why i left, volume 2...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Larem
Sojourner

why i left, volume 2...

Postby Larem » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:49 am

since my last post, was moved or deleted, let me do this again :P

and, incase you are wondering "gods" i'm writing this for the players, not for you......

i left the mud because i got tired of being harassed by the gods for no apparent reason, had it just been on ooc, that's cool, ooc is where everyone meets to discuss music, movies and make fun of eachother.

when it's on GCC which is, as we've all been told hundreds of times, for the use of discussing and sujesting ideas and code for the game, it's not there for a chat channel or to make fun of people.

GCC isn't the only place i was being harassed, i was getting ptells everyday harassing me. I'm sure they all are justified (/sarcasm)

One day i may return, when there is a set of rules in place that everyone follows, this includes the gods. Right now they either have too much time on their hands, or on a perm power-trip. The whole "i can break the law because i am the enforcer of it" may work irl, with police and judges and polititions, but i'd rather not be around that kinda stuff when i'm mudding to forget reality.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:35 am

Larem, I was joking with you, and I apologized twice publically. We tease you becase we like you and you're a good sport about it. If you felt harassed all you had to do was say so. :)

I hope you come back to play - you are a valuable member of this community and I for one will miss you if you choose not to play.

Cheers and good luck.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:47 am

Yay, now that that's settled, get yer butt back in the game :)
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:41 am

Who pissed in your rasin brain, gerin? He's probably trying to pass a piss test or something :)
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Kifle wrote:Who pissed in your rasin brain, gerin? He's probably trying to pass a piss test or something :)

LoL. Gerin, did you quit smoking man? And if you're feeling harassed by someone other than me, it means I'm not harrassing you enuf!!

Point is, get yer ass back in the game d00d!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:44 pm

It is possible to harass him back into the game...
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:47 pm

I miss you Larim, and I wish you'd get your butt back.

But he does bring up a good point. I still haven't bothered turning GCC back on, because I thought it was supposed to have a specific purpose, but I've never heard any "official" business conducted on it when I was tuned in, only the typical stuff... insults, bragging, personal stuff... I've seen all sorts of vulgarities on that channel I never would have expected on an "official" channel. Wasn't there supposed to be a reason for GCC, or is just another OOC outlet? I'd really like to know, because if it's going to be used as something official, I'd like to leave it on, but if it's going to be used the way it has been, I have no desire to have that spamming across my screen. It seems a shame that we have to choose to turn on what's basically another OOC channel just so we can be sure we don't miss something important.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: why i left, volume 2...

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:37 am

Larem wrote:since my last post, was moved or deleted, let me do this again :P

and, incase you are wondering "gods" i'm writing this for the players, not for you......

i left the mud because i got tired of being harassed by the gods for no apparent reason, had it just been on ooc, that's cool, ooc is where everyone meets to discuss music, movies and make fun of eachother.

when it's on GCC which is, as we've all been told hundreds of times, for the use of discussing and sujesting ideas and code for the game, it's not there for a chat channel or to make fun of people.

GCC isn't the only place i was being harassed, i was getting ptells everyday harassing me. I'm sure they all are justified (/sarcasm)

One day i may return, when there is a set of rules in place that everyone follows, this includes the gods. Right now they either have too much time on their hands, or on a perm power-trip. The whole "i can break the law because i am the enforcer of it" may work irl, with police and judges and polititions, but i'd rather not be around that kinda stuff when i'm mudding to forget reality.

I deleted a very angry post directed at you last year, Larim, so while you're angry at the imms for apparently arbitrarily smacking you down, you might want to consider how irate you made quite a few people during last summer. Many times, when I or someone from my groups attempted to form or re-form a group on GCC you would start screaming and spamming us about how we were violating the rules. Then you would disappear and ignore all the GCCs where trolls were challenging paladins to fight, people were making jokes, comments about Thanuk's mom were exchanged, and other completely unrelated stuff. If we started attempting to use it to form a group, you would show up again - but then and only then.

It quickly became apparent that you used the GCC rules selectively to harass people. You were not an imm, and you did not bother to apply your invective against people who violated the rules. You threatened to call the imms on people who ignored your tells, and were generally nonconducive to the cause of courtesy and a pleasant gaming experience.

This may be an impolite place for me to bring this up, but I can think of no more appropriate place. In all honesty, that has, for the past several months, been my strongest and most lasting impression of you. Reading this thread, which is, amazingly, about GCC, brought that to mind.

I, too, have made a statement about the need for everyone to follow GCC rules. How coincidental is that?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Larem
Sojourner

hrm..

Postby Larem » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:20 am

you obviously have me confused with someone else mori, i did however, when i still played, bitch at people for abusing lfg channel as a chat channel, because i kept it on to know if i'm needed for grouping, not to hear people talk
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:03 pm

Just come back already, I'm bored.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:08 pm

And Kifle misses your mangina!!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:19 pm

nah, it's more his man-tits. His mangina is a bit smelly, so we just keep it to oral most times.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:17 am

Kifle wrote:nah, it's more his man-tits. His mangina is a bit smelly, so we just keep it to oral most times.

:o
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:20 am

Dude you better not leave I swear if you do I am gonna get so angry and hunt you down. I expect to see you on tomorrow. If not I am going to sic this guy after you.

Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:32 am

Larem you have PM on this web-site go read it I forgot to add that to the above post.

fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:40 am

goddamnit crumar that's f'd up :(
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:44 pm

wtf crumar, where'd you get that picture of klandan?
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:45 pm

I know I rock now log on already :P

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:29 pm

Japanese PT is so clean! You could eat off the floors!

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:50 pm

can i borrow your eq while u are on vacation? i know you dont know me but i'm pretty thrustworthy. so when u come back just ass for it and i will give it to u.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:56 pm

Larem wrote:wtf crumar, where'd you get that picture of klandan?

thats not klandan, you can clearly see that its Dartan
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:05 pm

no, ruxur, that's in no way shape or form, dartan. We all know dartan is like the olsen twins........young, immature, and brain dead
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:15 pm

Larem wrote:no, ruxur, that's in no way shape or form, dartan. We all know dartan is like the olsen twins........young, immature, and brain dead

Animosity much? :P
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:44 pm

not sure what that big long word means rer, so let me put it this way, Dartan wants my wang, but i hate him, so he tries to start crap with me, because he wants my wang, and i hate him....so i lash back out in some insulting way because, i hate him......but, he still wants my wang
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:43 pm

Everybody wants your wang Larim, how does that make Dartan different?

Besides the "hating him" part, that is.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:31 am

Glad you stuck around, now if you would only log on more often.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”