Snicker

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Daz
Sojourner

Snicker

Postby Daz » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:28 am

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/10 ... index.html

we are barbarians to want to kill a murder, but this is considered a justified and heroic act.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:12 am

Why wouldn't this be justified and heroic? Crime happens to victims, and many people simply allow themselves to be victims. These girls didn't, and you can bet no one will ever go flashing in front of that school again.

Of course, I think the death penalty is justified for murderers also...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:39 pm

I'm quite sure they embelished a LITTLE with the we are heroes bit. Basically they were right to chase him off, but not to cause bodily harm upon him ... ie.. Two wrongs do NOT make a right ....
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sesexe
Sojourner

Re: Snicker

Postby Sesexe » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:14 pm

Daz wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/10/31/cnna.catholicgirls/index.html

we are barbarians to want to kill a murder, but this is considered a justified and heroic act.

There was no killing.
There was no murder.
An angry mob attacked a single individual, if they wanted him dead he’d be dead.

What we're looking at is a bona fide ass whooping to someone who obviously deserved it. I think it’s great what they did, but I don’t know why they didn’t just call the police before and have him arrested for Indecent Exposure and give him a restraining order from coming near the school back when he started doing it. They mentioned how he had done this 5-6 times before, and it’s not like they wouldn’t have enough witnesses against him, right? Give him a record. It’ll last longer and be more damaging to him in the long run then a bruise or broken bones/lost teeth.

I mean, I’m all for beating down a pervert, but you have to wonder if doing this is actually going to make him stop or elevate him to being something worse. Maybe now instead of being a public exhibitionist he becomes a rapist or worse?
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:14 pm

hahahaha
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:15 am

well, i am glad that some people got my point.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:47 am

Screw all that noise! Those high school students should have beat that socially inept rimjob half to death. Then toss his ass in jail and let a couple prisoners play peek-a-boo with him. It makes me howl people can feel sorry for this jackass or even care if got hurt. I hope the hospital staff pissed in his pudding cup.

But, does anyone else smell lawsuit in the future?
Meatshield
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:29 am

the point of this post was NOT that these girls were in the wrong for beating this guy, nor even that he was a bad person for doing it.

the point is that this story illustrates the double standards which we use to judge people for situations merely based on a degree of separation that we personally assign. this guy, for whatever reason, broke a law. these girls took the matter into their own hands, and broke a law in assaulting him. the law enforcement officials praised these girls for disregarding the law.

now we have a group of girls who are going to remember for the rest of their lives that they were rewarded for ignoring the laws that we are taught or expected to obey. this guy deserved to be locked up, or maybe to get psychiatric help. he did not deserve to be beaten for the feeling of satisfaction it would provide to a group of lawless high school girls.

i hope that he spends many years living off the dividends he will receive when he wins his lawsuit. the only reason he won't win, is if he does not press charges. i hope these girls are rich, too - so that he can collect more money. i hope that while he is in jail or locked up in some hospital, that he uses the hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages he collects to sell 'I was beaten by a group of catholic schoolgirls' postcards.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:34 am

8)

People often overlook the breaking of rules by the perceived hero of a story.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:33 pm

Daz,

I hope he wins one as well. To open some people's eyes. How useless the American legal system is (you guys should ask Canada for a couple of pointers). But, you ain't ever gonna find a jury or judge who sympathizes with this guy. The bottom line is, you can break a law (in this case, I'd say self defence) as long as you have society's morality on your side.

And that is why murderers get gassed on death row in Texas. The morality there says it's o.k.....
Meatshield

Return to “General Discussion Archive”