Moral Dilema ..............................................

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ambar
Sojourner

Moral Dilema ..............................................

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:37 am

Moral dielmma .. sorta related (to Teej's pet transport thread), sorta not

how far do you get involved with someone who has a very sick pit bull, and who cannot afford to take him to the vet? it isnt that he doesnt WANT to, he cannot afford to

-Jennifer
Last edited by Ambar on Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:44 am

Ambar wrote:Moral dielmma .. sorta related, sorta not

how far do you get involved with someone who has a very sick pit bull, and who cannot afford to take him to the vet? it isnt that he doesnt WANT to, he cannot afford to

-Jennifer

You...

Nah... better not. ;)

More seriously, if I had the free money I'd probably offer to help with the costs. But then I'm an evil liberal...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:05 am

.... hrrm .. I cant afford to help :(
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:08 am

Ambar wrote:Sarvis you dont know me but from responses to posts .. dont make judgements you have no clue about ...

hrrm .. I cant afford to help :(

I didn't make any judgements.

However you've never shown any restraint in judging me.

Got that leash ready?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:51 am

Sheesh personal attack much? Defensive much? Cut this crap out already. This is a perfectly viable thread where the aim is ADMIRABLE. Take your pettiness off this BBS.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:01 am

Sarvis wrote:I didn't make any judgements. *Judgement of Self*

However you've never shown any restraint in judging me. *Judgement of Ambar*

Got that leash ready? *Dumb Remark*

Sarvis wrote:You...

Nah... better not. ;) *Asinine Spectacle*

Ambar wrote:how far do you get involved with someone who has a very sick pit bull, and who cannot afford to take him to the vet? it isnt that he doesnt WANT to, he cannot afford to *good point, but we should not fear involvement. you can always walk away from something you cannot help further*

Shar wrote:Sheesh personal attack much? Defensive much? Cut this crap out already. This is a perfectly viable thread where the aim is ADMIRABLE. Take your pettiness off this BBS. *I love you Mom*
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:09 am

Shar wrote:Sheesh personal attack much? Defensive much? Cut this crap out already. This is a perfectly viable thread where the aim is ADMIRABLE. Take your pettiness off this BBS.

Shar, you've made me change my signature because it was offensive, despite it only containing quotes of other people, and then twice made responses to "cut this crap out" immediately after my posts in the last week. Meanwhile you let other offensive sigs stand and pretty much ignore the flame war Teflor continued without me in that other thread almost without comment, and completely without the personal threats levied against us when I was involved. Yet you still claim to not be singling me out...

If you can't see what Ambar has done and is doing to upset me... well, then fine. But I fail to see how pointing out <i>things she has actually done</i> is a personal attack or being defensive.

Interesting that her post was edited though.

Don't worry, I'm done with this thread. I never had any intention of derailing it beyond one quick joke. Too bad no one can take a joke around here.

EDIT: Oh, and her sig is gone. I can only wonder at this point if you did it or if Ambar finally figured it out.

Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Sarvis, I did not edit her thread nor did I edit yours. I read them both in their entirety and posted to BOTH OF YOU. If you take things personally, its because it hits home. Yeah. I ask you to cut it out a lot. Take the hint.

Do I single you out? Yeah. You offend people with your posts and then *I* get complaints about them. I get/do the same thing from/with several other posters. You are the only one who continually posts in response to my requests to "cut it out".

I tell this to everyone whos posts are habitually flaming, not just you. How many times do I have to state this? If you feel like you are being picked on or threatened, its because you are. Change the behavior or make me modify it. It really is that easy.

Btw, MOST bbs sigs are fine. Yours was over the line. Simple.

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:30 pm

Sarvis wrote:Shar, you've made me change my signature because it was offensive, despite it only containing quotes of other people

Let me try to explain this Sarvis. Again, what I had said to you was in one thread on the mud related to one specific comment and given to you as a specific response for those already in the thread who wanted to see it.

Your problem is threefold:

1) You spread it all over the forums whereever you had posted for everyone to see.

2) You take no responsibility for what you parrot like some sort of mindless monkey parrot drone beast.

