WTB: MtG Cards

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Gormal
Sojourner

WTB: MtG Cards

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:55 pm

If anyone has old Magic cards lying around that they want to sell, send me an email at gormalstoneforge@hotmail.com and we'll talk! (its helpful if you include what you have.)
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: WTB: MtG Cards

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:42 pm

Gormal wrote:If anyone has old Magic cards lying around that they want to sell, send me an email at gormalstoneforge@hotmail.com and we'll talk! (its helpful if you include what you have.)

I've got a revised edition fireball!
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:59 pm

wonder how much time twisters are worth now...
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:25 pm

I miss my moxes and lotus. Had at one point full set of alpha and beta. Took my collection into a card shop recently and the guy offered me about 40 bucks in trade. I picked up a copy of scrye, the one he was using for his pricing of my collection and priced all my card. Total came out to aprox $1750 using the low-mid price.

I also checked out ebay, there are a lot of people selling the card cheap there. Watch out for fake cards, had a friend get a whole bunch of them.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:42 pm

Is there an online place I can maybe check the value of my cards? I never used to pay attention to the card values, only whether or not I could blow stuff up with them... so I might have some cool rare card that would be worth something.

Ahhh... I miss my red/green deck of lots of mana and fireballs. Well, I still have it... but have no one to play against.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:26 pm

I actually have most of my old cards... I started around revised and my cards go from there, I only ever keep my type 1.5 cards with me so all my oldies are at my parents place and I don't have anything past the urza's set.

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my sliver swarm deck... 'Why you guys all giving up sixth turn? There's only 150 thousand of them...'

Did I meantion they were all unnaffected by summoning sickness?

I don't know what I have off hand, but I pretty much have a 30/50/20 mix of rares/uncommons/superusefullcommons... the rest I gave away or pennyswapped.

Got a few type 1 tourny decks for sale, some bigger winners than others. (Pestilence decks RULE!)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:12 am

why do you want mtg cards jake? i'll drive to oregon to pwn you
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:22 am

i got tons of them on the online version.

3nj0y...

btw, dalar, i will drive to california and pwn you.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:11 am

I have 1 entire binder for each color dating back to homelands I believe. I also have 1k+ cards from around revised.

I used to play quite a bit, and I came into some cards from a comic-book store that went under. Contact me if ya want.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:51 pm

I've found that there are a large amount of people out here that play who don't think there's anyone to play with. Good way to kill time at sea too.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:48 pm

Hehehe... I just get the people I know addicted...

Taught my college buddies how to play and they've each easily dropped $500 on magic cards in the past 3 months...

I keep getting the impression that the cards are getting less usefulle for thier mana cost... With shock replacing lightning bolt, etc... My old type one decks DOMINATE just about every game we play. (Though there are still some gamebreakers out there in the new edditions)

Nothing will ever beat my suprise attack deck...
1st turn, play some moxes and a land,
Play sneak attack, or if you didn't draw one vampiric/demonic tutor to get one and play it. (should have about 7 mana now)
pay R and wollop them with whatever big creature you drew (all big tramplers and serras avatars[Power/Toughness = to your lifetotal WOOOT] )
play a draw spell, rinse, repeat.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:09 pm

Type 1 is ghetto, since they had to ban every card that might be remotely useful in building a deck. Any format where Lotus Petal is banned is a waste of time!

Gormie, I have about ten billion commons I could probably ship out to you. We still play so you can't have anything of quality, but I have boxes and boxes of raise deads and plague rats you're welcome to :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:17 am

Ebgar,

How does the online version work? What does it cost? Do you buy cards or what?
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:11 am

Gerad wrote:Ebgar,

How does the online version work? What does it cost? Do you buy cards or what?

The Online version Wizards wants you to play, where you get to spend real money for virtual 8th Ed (the ones that look like Yu-Gi-Oh) cards (no, I'm not biased :D ):

Magic Online

The absolutely free Apprentice with a complete index of all 8787697868765 cards ever printed (and updated with each new expansion):

Apprentice

I recommend getting Apprentice first (since it's uhh free and incredibly small) and trying that out, then wasting your money on MTG Online if you're still dissatisfied.

Anyone interested in playing tabletop Magic with actual cards should really go Type 1. In the end you will save money since every new expansion will bring perhaps 0-1 cards you might be interested in, and you will be free of the vicious cycle of Type 2 cardbuying. You can start out cheap as well! Play mono-green Stompy or mono-red Sligh or Suicide Black until you finally pony up for the P9 and build your dream deck

Ragorn: Lotus Petal is restricted in Type 1, not banned. ;)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:26 pm

Being as I am a sucker, anyone else play wizards online version? Snagged it the other day. It's pretty neat. Yeah, you pay for the cards and crap online. But at whatever point, if you wanted to quit you can redeem your cards, and wizards will send you all the physicals you've collected on the digital side of things. It's not a bad deal really. You don't need to pay for the software perse, but you pay for the cards to play. You can get started for like 10$ that'll get you about 82(lame) cards. Total I probably blew about 42$, and I snagged about 250 cards(booster's, decks, etc) and have put together a fairly solid deck.

It's pretty fun, should try it out.
And I don't mean to sound like a salesman for wizards, whoops. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:33 pm

And here I was under the impression this game died ages ago. Maybe I should get around to selling all my old cards. I wonder what they're worth. Anyone need fun rares? =)
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:23 am

Just found 57 Goblin Rock Sled cards in the back of my closet. You want them? :P Damn things aren't even summon goblin. What the hell? You can't Goblin Grenade them, you can Goblin Warrens them..hell, the GOBLIN KING can't do crap for them? What kind of POS card is this anyway?!?!?!?!

OK, even after all these years I'm still bitter about that stupid card...
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:25 am

You people need to play, I need someone to trounce since they all own my small collection of cards right now. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:08 am

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Being as I am a sucker, anyone else play wizards online version? Snagged it the other day. It's pretty neat. Yeah, you pay for the cards and crap online. But at whatever point, if you wanted to quit you can redeem your cards, and wizards will send you all the physicals you've collected on the digital side of things. It's not a bad deal really. You don't need to pay for the software perse, but you pay for the cards to play. You can get started for like 10$ that'll get you about 82(lame) cards. Total I probably blew about 42$, and I snagged about 250 cards(booster's, decks, etc) and have put together a fairly solid deck.

It's pretty fun, should try it out.
And I don't mean to sound like a salesman for wizards, whoops. :P

I'd be more likely to try if I could send them my rea life cards for the digital versions. I don't have money to throw around on cards at all right now, but really like playing my existing rl red green deck.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:21 am

Checked into that, cause I got cards I wouldn't mind either, but as far as I can tell it's a no go :P Just blow more money on it!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”