Should Jackson fry for his actions?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

Should Jackson fry?

Yes.
27%
No.
12%
He should fry as should the parents of the kids. After all what kinda sick parents let their kids sleep over at a grown mans house?
35%
If he's stupid enough to not show up to court and get a warrant for his arrest then he should fry quickly.
No votes
I have no opinion until the jury of his peers decides what i should think.
27%

Total votes: 26
Pril
Sojourner

Should Jackson fry for his actions?

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:32 pm

Whatcha think?
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:41 pm

I think you should have another option, or get rid of one of them....

You forgot, (If he is convicted) I trust the courts to make the right decision in this matter, and think its wrong to judge before the jury is back. If he is found guilty based on the evidence, then yes he should fry.

Manditory castration for child molesters imo.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:44 pm

If "fry" refer to the death penalty then I vote no.

Unfortunatly court tv havent reached Denmark yet. It also took totally long time before OJ came to europe.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:48 pm

To clarify... by "fry" i meant "be punished"... although in my eyes death penalty for child molesters is perfectly fine.

Pril
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:02 pm

In the past, whenever the topic of conversation turned to MJ, almost invariably, someone would ask, "What kind of parents would let their children stay overnight with michael jackson?" Well, that question has been answered in the current legal debacle. Manipulative money grubbing parents that apparently have little regard for the well being of their children. That is not to say that MJ didn't molest the kid. However, following the current trial, its become apparent that the accusers have as many skeletons in their closet as MJ has in his. This will probably earn MJ an acquittal.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:23 pm

MJ's money will get him an acquittal. Either that or he will pay more hush money like he did before.

Scary enough, but I actually feel sorry for Michael Jackson for a couple reasons. One, he is a major wacko who needs some professional help. Guilty or not, MJ has some serious mental problems. I don't think he even has the mental abilties to realize this his own fault. Heaven forbid, if I was accused of molesting children before, I sure doubt I'd have another slumber party. Shit, for that matter, I hope I'm not crazy enough to want to have sleepovers with children. Sexy ladies...sure! Little kids...I'll find some friends my own age thanks.

Also, MJ's life is destroyed now. Whether or not he did it, I don't know. But for arguements sake he didn't do it...he is royally hooped now. No record sales, countless jokes, public mistrust, blah blah. Jackson is gonna need to lock himself inside his Wacko (Waco?) compound and spend the rest of his life lonely. Considering he is mentally ill, I would almost wager he will do something really nutty if isolated. Hunter could have some company in the killing yourself challenge..

Oh well, don't matter to me much anyways. MJ's music has sucked since the 90's and he is getting too wierd for my tastes anyways. Throw him into a mental hospital and let him moonwalk till he pukes.

P.S. Corey Feldman still rules!
Meatshield
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Castration is still nothing. I think any freak that touches a child should die. ESPECIALLY incestuous parents - Those fuckers should be publically executed...slowly.

What I saw and heard on the 2 hour report they did on ABC was that Mikey Jackass's asexual nads were snapshotted cuz the boy identified the underside of his penis. The detective that was involved disclosed that much. That's sick and there's no excuse for knowing the underside of a schlong. The detective pointed out the only way to see the bottom of a penis is for it to be erect. It's hard to be objective knowing this from the start.

We all know if someone did something to _our_ own child(ren) then the perpetrator has just compelled us to carry out a death sentence. There's my rant for the day!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:28 pm

I think we need to go back to the days of, "If you steal, you get your hand chopped off", etc. If you rape - chop the fuckers dick off. You can be guarunteed that he won't do it again!

Since MJ is charged with molestation too, you chop his hands off as well. See how well he likes that glove now!!!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm

Also, en route in my law studies, I recall that 'legitimate power' fits the mindset of the parents that allowed their children around Jackson. Regardless of how kind one is, caretakers and parents need to remember that there is always not only a public persona, but also a private persona. Who would imagine the charismatic Clinton was up to no good while his pants were keeping his ankles so toasty? In Indianapolis in 1999, a 16 year old girl, loved by all..also church going etc, was caught returning for her developed pictures. The police were waiting for her because the pictures were of the children she had watched, and her own child as well. She was performing fallacio on an identified 6 week old boy. She had also performed on her own child. Again, she was 16. You never know who you are dealing with in this world. Regardless how I come across on the BBS, I know that children are the perpetuity of innocence and I will always figth for them.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:30 pm

rer wrote:I think we need to go back to the days of, "If you steal, you get your hand chopped off", etc. If you rape - chop the fuckers dick off. You can be guarunteed that he won't do it again!

