Player Council

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

Do you think we need a player council?

Yes, we need a player council. What a great idea Viclor!
11%
No, we do not need a player council. Stfu you clueless moron.
42%
I think the imms are doing a fine job as it is. No need for changes at this time.
42%
We don't need a player council, we just need one individual to help communication between the players and the immortals.
5%

Total votes: 38
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:55 pm

Donations:

Sesexe, this game was nover free, the god(s) always payed for it. And to you it can still be free. The gods are offering players who have asked multiple times to help them financially the choice to do so. In no way are they charging you for playing. If you wish to help them financially so that we can get better machines/connections/etc. fine if not that's fine by them too. I don't see how this could possibly bother anyone.

Pril
Viclor Voddyn
Sojourner

Postby Viclor Voddyn » Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:52 pm

Ok, this is how I feel:

Your right. The imms have only 2 coders. So that warrants them more time imo. They said things will be getting done in the next few months.
Wait til that time comes. If things aren't done, then bitch. But this is getting annoying, the imms dont have the manpower to make your constant bitching a reality immediately.

Give it time.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:12 pm

Ofren -

Thanks alot for gracing us with your negativity in the guise of "perspective." Perhaps you should question your own objectivity before writing posts like this. I will respond to your points.

1. Soj3 avg record players - 110. Toril - 80-90.

This is hardly definitive, though I'll agree that Toril has had a slightly lower max pbase than S3 at the time of the split. There are other factors that determine the "total" pbase than simply the maximum number on at any one time though, so its' hard to infer much with this comparison of raw numbers.

2. There's nothing new about this MUD.

That is completely untrue. Besides the completely different outlook and attitude of the Staff, there have been several code changes, a few new zones and the EQ changes added since the split - which was less than 7 months ago. You have some real "brass tacks" to make this claim. Progress may be slow, but your above statement is so obviously false that I'm not going to spend any more time addressing it.

As for your claim that we "blame the problems of the old MUD on politics and staff members", I never did any such thing. I stated, in this thread, "I personally did not have the freedom to fix Rangers (and many other things) in the way that I believed was needed". I stand by my statement, and as a former staff member you should have enough perspective to see the truth in it.

3. There's been no code progress in 5 months.

See above. The entries are sparse, I won't deny that. That doesn't mean there hasn't been any "code progress" - there has actually been quite alot. It's called "development" - that's what has to happen with code before it makes it into the news. I would think that as a former "coder" you would realize this. Also, there has been plenty of code put in to support the Quest, Areas, and Admin spheres which hasn't been noted in the player news, but is still important progress.

4. The melee problem was broached 6 months ago, nothing tangible done since.

See above. Frustration at the pace of development is understandable, but given the amount of time I and others have spent working on it the past few months, I don't feel any need to apologize.

5. What imms are tired of, what players are tired of.

Careful, your lack of objectivity is showing through here. If you don't like our "whiny" posts about how "things take time, we have real lives too", don't read them. Things DO take time, and we DO have real lives - I'm *certain* that you understand that. Sometimes its neccessary to point that out.

6. Perspective of both immortals and players is flawed and limited.

I don't know what to say to this other than - yes, this will always be true, and the fact that nearly every immortal on Toril is an active player is an obvious advantage over past incarnations of the MUD.

7. There are too few active coders.

Can there ever be enough? There's three active coders now. Mielikki, Eilistraee, and myself. Once again, just typing "news" does not give you a complete picture of what's going on in the code sphere. This is as many fully active coders as we've ever had on any incarnation of this MUD that I've been a part of. More coders would be nice of course, and there may be some soon.

8. It takes some real brass tacks to ask for donations despite all of this.

It takes some real "brass tacks" to give players who asked for the option of donating their wish, does it? We haven't begged for donations, or nagged for them, or even stated that they're neccessary for the MUD to survive. Hosting a MUD the *right* way costs money, and more than a few players asked for the option to help out with it. This is a common practice among MUDs today, and completely endorsed by the Diku team. Furthermore, to state that we "give nothing back" is ludicrous. Even if there were ZERO code or areas progress, providing this game to play in its current state is obviously "something", and obviously has value to the players who play here today.