3) You seem to believe that somehow, quoting something offensive isn't offensive.

Now I understand you may find the fact that I am the one trying to explain this to you offensive:

Tough Nuggets.

I'm just trying to help you out here, since you don't seem to understand (you keep asking about it, or stating it in such a way that it seems you dont' believe you've done anything wrong)

Lastly, I'd like to point out that if someone had said "(player) is a dog shit taco." And I posted that on my signature, quoting them. I'm sure Mom would ask me to remove it as well.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:36 pm

-Jennifer

Are you asking about your personal relationship with this guy, or are you asking about how much help to offer him with the sick dog?

And what does the dog have?

If the problem is that he just cannot afford to take the dog to the vet, then it shows his heart is at least in the right place and that he's trying - Vet's get really expensive really quickly - one of my coworkers dogs got hit by a car recently, and the bill came to $4,000. He didn't have that kind of money, but also wasn't interested in the alternative, the $50 it costs to put the dog down. After speaking to his parents and friends, he was able to come up with the money, fortunately, mostly from his mom. And from forgoing a months payment on his mortgage. Now, I'm not saying that this is a healthy thing to do, but, just something to think about. People generally understand the emotional connection between dog and owner, and are willing to help out if they can...
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:42 pm

Shar wrote:Sarvis, I did not edit her thread nor did I edit yours. I read them both in their entirety and posted to BOTH OF YOU. If you take things personally, its because it hits home. Yeah. I ask you to cut it out a lot. Take the hint.

Do I single you out? Yeah. You offend people with your posts and then *I* get complaints about them. I get/do the same thing from/with several other posters. You are the only one who continually posts in response to my requests to "cut it out".

I tell this to everyone whos posts are habitually flaming, not just you. How many times do I have to state this? If you feel like you are being picked on or threatened, its because you are. Change the behavior or make me modify it. It really is that easy.

Shar, I'll ask you the same question I did back in the letter from Kerry thread. Can you point out where I was flaming anyone? I did not flame anyone, at all, in this thread.

Maybe you hadn't seen Ambar's sig, which is now gone, but it was nothing but a flame directed at me. It was offensive, and yet nothing at all has been said to her. Nothing was said "to both of us" until I made my second post in this thread.

If you are relying solely on complaints received, maybe you should do some investigation. Maybe go and read the threads where I'm supposedly being offensive. You'll probably find things like Teflor swearing at me and Ambar insulting me and comparing me to her ex-husband.

Maybe then you'd be able to point out where I've flamed anyone too.

Grunelda
Sojourner

Postby Grunelda » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:43 pm

Ambar,

I live in a town with a Vet School. They as a public service often take animals in at a very reduced cost or free. If I picked up a stray dog that was sick, they would take it no charge. They take every injured wild animaal at no charge. If I took my dog in and told them I had limited funds they would work with me to spread out payments, or talk to teachers to get a reduction.

No most towns dont have a school I know. The point is, our school is one of the top in the nation and it churns out Vets that were taught this philanthropy from day one. It never hurts to call a few vets and ask. My UPS man (who often walks through back yards and place most ppl dont go) has hauled many sick, or abandoned dogs to private vets at no charge when he took the time to explain the situation.

Its hard to ask, but you know that dog cant ask for itself. Sometimes they need someone to be thier voice.

Grunelda

3 German shepards, 1 goat, 1 arabian, 2 Qtr Horses and a Bobcat that eats my Yard cats.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:49 pm

Sarvis wrote:Shar, I'll ask you the same question I did back in the letter from Kerry thread. Can you point out where I was flaming anyone? I did not flame anyone, at all, in this thread.

Maybe you hadn't seen Ambar's sig, which is now gone, but it was nothing but a flame directed at me. It was offensive, and yet nothing at all has been said to her. Nothing was said "to both of us" until I made my second post in this thread.

If you are relying solely on complaints received, maybe you should do some investigation. Maybe go and read the threads where I'm supposedly being offensive. You'll probably find things like Teflor swearing at me and Ambar insulting me and comparing me to her ex-husband.

