Casting assist

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Casting assist

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:24 pm

New command: acast

Syntax: acast 'spell name' person

This command will make it so when you cast a single target spell, the spell will hit whatever target the person is attacking. This will stop the foolishness of casting a spell on a target- having another target of the same name wander in and you twist around and fling your spell at that person instead. Can you imagine that? Doesn't it sound ridiculous?

I know someone will pipe up and say 'Why don't you just assist the player first?'. Well, because assisting lags you for a round. Then if you want to be mobile, you have to disengage, which lags you for a round. While you are assisting that person, you can be riposted- or if you assist the person against a dragon, it might cause a roar. If the mob switches to you while you are assisting, you can't just walk out quickly to evade the attacks. Okay- ready for flames!

------------------
-Yayaril
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:52 pm

I'd love to see this.
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
I'd love to see this.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too yaya!!!

Though, the assist/disengage bit is wonky, you can just retreat *dir*

But Would love to see this imp'd.

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Aedwyn tells you 'Ill do you if you give me plat so I can gamble :)'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:20 pm

NOTE: same i dea was just posted about 4-5 threads down...sorry somone beat you to the punch

------------------
Xolan OOC: 'I am adicted to Amolol. so i guess i'm an Amoloholic

Ythera OOC: 'Someone put a Sok in Aleilal?'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amolol:
<B>NOTE: same i dea was just posted about 4-5 threads down...sorry somone beat you to the punch
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but who listens to Pheten, anyhow?

------------------
-Yayaril
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:48 am

It would probably be easier and more senseable to just do away with assist lag. As it is now it only allows you one melee attack when you first assist, hasted or not. Isn't this enough of a penalty that you would not have to be lagged? I do nothing but target by mob name directly when I cast with my invoker. It has become an instant reaction for me with aliases and tab completions etc.

I see no need for there to be a command such as you speak of. It would only eliminate part of the thinking process that goes into who you are casting your spell at. Even if there was no lag for assisting I would still not ever use the assist command as it would just be one more thing to type.

The only issue I have with targeting is when another mob fitting the same key word walks into the room that may not be the aggressive type. Either way in this situation it was not the mob you originally targeted, therefore making this a bug. One that has got me into trouble quite a few times in the past.

[This message has been edited by Jaznolg (edited 01-14-2003).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:07 pm

That's my goal when I posted this Jaznolg- to stop the annoying switching of targets midcast of a nuke when something enters the room with similar keywords.

------------------
-Yayaril
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:15 pm

and why I posted this:
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001044.html

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”