The way I see it, you have some real "brass tacks" to show up here and make these accusatory, negative, and completely untrue claims. Your talent at twisting the facts to suit your own pre-determined view is impressive. You have put a negative spin on so many things in your post that it boggles my mind. You state there's been no code progress, pick the time of the least new code additions while handily ignoring the other code that was added before then, and then proceed to belittle what WAS added. You can spin the truth as negatively as you want, it will not affect us, and I'm sure the players here are wise enough to see your spin for what it is.

You and every other former S3 god were invited to play Toril, and are welcome to offer your perspective. There's no need to bring your grudges and personal dislikes here though, and your assumptions about how Toril functions based on your knowledge of previous incarnations are simply inaccurate.

You're welcome to post whatever you want here within the rules, but I'm not going to spend any more time responding to it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:18 pm

I think ofren's post was wierd... um.. donations was such an excellent step, it was abundantly clear that connection was the #1 problem at the time and we needed to host someplace faster. Pwnage...

Shar's big post was rad... imms atm get feedback from all sorts of areas, I feel some areas of staff use it far better than others (gear changes still have a few glaring oversights imho). When it comes to a topic / item / system / twink that isn't covered in a trillion bbs posts which many are I have seen staff actively discuss it with groups or individuals on many occasions.

I think the code work i've been hearing of is quite excellent so far on toril. People saying our melee system is completely shot is pretty far off base imho, It is by far the best I have seen of any mud I've played, rogues are awesome, steps have been taken to make warriors the tanks not clerics, and rangers arn't useless by a long shot. Such big jobs, sometimes it hurts having things released in little steps like downgrade to some classes before others, but little steps / trials seem to work best, I think gear changes proved that a massive job all in at once could be a bit of a problem.
Ofren
Sojourner

Postby Ofren » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:42 am

Thanks alot for gracing us with your negativity in the guise of "perspective." Perhaps you should question your own objectivity before writing posts like this.

Ah, I see. It's impossible for me to be objective. I expected this response. I took quite a bit of time to type out a thoughtful post pointing out what I see as flaws, and you jump down my throat. Old grudges die hard, I guess. Amazing how I make one post in seven months and am immediately attacked.

2. There's nothing new about this MUD.

That is completely untrue.

Who's twisting words now? My point was in direct response to your claim in this thread that this is a "new" MUD. You said "Ragorn:
Perhaps it would help to understand that this is a new MUD."

If you reread the rest of that paragraph, you would see what I meant by "new". Sure, there's new areas, new code that was put into the game in the first month or two as a way to lure players and promote the MUD in the wake of the split. That was good. But it doesn't make TorilMUD a new MUD. At the very least, it is definitely not "new" almost seven months after it opened. By the way, check your calendar -- today's April 24. The MUD opened October 1. That's a week short of seven months.

As for your claim that we "blame the problems of the old MUD on politics and staff members", I never did any such thing.

Well, this is what you wrote: "It is really pretty unfair to blame us for all of the past mistakes of previous incarnations. The management has completely changed, and most of the staff members responsible are not a part of this MUD. " I apologize for misconstruing this remark as placing the blame for most of the old MUD's mistakes on staff members that are not a part of this MUD.

See above. The entries are sparse, I won't deny that. That doesn't mean there hasn't been any "code progress" - there has actually been quite alot. It's called "development" - that's what has to happen with code before it makes it into the news. I would think that as a former "coder" you would realize this. Also, there has been plenty of code put in to support the Quest, Areas, and Admin spheres which hasn't been noted in the player news, but is still important progress.

My point is that players don't care about "development" unless they can see it. You can say "we added these great new utillities for ourselves" until you're blue in the face, but players don't care.

Sure, I understand what development is. I also understand that players get very ornery if they don't see any tangible results of that development for five months, and I also know how easy it is to claim that things are being "worked on". Players have finite patience.

I don't know what to say to this other than - yes, this will always be true, and the fact that nearly every immortal on Toril is an active player is an obvious advantage over past incarnations of the MUD.

Again, though the immortal perspective definitely has weight, even if immortals play as players, their view is skewed and flawed by the mere fact of being immortal. Look at it this way -- there's the immortal perspective, and the player perspective. Each side can get a hint of the other side's perspective, but can never truly get the whole thing. Once you start down the path of immortal, you can never truly go back to the perspective of mere player.

Hosting a MUD the *right* way costs money

and is a responsibility of ownership. Who cares if the Diku team has endorsed it. Did I ever claim it was illegal or in violation of the Diku license? That's not the issue.