Shar, please don't respond to this. He's not worth your time. I don't think I'm going to respond much to him after this either.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Grun's right.. we've got a few vets in my town, I don't know what the policy is for most of them.. but I've actually ran into the problem of havin one of my cats get sick and not bein able to pay for it at the time..They helped me work out a payment plan so that the cat got taken care of as she needed, instead of me havin to save up and then get her taken care of... I would definately call around to different vets and see what you can do.. I know around here if all the animal needs are shots they don't charge for an office visit, just the price for the shots.. *shrug* something to think about ;)
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:11 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Shar wrote:Sarvis, I did not edit her thread nor did I edit yours. I read them both in their entirety and posted to BOTH OF YOU. If you take things personally, its because it hits home. Yeah. I ask you to cut it out a lot. Take the hint.

Shar, I'll ask you the same question I did back in the letter from Kerry thread. Can you point out where I was flaming anyone? I did not flame anyone, at all, in this thread.

Sarvis, how do you know I haven't spoken with Ambar or anyone else for that matter? If you were online ingame, maybe I could talk to you in some other form. You choose to continually attack people in this medium so I respond via this medium. You also have a "holier than thou" attitude. The combo of those two things makes for a very interesting series of posts. Not everything you post is out of line but a good portion of it is just fodder. Shhhhhhh.

In response to your request that I do some research, I've been doing this for a LONG time. I do my job well but I thank you for the advice. Here's some for you. Stop flaming. Stop responding to those who flame you. Fuel for the fire is what you are. Just stop. It is extremely simple.

Thanks.

Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:40 pm

-Jennifer

I'd say, as far as taking them in for an exam to get an estimate on how much it's going to cost. Any more then that jen, and you're really getting involved with it.

Now for some playful humor.

Ways to fix a broke pit bull you can't afford:

Option A- Drive em to the local SPCA.

Option B- Buy a shovel.

Option C- (A or B) + buy a cat and attach a fake dog nose to the front with with a rubber band, and a dog barking collar.

Option D- (A or B) + Buy a Plush toy stuffed pit bull.

Option E- Drive em to a Taxidermist.

Option F- Start a "Save 'Babyeater' the friendly Pit Bull" donation drive campaign and hand out flyers. (Preferably if you own the dog)

Option G- Hot glue rubber dog ears and nose to a newly shaved Sarvis and implant fake dog tail in rear end (made from #9 buttplug, 18 inch metal rod, and 5 pounds of used dog hair). Replace pit bull with new Pit Bull Mutiod Mudder Clone. (Please remember to insert gag in mouth before attempting swap).

Oh I'm just playing, and Sar, ya know I luv ya. ;) *snoogie*
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:57 pm

I know nothing on this subject but felt like posting anyways so here's my 2 cents.

How involved are you with them already? is this a boyfriend? a guy you like? or what? If it's a longterm bf then i'd say get involved if it's some random guy on the street then go check if the dog has rabies shrug you're kinda asking for an opinion w/o giving us too much info so it's hard to give ya one.

As far as the dog is concerened i think others have covered that already call around see what you can do (assuming you want to get involved with the guy.)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 pm

Shar wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

Sarvis, how do you know I haven't spoken with Ambar or anyone else for that matter? If you were online ingame, maybe I could talk to you in some other form. You choose to continually attack people in this medium so I respond via this medium. You also have a "holier than thou" attitude. The combo of those two things makes for a very interesting series of posts. Not everything you post is out of line but a good portion of it is just fodder. Shhhhhhh.

In response to your request that I do some research, I've been doing this for a LONG time. I do my job well but I thank you for the advice. Here's some for you. Stop flaming. Stop responding to those who flame you. Fuel for the fire is what you are. Just stop. It is extremely simple.

Thanks.

Shar, again I asked for specific examples of me insulting or flaming people. You claim I continually attack people, but have yet to point to a single attack and say "here is where you attacked someone."

Holier than thou attitude? Maybe. I wouldn't say that it was without reason though. People get that attitude when they act in such a way as to draw it out of me.

I haven't flamed anyone in this thread. Not you, not Ambar, not even Teflor. Yet here you are telling me to stop flaming.

