zone popping

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
sarjek
Sojourner

zone popping

Postby sarjek » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:40 pm

From my view, zones are done as quickly as possible immediately after a reboot. After a few hours have passed, then people will bring out their characters that they want to xp with. During the xp lull, the pbase goes down dramatically, and many people complain of boredom. What im suggesting, and also inquiring if its been suggested before, is that instead of rebooting every 44 hours, if zones could pop eq after a certain ammount of random time?

This would alleviate the need for rebooting every x hours and may provide a reason for people to play their mains or even play more in the middle of long boots.

recap: zones pop all eq at random times if the mud has been into a long boot.

-sar
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:08 am

idea: do the new zones. TTF, avernus, hulburg, astral, gith, air plane, oakvale are all zones that aren't done right after boot and aren't done till very late into boot.

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Vlorm tells you 'you da man!'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:18 am

This topic has been discussed and debated many times both ingame and in BBS's such as this.

The staff are certainly aware of many players' concerns, and strive to keep the game as balanced as possible, as fun as possible, and as interesting as possible, whilst still maintaining the FR and fantasy theme.

Your ideas have merit, and many of us have pondered the same things as we have grown in the game.

There are lots of factors to do with when and where the games eq loads, it's a complicated issue.

Rest assured, this era of Sojourn contains so many new features, and newer zones that there should be ample for many players to do even during relatively boot times, generally.

I beleive there are at least a few more potential new zones in the pipeline too - it's great to see new input and zone creation!

On with the hunt..

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
"If it bleeds, we can killit."
Kossuth OOC: 'haha, the combination unibrow/combover... i hear gargauth has that'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:33 am

Time elapsed since boot-up: 44:27:44

We just finished Jot.

Yer point is moot.

Go lead something.

This is the 4th time this week I've done a supposedly "done at boot" zone at over 30 hours.

Twinshadow

------------------
Kribble tells you 'everytime I've seen you die it was doing something cool or trying to save someone's ass... die away!'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:51 pm

And if all those zones are done, the Halruuan airship never runs out!

------------------
-Yayaril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:58 pm

We did monastery last night before the other group headed to Jot, then after that we did CC.

Two groups zoning at 40+ hours!
sarjek
Sojourner

Postby sarjek » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:53 pm

Im sure that zones can be done late into boot! But my point that i guess i kept hidden to myself was that if we could sustain longer boots with only a fraction of zones in place via random popping, this would limit the ammount of eq in the game. Perhaps increasing the value of eq so that you wont find something like a gleaming falchion in the shop.

At the same time it would also keep the possibility of zoning live.

[This message has been edited by sarjek (edited 01-23-2003).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sarjek:
<B>Im sure that zones can be done late into boot! But my point that i guess i kept hidden to myself was that if we could sustain longer boots with only a fraction of zones in place via random popping, this would limit the ammount of eq in the game. Perhaps increasing the value of eq so that you wont find something like a gleaming falchion in the shop.

At the same time it would also keep the possibility of zoning live.

[This message has been edited by sarjek (edited 01-23-2003).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

a gleaming falchion is a non-magical weapon that's isn't even that powerful. there is also a high possibility of zoning. as i've said b4, goodies haven't done full hulburg or TTF. BC is never done, Avernus is rarely done. there's a bunch of evilrace only zones so make an evil and go do those too Image

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Vlorm tells you 'you da man!'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”