The way I see it, you have some real "brass tacks" to show up here and make these accusatory, negative, and completely untrue claims. Your talent at twisting the facts to suit your own pre-determined view is impressive. You have put a negative spin on so many things in your post that it boggles my mind.

I didn't "show up" here. I've been here regularly. While I admit that a few phrases in my post were poorly chosen, the fact that you have jumped so far down my throat after one post makes me suspect that I've hit fairly close to the mark on most of my points.

You state there's been no code progress, pick the time of the least new code additions while handily ignoring the other code that was added before then, and then proceed to belittle what WAS added.

As I stated above, I understand that there was new code put in right away at the start of the new MUD. That was good. But after that two-month transition period, that initial drive has not sustained itself, and as a result, players are frustrated.

You can spin the truth as negatively as you want, it will not affect us, and I'm sure the players here are wise enough to see your spin for what it is.

I'm not spinning anything. I'm giving one player's assessment and perspective. Why do you keep claiming I'm spinning things?

You and every other former S3 god were invited to play Toril, and are welcome to offer your perspective. There's no need to bring your grudges and personal dislikes here though,

I didn't. I want to see this decade-old MUD succeed. My post was an honest assessment from a player's perspective of why I don't think that's happening. You could have ignored it, or said "thanks for your input, we don't really agree with it", but instead you chose to slam me and claim that I'm offering up lies and negativity. That's unfortunate, but it doesn't surprise me.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:11 am

Ofren wrote:Ah, I see. It's impossible for me to be objective. I expected this response. I took quite a bit of time to type out a thoughtful post pointing out what I see as flaws, and you jump down my throat. Old grudges die hard, I guess. Amazing how I make one post in seven months and am immediately attacked.

Your initial post was very confrontational. Whether it was all true or not, it came off as an attack more than a simple opinion or perspective. I occasionally I have similar problems with sounding confrontational in a post when I don't really mean to. However, given the tone and content of your post I don't think an attack is in any way surprising.

You feel like Shevy attacked you, yet your intial post was far more confrontational than hers.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:49 am

Ofren,

While your post was a fun read, it lacked any clear direction. Most people would argue that the mud has moved on. If nothing else, the atmosphere of the mud has gotten alot nicer than in the past. In addition, no where did you offer solutions. Even your praises of progress on the mud were little more than back handed compliments.

Try to have an open mind.

Imis

"No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:48 am

Shevarash wrote:Ragorn:

Rangers may not have been a priority on past versions of this MUD - but they are now. If we had a larger staff and unlimited resources they would have been fixed already.

Shevarash wrote:There's three active coders now. Mielikki, Eilistraee, and myself. Once again, just typing "news" does not give you a complete picture of what's going on in the code sphere. This is as many fully active coders as we've ever had on any incarnation of this MUD that I've been a part of.

Shev

I don't want to twist around what you are saying, and both of these passages are small parts of larger messages, but isn't there a bit of a contradiction here? On one hand, you are blaming the ranger delays on a lack of staff (and I am assuiming you mean coder staff), and then on the other hand, suggesting that the coder situation is better than ever.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:11 am

corth chill.

he says it's being worked on, but there is no mention at all of what is going to be done. for all we know there could be some heavy debate upstairs that needs to be cleared before the class is changed.

lets face it, the only way to make yet another melee class truly needed in these types of games is to give them a unique ability that a group requires to complete or access given areas of said game.

i cant think of anything they could give that wouldnt unbalace the game outright.

remember when thieves and assassis pretty much stunk and had nothing to add to a group? well now rogues are your main melee damage dealers, and the fact that sneak and hide work so well now has added a new dimension to the tactics of the game.

i been gone a long time, but i'm extremely surprised at how much nicer the aptmosphere is - in game at least. these boards, peoples attitudes on the boards, and the constant reading between the lines def. makes this a less than friendly place.

wouldnt these boards be better served as a place to post information about the mud instead of so many petty little things? just my opinion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 am

Ofren -

Let me state it very clearly so there's no confusion. In my opinion you are not an objective player with no agenda, you are en ex-god with an axe to grind. Had your post not been as vitriolic and insulting as it was my opinion might be different. That post combined with the fact that you do not actually play this MUD (logging in once in awhile to sneer does not make you an active player) makes your motives and objectivity entirely suspect. You can post all you want within the rules here, but I won't give you or your unfounded speculation any more of my time.

