Oops I pulled a Thanuk

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

Oops I pulled a Thanuk

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:48 pm

Well not really. I partitioned the wrong drive and lost a bunch of crap. Any way I can get it back? I'm guessing no
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:21 pm

It all comes down to one question. How much is the data worth to you?

http://www.ontrack.com/datarecovery/

These guys are authorized to open up your harddrive case and not void the warranty. From failed harddrives to putting in wrong partitions, they recover it all.

When one of our CEO's HD stop spinning, we sent it to these folks who recovered the whole thing. Cost us $1,800.00

These guys aren't 'ghetto.' They use tools that cost way more then even our company can afford.

Since your HD isn't fuct, and it should cost a lot less. Check it out. They sell tools as well.

-Caedym Shadowhock
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:48 pm

if all you did was partition it, and if you didnt write any data back on the drive, then the data can be recovered, i could tell ya how to do it if it was an ext2 fs. but id assume there are tools for fat32/ntfs too.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:49 pm

yea i think i wrote about 100 mb worth of crap out of 100 gigs space total. for now i'm not gonna touch the drive untiil i can find a link of a way to recover most of the data.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:44 am

Norton Utilities should recover it if it was a FAT16 or FAT32 partition. NTFS is a little harder. Ontrack's always an option if your jpop and prOn are important enough to you.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:12 pm

Hate the title of this thread. Every time I see it, I see Thanuk dressed up as Britney Spears singing "Oops I Did it Again." How frightening.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:04 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Hate the title of this thread. Every time I see it, I see Thanuk dressed up as Britney Spears singing "Oops I Did it Again." How frightening.

I dont remember seeing you on halloween...
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:55 pm

so i've been recovering stuff off the drive. since i wrote stuff onto it it completely screwed up my files. like 20 of my mp3's are in one huge clump. i can't even find my mpg files. easyrecovery is either a crappy program or i did a good job screwing up my comp

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:09 am

oops posted in wrong place

Return to “General Discussion Archive”