eq changes

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
turg
Sojourner

eq changes

Postby turg » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:24 pm

Hey all, just wanted to say hello and put my two cents in on a thing or two. I know I probably don't have the most educated information because I've been gone awhile, but here it goes. Today I decided to ID some of my old eq, mostly tia equip and the more uber stuff. I was very, very upset when I made my findings. I don't know who is in charge of the eq changes, but please take another look at what you are doing. If you wanna lower the hps on tf eq cause the zone is easy that's one thing, but lowering uber eq on the hardest of zones is just stupid. Some stuff from Bronze Citadel got upgraded like my sleeves from Bel, but almost everything else I had was downgraded. The tia belt on my squid was nerfed beyond all recognition and it just makes me sad. Not because I want my eq to be so uber im over-powered, but because it gives me no reason to come back really. I just don't understand the logic. Tiamat is way tougher imho and it's not avaiable to do everyday. Bronze citadel is and is less of a pain and relatively safe unless theres a crash or something. I could go into detail why it's easier to do BC but I won't. I know the imms don't have to justify what they do to me or anyone else, but I'd sure like an explanation if the imm responsible for this would respond to me. You don't just make a game harder by making the equipment less powerful, you've gotta use your imagination. I wouldn't go digging into the hardest zones possible to do the downgrades either. Maybe I'm rambling but I felt the need to post because almost every piece of equipment I had got screwed and I will probably not come back because of that...... :(

Nuff Said
Turg :(
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:21 pm

I guessed the reasons for the Tiamat nerfing...

Maybe I'm wrong but...

They are intending to put Tiamat back in so they have to make sure that the equipment from the zone matches the current guidelines.

Perhaps they didn't nerf in the way that they should - The crescent moon amulet could have been downgraded differently for example, same with the staff. But I can see the reason for it.

I guess it was either that or they grandfathered it, which would mean super powerful equipment that some people had that nobody else could ever get.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:54 am

I, too, have recently been looking at some chars to find that half the eq has to be replaced because it can't even be worn by the char anymore, and the other half is of questionable utility.

Hopefully this is part of some larger strategem, to introduce new zones perhaps.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”