Lies, Deception, Abandonment

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Lies, Deception, Abandonment

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:55 am

Teflor sat quietly among the grasses, waiting in the fields outside of the druid's grove near Waterdeep. Waiting for perhaps the last of who would hear him.

The half-elf druid named Sotana.

His druid and his lady. The relationship between druids and rangers are much like the relationship between paladins and clerics. There is something of a caste system, where the druids are more pure and closer to nature, and the rangers are the ones who involve themselves in the ... dirty work of the balance and the forests.

Lady Sotana, where are you?

She has this habit of wandering off for weeks at a time, and Teflor did not believe that he had the weeks to wait. Still the ranger had hope. The smell of cookies occasionally drifted under his nose. Then suddenly, all at once the smell grew stronger and the figure of a lady had dawned on the field. He stood to greet her.

Sotana landed gently on the field, frowning slightly as she greeted her ranger.

"Hello, Teflor."

"Did you want me dead as well, my lady?"

The druid sighed softly as she considered her response.

"Taking another life is a heavy burden. I had no hand in the plot to kill you."

"So everyone tells me, but I believe you."

His lady frowned as he cautiously approached her. She spoke again as he came within a few arms lengths.

"I have heard some... disturbing things about you."

Regardless of her concerns, Teflor believed that his sister would not turn her back on him. He had shed his own blood for her on more than one account, and never let a sword fall upon her that could not have fallen upon himself.

He asked her for her help, and waited for her reply.

"I have heard enough to woner what you are fighting for."

Her words sunk deeply within the ranger. Deep enough to reopen wounds that he had forgotten he suffered.

The ranger replied in sorrow, "As do I, at times."

She again questioned her own ranger as to his loyalties, as if to stab him in the heart, the ranger became so blinded by his own emotions, that he formed words that struck out against all his frustrations. The ranger returned her questions with one of his own.

"Who is it that you stand with? The dark knight Teej? Or that evil conjurer of tricks Tida? Or perhaps you favor the soulreaver and that manipulator of the dead Lintral?!"

Teflor continued, angrily, as tears began to fall from his laden eyes.

"My lady, I need your help."

Sotana began to pace in circles around the clearing as she weighed her ranger's words.

"I need your help, Sotana, I am running out of options. There are but a few who are not out for my head."

She looked directly into her ranger's eyes and with practiced prose, spoke with an even tongue.

"I do not trust you. I have every reason NOT to trust you."

The druid went on to talk of the others she had come to favor so heavily.

"I have met many who would die to save others, and to uphold what they believe."

Teflor responded sharply, strugging for his own life in this simple banter.

"My lady, they die to uphold what THEY believe."

The druid responded in kind.

"Do you fight for anyone except yourself?"

Her words hit the ranger like a killing blow, he sank to his knees as if all hope had been lost, that the ever burning light of the distant towers had at once been all snuffed out. His words came to him freely, as his lady alllowed her hands to drop to her sides.

"How morbid that you must ask me such a question."

A sadness spread across his lady's face as it did in her ranger's.

"How could you have made such a decision? What if I was the one who needed your help the most, and yet you stand with the evil knights and conjurers who hunt for my head?"

The ranger cried aloud in anguish, disturbing the peacefulness of the grove.

"Why have you forsaken me?"

Sotana stumbled in her words as she stated that the ranger had forsaken himself. She raised as if to speak, until she realized that her ranger was no longer speaking with her, but to her.

"So questioned am I by my own lady. And such wreched judgement passed upon me by the words of evil men and women... Abandoned by my own sister of the forests, and you would tell me how we have come to these times of such evil."

Sotana buried her head in her hands as the ranger continued.

"I stand for those who stand alongside me, for those who can no longer stand for themselves. I stand for the truth in justice, the honor of the old ways, the light of the path of peace. My hands wield the sword of the loved and lost, the blades that would smite the enemies of the innocent."

His lady looked up with her question. She had always had so many questions.

"Who do you determine that enemy to be?"

The ranger stared at her for a quiet moment, wondering as to just who his enemies were.

"I will determine them the same ways I always have. It is me, my lady, the Teflor you once thought you knew. The hands that would never strike out to harm you."

Sotana looked her ranger in the eye, as if in disbelief.

"Don't you see? You seek your own ends and undermine those who fight the Vile One. And you do harm to me. I will do what I must to maintain the balance."

Teflor sneered at the druid, as he stood to leave the grove.

"Even my beloved seeks my death, my lady sister abandons me, and few in the realms do not seek to seperate my head from my body. Am I the last one that fights for justice?"

Teflor nearly punched the last words he spoke as he walked by the druid.

"You tell me how balanced this is."
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:56 pm

quote that evil conjurer of tricks Tida quote

Ohhhh I like that, I've never been called a conjurer before. Evil, why thank you I am evil.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:20 pm

Nice story Teflor

Nilan :)
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:57 pm

hey i haven't tried to kill you i am the nice one i don't torment people
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:25 pm

oh mmmm.....cookies!!
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Bah, ye skinny bark feeler. Seems like ye can't see the dungpile fer yer own arse spewin it out! Get ye gone already afore we get ye gone, ye retarded son of a retarded kobolds son!
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”