Since MJ is charged with molestation too, you chop his hands off as well. See how well he likes that glove now!!!

The fallacy in that logic is there's always oral sex for these freaks.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:48 pm

So, you wire their jaw shut and make 'em eat through a straw.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:52 pm

rer wrote:So, you wire their jaw shut and make 'em eat through a straw.

Then they'll fondle your kids. Where there's a freak, there's way. I know several ppl irl that have been victims of pedofreaks or incest. It's way more rampant than most would like to know. Mexico, according to its own census, has a HUGE problem with incest. But back to the thread. If they do prove jackson did it, let him find a nice cell with Bubba!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 pm

How the hell is anyone gonna fondle a kid with no hands, no penis and no mouth?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:46 pm

You've never seen a guy light a cigarette with his feet?

Trust us on this... pedophilia is such a driving force in these people's lives that they'll find a way, no matter what you do to them. Child molestation has the #1 recidivism rate in the US... most of the time prison only slows them down temporarily. Once sexual orientation is established, it can't be altered without drastic measures. While castration might work with one, it might not even put a crimp in another's lifestyle.

Edited because I know I misremembered that information.

Actually, I came back to edit this, especially what I said about recidivism rates. There are a whole lot of sexual offenders, and of those offenders there are a lot of people who will offend once, but there's a handful of psychopaths that will offend and reoffend, and reoffend again. Many studies have shown that there are a lot of offenders who are not caught again because they alter their methods. Often those who get away with molestation will be bolstered in their activities and step up the pace. Most child molestation instances are never even brought to trial because of the shame and humiliation behind the act, not to mention the tactics that the offender uses to keep their victim quiet about it. It is a fact that once a pedophiliac, always a pedophiliac ... whether they keep the impulse at bay or not.

Sorry, it occurred to me that the last study I actually read on this subject was many years ago, and at that time the #1 recidivist was the ... how did they put that ... psychopathic killer. Duh?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:41 pm

rer wrote:How the hell is anyone gonna fondle a kid with no hands, no penis and no mouth?

You never got to saying they didn't have hands *bonk*
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:46 pm

rer wrote:I think we need to go back to the days of, "If you steal, you get your hand chopped off", etc. If you rape - chop the fuckers dick off. You can be guarunteed that he won't do it again!

Sorry, I missed this post too. Thanks for playing Thil :P
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:48 pm

And as for what Ashiwi said, that furthers my anger and hate for pedo's. Main reason I hate those faggots so badly is my best friend's sister was having stuff done to her for over 10 years while I knew them. I was oblivious. I kicked the living SHIT out of my now 'ex' friend's dad. Was what you would see on a psychotic movie. I always wondered why the sister was so 'curious' and promiscuous but she certainly didn't need to be. I imagine looking back that she wanted to go around to be in control of the situation instead of having some bastard creep in her room. That and the other disgusting part was she was only four years old when it started she said. The father, if you're curious, got seven years probation. Yay judicial system. I like mine better. You touch a kid, like Mikey J...you pay the price. Hopefully and unofficially that being your life.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:50 am

any psychiatrists in the bunch? My thoughts run to *what made him do it?* rather than OMG he is guilty castrate him ..

did you gusy see the MTV show where his dad hired hookers for his brothers while 6 year old Michael was in the room??

he has ISSUES brought on by his past .. needs help seriously

do i condone his behavior? hell no .. and i agree he is guilty .. just what should the punishment be for someoen who is so obviously mentally ill

-J
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:56 pm

I'd rather see him sent to a REAL prison where he can be made someone's biatch.

If someone molested my daughter, I wouldn't leave it to a court to decide his/her sentence.

Those kids' parents are just looking for a handout err settlement because MJ has money and they hope to get rich off of their kids' misfortune.

