pack animals

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
sarjek
Sojourner

pack animals

Postby sarjek » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:05 pm

Currently i feel that horses and pets in general are not suited for being pack animals. This is probably the case anyhow as their intent is for fighting or for saving movement. As it stands you can still give your warehorse items and have it carry it for you and then you can tell it to give it back, but if the mud crashed, it would be all gone. Could things be coded that pets are more linked to a player? With the ability to return with items in its inventory as well as increased strength or movement for carrying those items?

I know most players have no use for that now, but when i was a newbie long ago i used to always wish i could carry junk on the ground to sell it back to the shops for a measily 10 s. Im sure newer players have the same ideas today.

-sar
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:14 pm

Perhaps the way the storage code works could be modified for this purpose... i.e. it stores it on the mount which loads back to the stable on crash.

Of course, you would have to modify the stable code to replace the animal or to accomidate more.

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:29 am

eww i so disagree

keep pets as is ... why do pet summoners get extra storage .. that just sounds odd ...

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:23 am

Bring a dwarf or duergar with you and make them carry all the money and items, it's what they're good for.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”