FIONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:06 am

Have to agree with Kifle on this one... I've met very few women who don't turn around and say something nasty about a friend's outfit, weight, or appearance in general in my ear after just complimenting that same thing to the other girl's face.

Granted, this does not happen 100% of the time, nor is it 100% of girls/women, but it does happen frequently enough for even a "poor, dumb" male like myself to have picked up on it.

Perhaps some of the more enlightened women out there, like Kelly, Becky, Hei or Laurel, women who have actually met me, can speak more to my "misogynistic" tendencies, but I honestly think I am a relatively nice guy (who may, or may not, like to make out with girls a lot while incredibly intoxicated). Yes, I do tend to call it like it is, but I don't believe I do so in an intentionally hurtful fashion.

Should it matter that I am more attracted to a petite woman? Just because I am attracted to a specific girl does NOT mean that another man is, and vice versa. While I am more of a legs and ass man, there are plenty of guys out there who are more interested in breasts. There are some who like a "meatier" woman. There are some who will only date anorexic women. Honestly, it doesn't matter. I've dated girls with differences in hair color, body style, height, breast size, waist size - some of them physically appealing, some not; some emotionally appealing, some not; some intellectually appealing, some (very much) not. What is constant is that the relationships that were the most fun are the ones where at least 2 of the three major areas clicked - physical, emotional, intellectual. And, honestly, usually, where duration is concerned, physical attraction was one of the clicks.

From the opposite perspective, I do know that there are girls who have dated me for all of the above reasons - I am certainly no Brad Pitt, but I will occasionally find a woman who finds me physically attractive. I am not Stephen Hawking, but there are women who find me intellectually intriguing. I am happy with who I am on every level. Are there things in my life that I would change? Hell yes - and I do. I realized I wasn't making as much money as I wanted, nor am I doing something that interests me, so I got a new job (that is taking for ever to materialize - stupid government security clearances).

Anyhow, before this gets too much more long winded, my point is, Be Happy With Who You Are, And Others Will Be Happy With You Too. Not everyone will, but you don't need everyone to like you to be a success in life.
Kesena
Sojourner

Postby Kesena » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:32 am

Guess I'm just being niave then, just cause i don't do it, doesn't mean they don't. *shrug*
Truth be told, I don't have many female friends, just a lot of female acquaintances. Most find my hobbies more than a little odd *grin*.

I have to admit, i was out of line with the misogynist comment, my apologies to all who may have felt personally targeted. I've been a lil touchy lately. sorry guys.
Gre'as'anto Lani
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:45 am

Are you stalking her right now Larem? Is this why we haven't seen you log on in a few days?
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609

Return to “General Discussion Archive”