9%
Some sleeper team that didn't make the list
18%

Total votes: 11
thanuk
Sojourner

Oh, Those Tricky Cincinatti Bengals...

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:48 pm

Damn dude, how are you gonna be on the Bengals, arguably the least successful franchise in pro sports history, and guarantee victory against the KC Chiefs? Much respect for Chad Johnson, someone get that guy a fur coat to wear on the sidelines.

Crazy week in football this week eh? Grats Vahok, the Broncos blew up this week, too bad I was on a bye in my fantasy football league(the one for money, im getting destroyed in the Sojourn one) cuz I had Shannon Sharpe. Its fun to score 3 touchdowns in one game as a tight end.

And lets be honest, if someone told you the Jets were going to put up 31 points in 1 week, how could you think they would lose the game? It's funny that Tony Dungee and Herm Edwards, both former defensive coaches(who look like twins separated at birth) go out and have a 69 point shootout now that they are head coaches. This game should've been getting all the hype, not that pathetic Bill vs. Bill 12-0 garbage game that ESPN featured.

Hey Daz, THE BUCS ARE DONE! bahahahhaa sucks for you, Lets go Panthers.

As pathetic as the Jets are, its great to be a Jet fan in NY these days, because it means at least you aren't a giant fan. God damn, that team fell apart in a hurry. Jim Fassel is gonna be bagging my groceries in February, you can count on that.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:28 pm

Go Texans.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:31 pm

Even as a Canadian, I can't stand Doug Flutie. I swear up here people still think he is one! (He isn't for the record). I was grinning ear-to-ear when Denver rolled San "no offence, no defence, no special teams" Diego.

And to all those Chiefs fans out there...BWHAHAHA! The Bengals outplayed them on all sides of the ball, including your precious Donte Hall. Maybe Hall should ask Warrick how to bring it to the house! And before all you K.C. fans start babbling about the 5 specials teams touchdowns Hall has...get over it. He isn't in the top 20 touchdowns in the league, so who cares? Maybe if KC learned to play a little D, Hall could play something more then 4th receiver on the depth chart, and had more divine intervention (see Priest), they would get some respect. And more blah, blah about their record...playoff choke artists anyone?

I voted Denver in the poll, I'd be shot if I didn't. But the Titans and Colts look pretty scary right now. Balance on offence, good defence...gonna be silly in the playoffs with them. Especially when the Bungals win their division (gag, gag, gag).

P.S. Thanuk...when are the Jets gonna ditch the old fogeys on their team? I think they lost because it was past nap time at the nursing home.

P.P.S. Bengals, arguably the least successful franchise in pro sports history..the Bengals were the worst pro sports franchise in 1990's. Had the lowest win %...i guess getting a top 5 pick about 7 times will do that!
Last edited by Vahok on Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatshield
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:35 pm

Mitharx wrote:Go Texans.

I love Capers....

"Coach, it's 4th and 1...should we kick the fieldgoal for the tie?"

"Hell no! Let Carr bring it to house for the win!"

So much respect for a coach who is willing to gamble a bit to gain some wins.
Meatshield
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:35 pm

Vahok wrote:P.S. Thanuk...when are the Jets gonna ditch the old fogeys on their team? I think they lost because it was past nap time at the nursing home.

It's hard to win a football game when the team your playing never has to punt.

But what do you know about old fogeys, you were telling me the other day that Curtis Martin is washed up and he had 105 yards on 12 carries. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:40 pm

Yeah, biting my tongue a bit on the Martin part, but I still think Jordan is better. Oh well, even/when Martin leaves or retires, they will be in good shape anyways.

But drop everyone on that D who is over the age of 30. Half of them sucked when they were young...
Meatshield
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:45 pm

Welcome to the jungle!

Bengals > all yesterday!

Hell of a game! If they win next week it will be the first time they have a winning record after 10 games in like thirteen years...

Bengals in FIRST!?!? Nobody would have called that shit.

And so what, if he wants to say "we guarantee we'll beat them". People toss that shit around in every other sport. Albeit, nobody thought there was any way the bengals would beat KC but let him talk all the shit he wants!

-G
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>

Return to “General Discussion Archive”