More stat types on items

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

More stat types on items

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:06 pm

I don't know if gods ever run out of combinations for stats on items, but if you do then here is 2 small ideas.

1, max_stat should only give the possibility to get above 100 stat, but not actually give the stat. this means you would have to wear a +5 max_stat and a +5 stat to get 105 in a stat.
Ofcourse all items currently in game should be changed before this is added so the both gave max, and normal stat. The idea is not intented as a downgrade.

The other idea is mabye to make multible prot items act combined. That way trolls could mabye wear 3 prot fire items and get a somewhat desent save. This addition would make some players not only think in hp, but actually begin to harvest prot eq en masse.

/Disoputlip.
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:29 am

:shock: You're joking right? It seems obvious to me that said items that raise _max_ anything are artifacts and should stay the same
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:30 am

I already harvest prot items en masse, because every time I lead a zone I seem to lose one :/

Diso, you have to realize that most max eq is very small in amount, and won't necessarily notch someone. Well, if it doesn't notch you, it's worthless. I know quite a few people who think maxcon gear is useless, or maxdex (unless rogueable), for that reason. Plus, even if it does notch you, it can't compete with items like eldritches. Now, I'm not knocking it, but it seems that max_stat gear is relatively feeble already, IMHO.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”