Not like Arlin and Tasan who flamed the hell out of Kwirl just for asking a question. Not like Ambar who flames anyone having a discussion longer than she'd like.

Maybe I slip up now and then, but in general I try to at least avoid actual flaming. So again I ask, point out where I'm flaming people.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:04 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Shar wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

Thanks.

Shar, again I asked for specific examples of me insulting or flaming people. You claim I continually attack people, but have yet to point to a single attack and say "here is where you attacked someone."

Holier than thou attitude? Maybe. I wouldn't say that it was without reason though. People get that attitude when they act in such a way as to draw it out of me.

I haven't flamed anyone in this thread. Not you, not Ambar, not even Teflor. Yet here you are telling me to stop flaming.

Not like Arlin and Tasan who flamed the hell out of Kwirl just for asking a question. Not like Ambar who flames anyone having a discussion longer than she'd like.

Maybe I slip up now and then, but in general I try to at least avoid actual flaming. So again I ask, point out where I'm flaming people.

guys can we move this to a diff thread or something this thread was meant to be about a sick dog and a guy who Ambar likes or wants or whatever....

Pril
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:12 pm

roll eyes. No, Sarvis. I'm done with this. Dealing with this issue gives me a headache. You always ask for people to debate your "points". I'm done playing your game now. See, thats how you stop posting to someone who only wishes to antagonize you.

This thread is so lame that I wish it had never been started.

Sorry Ambar for everyone, myself included, for fully hijacking your question.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:46 pm

Shar,

My comments in this thread would have ended at Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm if you hadn't come in to accuse me of flaming and attacking people.

I am not at all surprised that you had to give up, since you couldn't even point to anything in this thread as evidence of my "constant attacks."

No, I am not here trying to piss people off and create trouble. I'm just getting very sick of being bitched at <i>every single time</i> I make a post by the various people who think they control this board somehow. Granted, Shar, you actually do... but that is no excuse for my having to put up with everyone elses crap.

I'd _like_ to be able to just have some good discussions around here. I remember days gone by when we'd have 20 page long threads arguing about God or Guns or other things, without people telling us to stop posting or getting edgy around people that make new threads, without imms having to constantly tell people to stop flaming each other... justified or not.

Lately though this place feels very unwelcoming. Worse than RPGCodex even, and the people there _hate_ me.

I think Ambar and I are reaching an understanding, now that she finally got my hint as to what was pissing me off. I'm willing to continue ignoring Teflor even though he will likely continue butting into every discussion I post in despite it's lack of relevance to him.

What about you though Shar? Can I expect to be reprimanded after every joke?

Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:54 pm

You wanted an example of you flaming, so here you go:

I'm willing to continue ignoring Teflor even though he will likely continue butting into every discussion I post in despite it's lack of relevance to him.

Can we get this thread back on track now?
V
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Lock it/Remove it already.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:20 pm

That's not a flame, that's what Teflor has been doing. Every time I post in any thread he tries to pick a fight with me, he wasn't mentioned at all in this discussion by me until my last post yet look at how many posts he's made in this thread.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:16 pm

GET FUCKING LIVES.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:16 pm

All well and good to move the responses to it's own thread, but whomever picked the title of the thread is just continuing the crap. It was a question she asked, and she's posted twice in this entire thread. So, next time title it something not so stupid? Thanks.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:21 pm

This is a post about a dog. Leave it at dogs. Period.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:28 pm

Sarvis wrote:Interesting that her post was edited though.

Just information, she edited the post right after she posted it. You just happened to be on and responded pretty instantly. (I was talking to her on the phone when she posted then edited.) Just FYI.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:39 pm

Sarvis ... look ... I responded to a nice damn thread about animals and accidently included my damn signature .. I quickly realized that it wasnt a place to put it so I edited the post and removed the signature ..

but not fast enough for you to frigging quote me (i edited THREE minutes before you quoted me)

can you friggin leave what argument happened between us around election time (THREE months ago) the hell alone

leave me alone .. I dont even THINK about you anymore .. I'm not even remotely angry at you .. I could care less about you or what you do... I dont post about you, I dont mention your name ... i have the sig so i can giggle to MYSELF .. i never use it .. i just forgot to uncheck it (defaulted ON) .. do the manly thing alone and LET IT FUCKING DIE!!!

