elemental form, with better hps and their own resistances.

Would make a heck of a lot more sense considering a certain paladin weapon which has to be used mounted against certain mobs which take out mounts in about one round.
kaitos
Sojourner

Postby kaitos » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:28 pm

I think part of the idea behind embodiment was to help balance the warrior vs paladin tanking 2h damage issue.

Also since elems can only keep 1 emodiment up at a time, so it doesn't really make sense that they could emodi a pet as well as its owner.
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:08 pm

How about giving elementalist additional spell.

1. Conjure Elemental Steed
Fire steed 10th circle
Earth steed 9th circle
Air steed 8th circle
Water steed 7th circle

it brings out elemental steed of one type that follows the target player not the elementalist. and allows elementalist to embod the rider with same type of element.

ex: c 'conjure elemental steed' fire pheten

Fire elemental steed arrives in puff of smoke and follows Pheten.

The pet will belong to Pheten and it has the property of its element just like elemental pets. And he can do wutever he wants with it that's right whatever you want Pheten Image

It should allows elementalist to embod Pheten with same property embod.

So if Pheten had Water Elemental Steed, he can be water emdobed.etc.
delmair
Sojourner

Postby delmair » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:31 am

how about just making things like air elemental or water elemental embodiment work for classes that mount? i can understand a mount not wanting a ton of earth on its back, or a flaming ball of fire on its back... those could cause damage. An air elemental or water elemental however, probbably would not. Just my .02

------------------
Delmair Aamoren
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:24 pm

Ouch! Imagine it now: Your fire embodied as well as the mount. OUCH! Your fire embod has just worn out! Your crotch starts to burn and itch! (We'll call it the Monica)
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:04 am

Revive Mount
Spellcast Healing
Paladin circle 10, Anti Paladin circle 10, Dire Raider circle 10
When the holy/unholy warrior's mount has died in glorious combat the anti/pally can call upon his god to return his mount to him. If it fails the mount cannot be brought back to life. If the spell is successful the mount is returned to the warrior to serve him/her once more.

[This message has been edited by Abbayarra (edited 01-11-2003).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:50 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Would make a heck of a lot more sense considering a certain paladin weapon which has to be used mounted against certain mobs which take out mounts in about one round.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that weapon, and it's pretty sweet.

On the topic at hand... I heard a rumor that a questable pali mount that wouldn't die left and right was being considered. The trick being, you'd have to quest it each time.

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:10 pm

Mounts are overpowered anyway:P

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”