Bury command

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Myre
Sojourner

Bury command

Postby Myre » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:55 pm

Could the staff please look into adding a 'bury' command.

That effectively is useable only on your OWN corpses (or perhaps mob corpses, though i dont see the point). This would allow players to bury corpses that fail res, that have been preserved until the dawn of time.

Perhaps put a certain 'delay' with the command similar (but not nearly as long as) 'camp'. Perhaps a couple 'game' hours to stick your own carcass in the dirt?

Please consider this!

Thanks!

Myre

(enchanter whipping boy of many a failed res)
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:21 pm

I have never understood why failed res corpses just don't rot after like 2 hours or whatever, they aren't good for anything. Sometimes you'd have them revived in certain circumstances but they could still be pressed.

------------------
No matter how hard you try, you still can't throw a potatoe chip very far.
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:37 pm

There needs to be some way to get rid of unwanted corpses. They don't seem to rot ever. The mud does become quite spammy with corpses just strewn about. Either have a command where PC's can bury or 'get rid' or their own corpses, or empty corpses will just rot in a timely manner. Actually both will be good, because if a corpse is pressed, then it wouldn't rot anyways, so the PC could just get rid of it, or if you died and looted your own corpse and wasn't looking for a ress, you could just leave it there to melt away.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Deltin:
<B>I have never understood why failed res corpses just don't rot after like 2 hours or whatever, they aren't good for anything. Sometimes you'd have them revived in certain circumstances but they could still be pressed.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always have uses for my spare corpses, as way markers, so I am personally not a proponent of having more rot.

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”