If those kids were truly molested, there is no amount of money that can erase the trauma they will endure over the course of their life. Just ask anyone who was molested as a child.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:52 pm

I suggest you don't ever have rough unprotected sex with anyone. They might walk into a hospital afterwards, and the next thing you know, you're short one less appendage.

Anyone know what the crime rate is like in India or Arab countries?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:11 pm

Llaaldara wrote:Anyone know what the crime rate is like in India or Arab countries?

crime rate in Bahrain is fairly low .. dont know about other Arab nations ...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 am

One problem - even the death penalty has, statistically speaking, certainly been applied in error. The courts are not infalliable.

(No, I don't have those statistics with me, but I clearly recall reading them. People have been sentenced and executed for crimes they did not commit.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:47 am

Just keep in mind with all this talk of child molestation and what you would do to them that, if your child was molested, it would most likely be by your partner or family member, and more often than not they would of had it done to them as a kid.

So when you're stringing up your husband/wife/parent and slowly torturing them for molesting your son/daughter, think long on how that's going to help the kid.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Thilindel wrote:Main reason I hate those faggots so badly

Wow, the enlightened discourse here is overwhelming. Brings a tear to my eye really.

Hey homophobe, mind not equating all gays with the worst of all molesters and pedophiles? Makes the rest of your simplistic, draconian views on crime and punishment, well...even more appalling.

Just for the record, I think Jackson should be tried by the most impartial jury practical and if guilty, sentenced under the current legal guidelines.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:37 am

rer wrote:How the hell is anyone gonna fondle a kid with no hands, no penis and no mouth?

Sadly, I laughed my ass off when I read this for a good 10 min just trying to picture it.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:55 pm

Sadly, I laughed my ass off at your reply...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:03 pm

avak wrote:
Thilindel wrote:Main reason I hate those faggots so badly

Wow, the enlightened discourse here is overwhelming. Brings a tear to my eye really.

Hey homophobe, mind not equating all gays with the worst of all molesters and pedophiles? Makes the rest of your simplistic, draconian views on crime and punishment, well...even more appalling.

Just for the record, I think Jackson should be tried by the most impartial jury practical and if guilty, sentenced under the current legal guidelines.

And it would do you well to comprehend what I said. At what point did you extrapolate I said anything about gays in the first place? Anyone who touches a child is a faggot piece of shit. YOU are the one who believes 'fag' depicts a homosexual. At no point did I make reference to gays. Reread my posts if you think I'm prejudiced...
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:28 pm

Thil, in Brittain, a faggot is a cigarette.

In America, a faggot is generally a derogatory term for a homosexual.

Which definition were you going for?

fag·got2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.

fag·ot also fag·got ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n.
A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

faggot

n 1: offensive terms for an openly homosexual man [syn: fagot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf] 2: a bundle of sticks and branches bound together [syn: fagot] v 1: ornament or join (fabric) by faggot stitch; "He fagotted the blouse for his wife" [syn: fagot] 2: fasten together rods of iron in order to heat or weld them [syn: fagot] 3: bind or tie up in or as if in a faggot; "faggot up the sticks" [syn: fagot, faggot up]

Sorry, Thilindel, try again.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Actually, the word 'faggot' is commonly used throughout many parts of the United States as a general derogatory term for sexually deviant individuals or individuals participating in sexually deviant activity.

You may want to try an unabridged dictionary, or something a bit more substantial than your pocket book or internet dictionary if you would like to see more about the usage, vernacular application, history, and generally more information about words in general.

Speaking of which, recently added to the english language is the term "g|_lLL1bL3". Seriously. Check out websters unabridged.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:52 pm

rer wrote:Thil, in Brittain, a faggot is a cigarette.

In America, a faggot is generally a derogatory term for a homosexual.

Which definition were you going for?

fag·got2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.

fag·ot also fag·got ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n.
A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

faggot

n 1: offensive terms for an openly homosexual man [syn: fagot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf] 2: a bundle of sticks and branches bound together [syn: fagot] v 1: ornament or join (fabric) by faggot stitch; "He fagotted the blouse for his wife" [syn: fagot] 2: fasten together rods of iron in order to heat or weld them [syn: fagot] 3: bind or tie up in or as if in a faggot; "faggot up the sticks" [syn: fagot, faggot up]

Sorry, Thilindel, try again.