you bring my name up in every thread you post in

why?

am i THAT important to you??

as far as this thread ..

this guy works for me ... i dont like him as a friend, im not close to him .. THAT is why i posted a response in a friggin PET thread ... not a "flame bait" thread ...

the guy had TWO pit bulls originally and arranged for a girl who works for me to pick up one of the dogs .. she does and finds a horrendously sick animal ...

she takes it to petsmart and they try to accuse her of animal abuse ... she quicky informs them that it wasnt her dog ...

the vet bill came to $600 ... he has two kinda of worms, and some other stuff wrong with him .. all curable stuff ..

now she couldnt afford to pay the bill, so the vet agreed to keep the animal, they'd medicate it and find it a good home

the moral dillema came when the girl wanted to call animal control on the original owner and i told her not to

so .. it wasnt even ME involved! she works for me too and called me asking for advice ...

-Jennifer
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:46 pm

Ambar,

You may have kept the sig to "giggle to yourself" but it was pretty offensive to me. Seeing it in PMs from you didn't help matters.

You're upset that I bring your name up in every thread? (not that I'm sure I do.) How would you feel if I actually insulted you in every post?

That is what you were doing to me.

The entire point of my last, offensive, signature was for you to at some point realize the irony of agreeing with Teflor that I needed leashing when his idea of a civil post is to swear as much as possible.

Arilin:

Yeah, I have no life... heh.

D'oh.

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:48 pm

Personally, if I knew about a case of potential animal abuse, I would start by confronting the owner (if I knew them well) and then would contact Animal Services if the behavior was not corrected.

Call me a softy, but that's how it is.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:51 pm

rer wrote:Personally, if I knew about a case of potential animal abuse, I would start by confronting the owner (if I knew them well) and then would contact Animal Services if the behavior was not corrected.

Call me a softy, but that's how it is.

yupper, agree .. thats why I told her not to call on him til i got the chance to talk to him

turns out he IS getting the dog treated ... there is a vet on a nearby Army base that will do it for lots cheaper .. (maybe a payment plan?? not too sure)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:55 pm

ooo by the by .. fabulous idea, Grun .. will have to look into that if the situation ever comes up again

I need new resources about daily .. I have over 140 people working for me that have different problems .. whether it be financial, personal, medical, etc

fun stuff

-J
Grunelda
Sojourner

Postby Grunelda » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:57 pm

I live out in the sticks, between a college town and a military base. ppl are always driving out here and just dumping dogs in the country. I caught a guy one time and confronted him and he nearly beat the hell out me. Scared me to death. Better leave the confrontation to the pros - call the law or animal ppl. Give them loads of info and they do thier jobs well most of the time.

IF I knew them then they would have hell to pay.

And Softies rock!

Grunelda
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:00 am

Grunelda wrote:I live out in the sticks, between a college town and a military base. ppl are always driving out here and just dumping dogs in the country. I caught a guy one time and confronted him and he nearly beat the hell out me. Scared me to death. Better leave the confrontation to the pros - call the law or animal ppl. Give them loads of info and they do thier jobs well most of the time.

IF I knew them then they would have hell to pay.

And Softies rock!

Grunelda

There was something like that on 20/20 or something a couple weeks ago. They had cameras set up to catch people littering on highways, and they caught one guy tossing a bag full of puppies into a huge pile of garbage on the side of the road. :(

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:05 am

Sarvis, stop trying to attack me like you do in _EVERY_ thread.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:12 am

HEY! Seriously if you don't have something to add to the thread ABOUT A DOG then don't post here.

God you guys can be annoying as all hell sometimes. Really i don't care who's pissing who off weather sarvis is pissing off teflor or teflor is pissing off sarvis the 2 of you are pissing everyone off so stop it!
------------------------------------------------------

On the subject:

Yeah it does suck when people toss bags of puppies or kittens or whatever on the side of the road since (and i'm not sure about this correct me if i'm wrong) animal shelters will take them in for free.