Corth -

I suppose I can see the contradiction there, so let me clear it up: There are as many active coders on TorilMUD as there ever were on S3, so we're relatively healthy in that regard...but its still by no means enough coders to get everything done as quickly as I'd like. I hope that's clear enough.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:25 pm

I'm perceiving wasted immortal time being used to respond to messages directed at immortals for being lazy.

*bell*

Everyone back to their corner for playtime and game development.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:42 am

Shev/Shar

I have had faith that the ranger class would be fixed for oh, 10 years now at least. It is _very_ hard to keep faith when I see things like the following in the news:

"[Shevarash] Woopty Doo.
- Rogues/Bards/Battlechanters base hitroll adjusted to be similar to that of the other hitter classes. This translates into needing slightly less +hit gear to hit effectively."

What are 'other hitter classes'? Warriors? Anti/paladin? Their thac0 is much lower than a rangers (30+ if you want a prayer to hit). .. in the case of anti/paladin a 15 is high! Maybe rogues are messing with me but I had a number of them say that they hit very well with 26-27 hitroll. Had others insist the thac0 for rangers had to have been adjusted when rogues were. . .I rechecked the news. . .nada.

Before that change rogues were already the single most powerful class on the mud. How could you justify that change without throwing rangers that bone too? It can't be harder to adjust thac0 for one class and not the other. Im sure ranger balance is being worked on. . .but why couldn't we get a show of good faith in the meantime with something like the Thac0 change rogues got?

I know this thread isn't about rangers. . .and it has side tracked... so I apologize for adding to the diversion. I really do want to think that we're all on the council of players and that our feedback is appreciated (when it isn't served with bile and meanness!) and used for the betterment of the game. Perhaps I don't have a grasp on the 'big picture' But I've got a pretty damn good sense of balance and there's some really whacked stuff going on in my opinion. Maybe it will work out, maybe it won't. I hope it does.

Anyway, I certainly hope this didn't come off as too bitter, but I really am frustrated. Y'all know I've been around a long time and I'll probably be around forever so I hope you keep that in mind when reading what I've got to post. I attempt to be as calm and rational about the balance of this game as I can be. Perhaps I may overdo it because I've been fighting from the underdog spot for so many years heh. .. Anyway. I'm done. Thanks for reading.

The Lost
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:53 am

I could have sworn I told you this already, but...

What was adjusted was not the complete Thac0, but the *base* hitroll of the classes, which is only one small factor of thac0. Rogues had an inexplicably low base hitroll for a class that was supposed to be a hitter, a problem which had previously been addressed by extra hitroll gear for those classes. In the wake of the eq changes that band-aid disappeared, so this internal number was adjusted to compensate.

Previous to this Rangers had a considerably higher base hitroll - all this change did was to bring Rogues up to the same level as Rangers (and Warriors.)

I hope that clears that up.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:23 am

Shevarash wrote:I could have sworn I told you this already, but...

What was adjusted was not the complete Thac0, but the *base* hitroll of the classes, which is only one small factor of thac0. Rogues had an inexplicably low base hitroll for a class that was supposed to be a hitter, a problem which had previously been addressed by extra hitroll gear for those classes. In the wake of the eq changes that band-aid disappeared, so this internal number was adjusted to compensate.

Previous to this Rangers had a considerably higher base hitroll - all this change did was to bring Rogues up to the same level as Rangers (and Warriors.)

I hope that clears that up.

All fine and good, but didn't Rogues _already_ outdamage rangers when you included backstab and circle?

Waelos:

Interested in your opinion on something I suggested a while back: http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... hp?t=13255

It's a rather drastic restructuring of the ranger class.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:56 pm

Hi :)

Your feed back is welcome, but this thread is not about rangers. As posted in announcements, hijacking threads (even though your posts are not acidic in nature and even though you have good questions) is unacceptable. We are trying to keep threads true to nature.

Now before you say "that's the last thing we need, another ranger thread", consider that we read *every* thread. Just be careful that your (players) posts within don't degrade into pure whines or flames. If it dosen't, you'll be heard. :) Also consider, when it is time to ask for player feedback on rangers, we have lots of threads already to read through, so we may not need to ask for much. Don't feel dejected or "screwed" out of your oppinion. We've read it a lot :) -btw, I mean that in a nice way. By no means is useful feedback ever mocked.

