mitsubishi lancer

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Lalsed
Sojourner

mitsubishi lancer

Postby Lalsed » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:51 pm

hey everybody- sorry I'm never around anymore. I think my isp has the ports all blocked and crap so I can't get on, but whatever, alot going on anyways.

But hey, I was looking into getting a car sometime soon-ish. Maybe like april or something. But I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the mitsubishi lancer, specifically the 2003, but whatever is cool.

Just wondering about the repair record, how much you like it, you know, all the usual. So yeah, tell me what you can. Of course I went and talked tyo the dealer and he made it sound awesome, but, you know how that goes.

Anyways, any good information based on _experience_ would be cool, that is, if anyone has one of these or knows someone who does.

So cool, thanks.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:39 pm

The Mitsubishi Lancer 2003 isn't quite old enough to have displayed any particularly chronic problems, however, so far it's been a reliable vehicle. The Lancer has displayed minor problems with the powertrain, particularly syncros on the manual transmission, and the electronic control module on the automatic transmission, but this shouldn't be an issue considering Mitsubishi's warranty on its powertrains.

Another minor problem noted is a tendancy for the blower motor to fail (the thing that blows the air in the car) due to faulty wiper pivot grommets. Not a huge issue, but you may be expecting to replace this thing a few years down the road.

There are also some other minor electronic issues with the vehicle, all again, nothing major.

The only real issue of particular note or concern are the factory installed brakes. During your initial drive-in (first thousand miles), the rotors have a tendancy to glaze, thus giving you squeaky brakes.

Taking it easy initially will help, as will installing different rotors/pads.

Overall, the Lancer is an excellent vehicle where reliability is concerned.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:03 pm

If you don't buy the lancer, I will slap you in the face. That car is one of my favs by far. You won't be upset with the purchase.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:31 pm

so this isp, is it one you pay for? if so i would bitch like hell to get them to undo it. Heh if you pay for internet, you should get the whole internet.

mud on webtv! WOOT!
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Grunelda
Sojourner

Postby Grunelda » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:34 pm

I live in the sticks in the midwest. My neighbor is working on his second Lancer now. he trades every year, and has only good things to say about it. He likes the awd, and thinks its pretty sporty. He did line up with me in my Tacoma and of course got smoked in the 1/4 rather handily. (not the Evo)

Gets a good recommendation from accross the fence!
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:19 am

German engineering all the way, the rest just suck. Don't bother responding I wont reply enjoy!
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:23 am

I don't care if you reply or not, but Japanese engineering > German.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"

Return to “General Discussion Archive”