Pril
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:29 am

Teflor, that was out of line. I'm sure you can figure out why.

Can this stupid issue be done yet? My gosh.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:49 am

Pril, Shar...

I'd just like to point out that I have not said a single thing to Teflor in this entire thread. Not one response to him.

So why am I one of two people who are pissing everyone off? Why is it "you guys" when I'm ignoring him completely? He is the only one ranting at this point, the one who's posts prompted Pril's last post...

Yet everything he does somehow reflects badly on me...

Sorry, I had tried to send each of you PMs rather than further pollute this thread... and even tried to mmail Shar but her inbox is full.

I promise no more off topic posts in this thread for me!

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:57 am

Yes Pril they will.. I've done it around here.. but they hold them for 10 days before allowing anyone to adopt them, or see them to watch for rabies.. but if you sign a paper saying that you don't think they have it they put them up for adoption sooner.. I know around here the shelter only keeps them about a month then they umm..dispose of them :(
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:22 am

Sarvis wrote:I'd just like to point out that I have not said a single thing to Teflor in this entire thread. Not one response to him.

Ahem:

Sarvis wrote:That's not a flame, that's what Teflor has been doing.

Sarvis wrote:I'm willing to continue ignoring Teflor even though he will likely continue butting into every discussion I post in despite it's lack of relevance to him.

Sarvis wrote:You'll probably find things like Teflor swearing at me and Ambar insulting me and comparing me to her ex-husband.

Those are just from this thread, not to speak of all the others. I seriously cannot help you if you are that far lacking in reason.

(and my favorite)
Sarvis wrote:Don't worry, I'm done with this thread.

Sarvis wrote:I promise no more off topic posts in this thread for me!

(we'll see)

Sarvis, I hope you learn something soon.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:53 am

Sarvis wrote:Lately though this place feels very unwelcoming. Worse than RPGCodex even, and the people there _hate_ me.

*sigh* Sarvis, no one _hates_ you. It's not like you've eaten their children or anything.

And it's not like it's too late to give up the things that are making you unwelcome.
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:30 am

Pril wrote:[On the subject:

Yeah it does suck when people toss bags of puppies or kittens or whatever on the side of the road since (and i'm not sure about this correct me if i'm wrong) animal shelters will take them in for free.

Pril

not entirely true unfortunaly, most shelters do ask a fee for taking unwanted pets. At least they do here in canada

a very good question to ask is if the animal is going to be able to function pain free after the procedures.

in many cases the damage is so great the poor creature finds winters to be total agony.

my own cat has a tumor on his back.. hes 16... they recommend we leave it unless it seriously hampers him.

the qustion is not if you love your pet, but will the pet have any quality of life?
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Local Animal Rights Groups

* Vegan Action -- (804) 254-8346
P.O. Box 4288, Richmond, VA 23220
Email: info@vegan.org

* Voices For Animals -- (434) 979-1200
170 Rugby Rd., Charlottesville, VA 22903
Email: VoicesVirginia@aol.com

There are many other organizations listed here: http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rmm7e/phonebook.html#AR

Try any of them, and I'm sure you will find people that want to help in any way possible.

Good luck Jen.

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:00 pm

Deshana wrote:the qustion is not if you love your pet, but will the pet have any quality of life?

I agree. It's difficult to know when, but we must be careful not to use our loved ones, but to do what is best for them.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:56 am

I personally vote for eating the pet, but then I've always been accused to being too nice.

P.S. Call the vet on great neck road, they've worked with people in the past to set up payment options.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
rockers
Sojourner

Postby rockers » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:14 am

Tanji Smanji wrote:I personally vote for eating the pet, but then I've always been accused to being too nice.

P.S. Call the vet on great neck road, they've worked with people in the past to set up payment options.

Luckily i'm vegeterian heheheheheheh :oops:
Yours Ugly,
Froggie The Soul Slayer
ImageUnited We are Strong....
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:57 am

i concur.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:53 am

sok wrote:i concur.

With eating the pet or being a vegie?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:41 am

Kifle wrote:
sok wrote:i concur.

With eating the pet or being a vegie?

Eating the pet of course.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”