Hugs
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:25 pm

player council is redunant considering the forums

a glorified player council is pointless if it doesn't have some sort of power or discretion

a council would do what make suggestions and review changes with which they contribute nothing that isn't already being contributed on the bbs and only gives them some sort of imagined pedestal or mantle from which to bitch or kiss ass.

this organization / game is still small enough that one, two, and certainly 3 people can oversee and give direction to the development. They certainly dont need a council to slow down their decision making process. A council certainly isnt going to get code or areas written faster.

People don't want to be heard, they want to be listened to. Most of those people also can't be troubled to help in a meaningful way.

in closing,

look at the changes that have occured over the years... some sucked ass, some were poorly received, some were brilliant.... how many of those took 0 effort and were decided in a without research with "people who play the game"?

I personally thought the eq changes were inane, but i respect the time and effort to try. ... where do you think that idea came from.... did the area gods just decide one day that all eq needed to be redone or did some players bitch that eq x sucked compared to piece y and z.

edit:

i certainly let a grey elf ranger revamp the ranger class, i dont want to play on nance mud. Let the professionals develop the class with input from players. I'd trust the ideas of a professional designer over a professional ranger any day.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:09 pm

Shev/Shar -

Thank you for the response. I will let this thread get back on topic.

The Lost.
Ofren
Sojourner

Postby Ofren » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:41 am

I might be willing to concede that I had some kind of "agenda" if I actually did. By the way, please tell me what that agenda is, bearing in mind that I think Cyric is a pretty upstanding guy, and this MUD is as much his as it is yours.

Why do you think I would bother to "grind an axe" after this long? Over-inflated sense of self-importance? Persecution complex? Or maybe because YOU would? Who knows. I sure don't. Maybe you should examine your own objectivity before you start questioning mine.

But whatever, Shev. You're right as always. I forgot that you're never wrong. I just connect to the MUD to sneer at it. All I do is slam the MUD. All my post was trying to do was slam the MUD. I'm just a twisted, compulsive liar who cares nothing for this last child of a decade-old MUD and the frustration felt by many of its long-time players. I'm not able to separate my utter disgust for the way you have treated many, many people for my fond regard for a game that has provided me and many others countless hours of entertainment. I'm just a "black hole of negativity" who's out to get you.

Good job, detective -- you found me out.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:34 pm

Hey ok man, whatevvvvver you say. :)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:00 pm

Sarvis wrote:You feel like Shevy attacked you, yet your intial post was far more confrontational than hers.

::blink::

Amidst all the bickering, an actual revelation. I, for one, would never have guessed...
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:39 pm

I don't think Shev would've guessed either :lol:

But on a more serious note...

I don't think there's a need for a player's council myself. I think someone mentioned that this would just bring about one more opportunity for favoritism on the MUD. Who would choose the council? The players? Then the most popular--and not necessarily brightest--players would be on the council. Would the Imms choose the council members? Then the Imms' favorites would sit on the council. That's not a backhanded attack, it's just a fact of life that everybody has favorites in everything, that's why there are terms like "teacher's pet" or "apple of his mother's eye." Even though we may try to be as unbiased as possible, it just doesn't work out 100%.

That's one reason I think we don't need a council, or why I think it would be more a detriment than a benefit. But the main reason I don't think we need one is because I think that at least some of the Imms ARE listening to our woes and ARE making adjustments to make the game better. Even if it's something small, the Imms are still showing proof that they're listening. Look at the PSP grep issue that was brought up by a psi just last week or so. A week later and now psi/bard psp can be grep'd. Not a barn-burner, but that's still proof that someone was listening and took the time to make the adjustment to something minor.

As for Ofren's original post it seems clear to me that he tried his hardest to try and stay objective about things and not let whatever may've happened within the political frame of Sojourn 3 taint his post. That said, it's clear that he couldn't help himself, but I think he probably could've been a lot more harsh than what he wrote, and honestly he seemed to stay pretty middle of the road through quite a bit of the post. Not only that, while I disagree with some of his points I also agree with him on some others. This MUD is not new. Things have been added, things have been taken away, eq stats are VERY different (I take no issue with the eq changes, I've gotten used to them). But a lot of what I can see is exactly the same. That being said, I don't think Shev meant that this MUD is 100% completely absolutely a different MUD from Sojourn 3 when he said this was a new MUD. I'm a relatively new player, having played for just about exactly two years now and I can say that the biggest change from Sojourn 3 is the sense that the Imms are listening to concerns now. That takes away such a big load of frustration, it's amazing. As always, there is much room for improvement and I've heard that all is NOT 100% right in Immortal land, but that's for the Imms to deal with and so long as I don't see the outward effects of it, I don't really care.

