Song of harming

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Song of harming

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:27 pm

any chance it could have a 2ndary effect of blinding the area? I don't think it would be too powerful. Elementalists get this spell at 5th circle, but have alot more usefulness. Bards however can only do one thing at a time and when they want to do something else they have to wait 9 seconds and "warm up".

Also, the blindness will only last until next verse and will prevent any enchantment blinds from landing which balances out the benefit.
------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 01-16-2003).]
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:09 am

I agree, I was just thinking about that as well. Just a thought, what about another (or 2) random 2ndary effects, like poison etc?
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:52 pm

or at least change the name to what the song really is

song of magic missile
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:04 pm

I just think its a little bit wussy for the high level song it is. I sing it on the mobs east of TP and it only takes them to few/nasty wounds. No way would this song ever be sung over something like offensive harm/defensive harm/sorcery etc. If it had some 2ndary effects to go along with it, then it might be viable. Especially if those effects had more of a chance to land or something with another bard accompanying, etc.

Again, thats just my opinion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allycis:
<B>or at least change the name to what the song really is

song of magic missile</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

magic missile can actually kill things though

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:05 pm

tug iyachtu

------------------
Vlorm tells you 'you da man!'
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silverast Rubicyn:
I sing it on the mobs east of TP and it only takes them to few/nasty wounds.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I kill such mobs with a single verse, almost always. I estimate it does a little more damage per verse than song of healing heals, given identical song and instrument skills.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No way would this song ever be sung over something like offensive harm/defensive harm/sorcery etc.</font>

I agree, it's not the first choice if we're really zoning. (It's fine for xp, or in the early parts of many zones.)

Is this an issue? We have more than three songs that already are a big help to the group (add healing to your list, above), and we can only sing one at a time, do we need another?

I see songs like spells: Every caster class has a couple spells they use all the time, and a lot of spells they almost never use. I don't see that as changing, for casters or for bards.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”