America!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kwirl
Sojourner

America!

Postby kwirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:48 am

Boy, 11, charged in sexual assault of woman, 76
Wednesday, September 22, 2004 Posted: 11:37 PM EDT (0337 GMT)

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- An 11-year-old boy was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting a 76-year-old neighborhood woman in her home as three of his friends stood watch.

Police said that for a week before the attack, the boys had been "terrorizing" the woman in her house, repeatedly breaking in and taking cash and other items.

The woman, who lived alone, told police she was taking a sponge bath in the kitchen Friday when the 11-year-old walked in, demanded money and then ordered her to take off her clothes and go into the bedroom, according to court papers.

The boy's brother, a 13-year-old who was among the three other boys also charged, said he heard the woman say: "I'm just an old, half-crippled lady, I'm not going."

The woman said the 11-year-old put on a condom and tried to rape her, followed by a second boy.

The 11-year-old was charged in juvenile court with sexual assault and being a party to burglary and criminal trespassing. The other boys -- ages 11, 12 and 13 -- were charged with being a party to burglary and criminal trespassing.

In court Wednesday, the 11-year-old facing the less serious charges called out, "Hi, Mom" after spotting his adoptive mother.

"I'm very hurt because my son was raised as a good boy," she said outside court. She complained that police abused the boys to obtain confessions
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:57 am

The blood is on all of our hands.. this type of thing is sad.. very... but it is a reality in a country that sposed to be the greatest... something that I question every day. We ask how and why and immediately try to point a finger at what we thought is the point of blame... and so so often we forget to do one thing.. listen. The fact is that many things have become neglected that should not have and unfortunatly this is what happens when you neglect the things that really and truly matter. You could stand here and blame it on a grandfaloon of things.. but I don't think anyone really knows why our what causes these things to happen. Maybe if we took everyone at one time took that extra time just one morning a week to listen to a childs needs you would see less of this.. I really don't know.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:59 am

*roll*

Some asshole kids perform an assholish act and another couple of assholes decide that its a reflection upon an entire country.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:02 am

I posted the body of a news report, I did not say that it represented my opinion of the country. I found the article saddening and yet amusing.

It is interesting how you immediately objectify any opinion that doesn't seem to be your own as a personal assault on your values.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:05 am

Kwirl,

The title of the thread is 'America!'. You chose that title.

The purpose of the thread, as you mentioned was to post the body of a news report. A news report detailing a more or less routine sexual assault involving out of the ordinary participants. I have no idea what this particular sexual assault has to do with 'America!' but i would imagine that you didn't name this thread arbitrarily.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:08 am

you would imagine incorrectly, i used the first word that popped to mind that wasn't 'here'

it just so happens that i was reading political news in another window, and america was in the title of the page, thus the title of my post.
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:13 am

Then along come the asshole who thinks he has the answer.. but never has anything positive to say.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:20 am

While I hope not directed at me, I thought I would take this time to move the direction of this thread into a positive direction by saying something positive.

I like watching kittens play, and feel sad when they don't have homes.

I like to volunteer time to helping the homeless and educating old people at libraries about computers.

I cheer for the underdog at any football game that my team doesn't play in.

I don't actively hate 95% of the people who have publicly or privately communicated to me in various forms that the world would be happier if I ended my own life.

I am curious about people who draw conclusions easily.

I give money to strangers somewhat frequently, and don't write it off on my taxes.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:38 pm

This isn't a reflection of the country... its a reflection of shitty parents.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:42 pm

kwirl wrote:you would imagine incorrectly, i used the first word that popped to mind that wasn't 'here'

it just so happens that i was reading political news in another window, and america was in the title of the page, thus the title of my post.

uh-huh

Goddamned slippery mage.
muma
Sojourner

Kwirl

Postby muma » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:43 am

Kwirl, you just set yourself up :P and on purpose too. so that you can argue with someone here. I guess you must find it amusing so then more power to you..

It appears to me, that you want to be viewed as predictable....whether or not you really are.

Argue-happy!
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: America!

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:34 am

kwirl wrote:MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin

Woo!
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:48 am

Rofl, Muma owned Daz.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:30 pm

The story would have been much better if the 11 yr old kid hadn't used a condom, and the 76 yr old woman would have had a rare, incurable STD.

I mean surely some of these sick asshat rapists in this world have to pick a victim that has HIV, AIDs, Syphillis, or Gonnorhea some times, catch the disease and die a slow, agonizing death. How come we never hear possitive news stories like that in the media? CNN headline: "F*$#@%ked up assclown rapist dies today from complications caused by AIDs."

Yeah, so I'm sick. Whatever. At least darwinism would prevail!

P.S: No, I don't think rape or sexual assault is funny. I tend to think that it is actually worse than Murder in many ways. At least someone who is murdered doesn't have to live with the pain afterwards, as they are dead. I'd like to bring back capital punishment and mainly use it on convicted rapists. If I had my way they'd never be able to walk again, much less become a repeat offender.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:50 pm

Tanji Smanji wrote:Rofl, Muma owned Daz.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Anyway, you can't blame everything on parenting or video games, etc. It's a copout. Yes, environment has a good amount to do with how one is shaped, but at that age, peer preasure is the most influential thing, not one's parents. Even regardless of that fact, there is this thing called free will. I don't blame my parents for my drug abuse when I was a teenager. I don't blame my parents because I get overly upset at stupid people. These are things that I chose to do, not feel that I'm forced to because of a pent-up sexual tension, or because my parents only hugged me once a week, or I played the shit out of kung-fu on the NES as a kid. There are other influences of how one will turn out such as genetics, external events, etc...

Lets just quit parent bashing here. Sometimes is relative, but most cases it isn't.

Edit: I have to agree with corth as well...either you picked the title arbitrarily and are just retarded, or you were obviously intending to slam america and used an extreamly poor and played out example...and are retarded. Either way, you're retarded.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:26 pm

Dlur wrote:The story would have been much better if the 11 yr old kid hadn't used a condom, and the 76 yr old woman would have had a rare, incurable STD.

I mean surely some of these sick asshat rapists in this world have to pick a victim that has HIV, AIDs, Syphillis, or Gonnorhea some times, catch the disease and die a slow, agonizing death. How come we never hear possitive news stories like that in the media? CNN headline: "F*$#@%ked up assclown rapist dies today from complications caused by AIDs."

Yeah, so I'm sick. Whatever. At least darwinism would prevail!

P.S: No, I don't think rape or sexual assault is funny. I tend to think that it is actually worse than Murder in many ways. At least someone who is murdered doesn't have to live with the pain afterwards, as they are dead. I'd like to bring back capital punishment and mainly use it on convicted rapists. If I had my way they'd never be able to walk again, much less become a repeat offender.

bahahaahah!
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”