An ode to our fallen comrades...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Jhorr
Sojourner

An ode to our fallen comrades...

Postby Jhorr » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:20 pm

Even though the MUD is a virtual environment, the people behind the scenes are real. I feel we often forget that. Some people who we've spent time with on Sojourn/Toril are, sadly, no longer with us. I know a lot was said at their time, but I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who'd like to pay tribute to these fallen heros/heroines.

I'll start with a tribute to Aerlinn.

I didn't know Aerlinn personally but she touched my heart anyway. She died of a disease called cystic fibrosis and actually outlived her life expectancy by more than a few years. She was a fighter. She played a cleric and a bard I think (?), ironically, giving back the life she was losing day by day. In fact, she would often play the MUD (Toril, at least) from a hospital bed while she received treatments for her illness. She was among the most generous people I've ever encoutered in the MUD environment. Happily, she lived long enough to have a daughter, whom I wish the best for. My thoughts go out to Aerlinn and her family. She will never be forgotten. R.I.P.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:52 am

It's all a blur these days, but I remember when I was just starting to play Sojourn 1 I was struggling profusely with the game. I was a total and true n00b that would get lost on my way from the fountain to the docks. I was just about to give up when some big high level dude named Waza sort of took me under his wing. He taught me the commands, told me what a MUD client was, showed me what mobs to kill, talked me out of playing a human assassin with 30 something agility and generally made me feel welcome on Sojourn.

Turns out I wasn't the only one that Waza helped. In fact he was one of the better folks around the MUD back in those days, always willing to lend a hand. It's still so hard for me to believe someone so helpfull, patient, and caring was so sad inside. We all miss you Waza.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:03 am

Dang =( In another 50 years, how many of us will still be around ?!

I'm sorry to hear about the losses.

Rest in peace, Aerlinn, and Waza, I don't think we ever met, but I hope you rest in peace too.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:49 pm

*lifts a glass*
To all of our fallen comrades, friends that some of us have never met, yet felt closer to than people we've known in real life, our entire lives.

I also lift a glass to Kobei, the best bard I have ever known. My experience group companion for many years, my old guildmate, and the person who aided and abetted my love for useless items and always stuffed my bags with goodies. I hope you are happy to know that bards rock now, Kelly, whereever you may be. I hope a smile crosses your face everytime you see Toril's tribute to you and our neverending love.
Rest in Peace, Kelly.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”