I thought just "fag" was a term for a cigarett in England...

Just because "fag" and "faggot" are interchangeable in America doesn't mean they are in England.

<b>Teflor</b>

I've never heard anyone use that term for anything other than implying male homosexuality...

The only way in which the term implies deviant sexuality is in the fact that the type of idiot who would seriously use "faggot" as a derogatory term is likely to consider homosexuality itself as deviant.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:58 pm

Well, Sarvis, you live in NY, not in many parts of the country.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:01 pm

When I was a welder, the most common thing you would hear is 'you fucking faggot', referring to some of the tig weld equipment, or the op's frustration that pieces weren't lining up. Tef's right on the money. It's just a colloquial term for shit and shitheads. To me, something like 'Ass-pirate' is a term that would imply sexuality. Amazing that out of all that was written, someone wants to focus on the use of a word, that is in this area, just a slang for someone or something annoying.

**Hmm, I think I'll even add something. When in highschool, there was an obviously gay dude in our class. When people would talk crap about or to him, they called him 'Skin flutist' or 'Maricon(sp?)' ..oh, 'Anal piledriver' too. I could care less if someone is gay.

This is the context of the post that Avak so erroneously replied to:
And as for what Ashiwi said, that furthers my anger and hate for pedo's. Main reason I hate those faggots so badly is my best friend's sister was having stuff done to her for over 10 years while I knew them...

Now, if two mechanics working on my car do something wrong, and I called them, 'assholes', was I saying the entire workforce at their place of business were 'assholes?' No. Am I saying all mechanics are 'assholes?' Duh! No. I was saying that pedofiles and especially incestuous freaks of nature were shit. Any IDIOT can see that. Well, most anyway.
Last edited by Thilindel on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:11 pm

Heck, I live in Oklahoma, the buckle of the bible belt, and both "faggot" and "fag" still mean "homosexual male" here. This is even a state where a homosexual is considered a sexual deviant by a huge portion of the population, and referring to anything as a "faggot" is a derogatory term because we have lots and lots of good ol' boys who think the only good way is the white American male way, and referring to something as a non-straight male is a big insult. I guess the hicks here haven't progressed enough to see it as a general term, such as "nigger" or "kike."
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:16 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Well, Sarvis, you live in NY, not in many parts of the country.

You live in MD, not in many parts of the country.

<b>Thilindel</b>

Calling an inanimate object a "faggot" in no way proves they don't mean gay.

The point being that homosexuality is considered bad, so you get expressions like "That's so gay" which are derogatory because they play off the idea that homosexuality is deviant, immoral or wrong.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:17 pm

I'd kind of expect fag/faggot to mean that in the biblebelt area. Not sure why.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:19 pm

Because, Sarvis, I cannot control the english language. In Germany, there are around 7 ways you can say 'butcher'. Why? Colloquialisms, etc.

Oh, and to quote you, 'Calling an inanimate object a "faggot" in no way proves they don't mean gay.'

It's not my job to decifer what gay is to you. Bring a chinese speaking guy here. You won't understand him. His words mean what HE's saying and how he knows to speak. I just wish people could extrapolate better and quit concluding and expecting their own understanding as the implied intent of the person they're hearing/reading.

Oh, and Michael Jackson definitely strikes me as someone who's gay. Verility is as abstract to him as is keeping his skin dark. He's trying to hide what he is.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:23 am

Thilindel wrote:Because, Sarvis, I cannot control the english language. In Germany, there are around 7 ways you can say 'butcher'. Why? Colloquialisms, etc.

Oh, and to quote you, 'Calling an inanimate object a "faggot" in no way proves they don't mean gay.'

It's not my job to decifer what gay is to you. Bring a chinese speaking guy here. You won't understand him. His words mean what HE's saying and how he knows to speak. I just wish people could extrapolate better and quit concluding and expecting their own understanding as the implied intent of the person they're hearing/reading.

Oh, and Michael Jackson definitely strikes me as someone who's gay. Verility is as abstract to him as is keeping his skin dark. He's trying to hide what he is.