Probably the other main thing that I agreed with Ofren on was the fact that just as the Imms get tired of being flamed, questioned, berated, etc. etc. I as a player am very saddened to see that some Imms have taken it upon themselves to post about how tiring it is for Imms to be flamed, questioned, berated, etc. etc. One post one time to get it off your chest? Fine, you're human. But I've seen more than one post by more than one Imm with the same message in it--we're humans, too, we've given you a free game to play and this is how you thank us, etc. etc. God, that's just as annoying to me to read as some of the flames that some people insist on making towards the Imms. Yeah, I know the Immortals are really just human, too, and have jobs, families, lives, etc. But Ofren's right--you chose to do this, no one made you. Along with the "glory" of Immortality comes the responsibility, you just cannot have your cake and eat it, too. I do realize that if y'all just one day boycotted then Toril would simply end and I would have to occupy my leisure time with something else and I do appreciate all of the hard work that's been done on this game (see above) but stop stooping to the level of the flamers and take the higher road. You're Immortals for goodness' sake. I could spend the same amount of time chastising the flamers but that doesn't do any good, I truly feel that the Immortals are more rational and may see beyond the harsh words and realize there's some truth to what I'm saying. I have faith in you guys. (On a side note--Shev, dude, you said you would stop responding to Ofren twice now, hehe)

In the end, though neither side probably wants to admit it, both Ofren and Shevarash made very valid points in their respective posts. The wounds are probably still fresh for both from the previous incarnations of this MUD but that's to be expected. Most likely both of you are very nice people in real life (real life? what's that?). There comes a time when we have to say to ourselves that we have to be the first person to let bygones be bygones.

I'm not sure if I offended anyone with this post. I just hope that the Imms and former Imms see what I was trying to say :) Thanks!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:46 pm

I knew I would forget something--

I think the GCC channel is an absolutely brilliant and democratic idea that the Imms did not have to utilize. However, I have not once seen it used, though I've heard from someone that they were involved in a discussion on it once. I play this game for an inordinate amount of time every day and have not once seen this channel turned on myself. Someone mentioned the idea of an Imm posting the logs of the discussions that were held. I think that's a fabulous idea that I'm sure the Imms would get behind since they were nice enough to decide to have a GCC channel in the first place and posting the log would foster the same attitude that the channel itself fosters. :)
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:47 pm

Birile wrote:I think the GCC channel is an absolutely brilliant and democratic idea that the Imms did not have to utilize. However, I have not once seen it used, though I've heard from someone that they were involved in a discussion on it once. I play this game for an inordinate amount of time every day and have not once seen this channel turned on myself. Someone mentioned the idea of an Imm posting the logs of the discussions that were held. I think that's a fabulous idea that I'm sure the Imms would get behind since they were nice enough to decide to have a GCC channel in the first place and posting the log would foster the same attitude that the channel itself fosters. :)

Couldn't agree more. Wondering if the time(s) it was turned on was perhaps during the day and not during peek?
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:46 pm

Sesexe wrote:
Birile wrote:I think the GCC channel is an absolutely brilliant and democratic idea that the Imms did not have to utilize. However, I have not once seen it used, though I've heard from someone that they were involved in a discussion on it once. I play this game for an inordinate amount of time every day and have not once seen this channel turned on myself. Someone mentioned the idea of an Imm posting the logs of the discussions that were held. I think that's a fabulous idea that I'm sure the Imms would get behind since they were nice enough to decide to have a GCC channel in the first place and posting the log would foster the same attitude that the channel itself fosters. :)

Couldn't agree more. Wondering if the time(s) it was turned on was perhaps during the day and not during peek?

No clue, all I know is I'm on for MANY hours each day and haven't seen the Imms mention it being turned on. While it would've been nice to take part in the discussion since I, like most of us who post, am opinionated, being able to read the discussion and add my feedback on the bbs would easily suffice!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”