Well, wow. Actually, Thilindel, I'll take issue with what you said...although I'm sure it won't do much good. You do control language. That is precisely why I felt obligated to say something. I know there is a lot of dumb language on this board...you were not the first to equate gay (which if you want to get semantic, means happy) with something bad. However, it was the vitriol in your words that made me take notice. Ever seen the Vagina Monologues? I bet not. But if you have (or ever do) I bet you quickly realize how we all control language. That is why I try hard not to call things Jewish, gay, retarded, etc...or to say gypped or rule of thumb (the legal size of a switch to beat a woman with). Get it?

Virility (not verility) means masculine, right? So gay men aren't masculine or effeminate males are gay? Um, you don't have many gay friends, now do ya? I'd guess not.

You're a homophobe Thilindel. Homophobes talk like that. Homophobes are unenlightened people and in my mind, that extends to most social discussions they participate in. Sorry to be a jerk about this, but ever since someone got reprimanded on OOC for knocking christianity, I'd like to see some consistency.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:28 am

You pretentious ass. Stop saying shit of me when you know nothing. That is all. Drive thru. I cannot fucking believe you are so goddamned hung up on this considering what I had to go through just seeing a pedofile in action. All you wish to do is be a prick and divert attention to your bliss in arguing. Grow up. Shut up.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:52 am

I can't believe I got sucked into an online pissing match. I guess if you want to debate this inanity further, Thil, look me up online or PM me...I bet most people are unimpressed.

All I have to add is that one of my friends (who is gay) has migraines and permanent blurry vision from being hit from behind, in the head, by a guy with a baseball bat (straight up anonymous hate crime). What does that justify me to do? It would be pretty hysterical really if we called that guy (with the bat) a faggot. I mean, he is a pile of shit, right?

Try addressing the points people are making.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:12 am

Good recommendation. Now stick with it and pay attention. You're making an ass of yourself. Or had you noticed?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:46 am

Sarvis wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:Well, Sarvis, you live in NY, not in many parts of the country.

We'll just call you Mr. Ignorant. You obviously have never been exposed to other uses of the word faggot.

Nevermind the fact that faggot was originally used to describe homosexual males (hence, bundle of sticks), yet faggot has also come to apply to homosexual females (which have no sticks), so the original meaning was lost - much in the way the original meaning is lost in general with many other things.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:48 am

Ashiwi wrote:Heck, I live in Oklahoma, the buckle of the bible belt, and both "faggot" and "fag" still mean "homosexual male" here. This is even a state where a homosexual is considered a sexual deviant by a huge portion of the population, and referring to anything as a "faggot" is a derogatory term because we have lots and lots of good ol' boys who think the only good way is the white American male way, and referring to something as a non-straight male is a big insult. I guess the hicks here haven't progressed enough to see it as a general term, such as "nigger" or "kike."

Ashiwi, assuming that hicks are backwards is prejudice and wrong.

At least in an area where there are a bunch of hicks, someone will stop and help you if you're stuck on the side of the road.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:51 am

teflor the ranger wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Heck, I live in Oklahoma, the buckle of the bible belt, and both "faggot" and "fag" still mean "homosexual male" here. This is even a state where a homosexual is considered a sexual deviant by a huge portion of the population, and referring to anything as a "faggot" is a derogatory term because we have lots and lots of good ol' boys who think the only good way is the white American male way, and referring to something as a non-straight male is a big insult. I guess the hicks here haven't progressed enough to see it as a general term, such as "nigger" or "kike."

At least in an area where there are a bunch of hicks, someone will stop and help you if you're stuck on the side of the road.

As long as you're the right color...

Oh, and people do stop and help you out up here in NY too.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:53 am

Sarvis wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:

As long as you're the right color...

Oh, and people do stop and help you out up here in NY too.

Ignorant and prejudice. I'm 'of color' and I get help in Montana, Texas, and North Carolina immediatly, usually the next person that comes down the road.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:53 am

teflor the ranger wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

We'll just call you Mr. Ignorant.

Reduced to flaming me already?

I must apologize though, I keep forgetting that everything you say is true just because you said it. No need for you to prove or provide evidence for any of the things you just claimed, despite them being demonstrated incorrect by people such as Ashiwi...

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:54 am

Flame or not, you're still a prejudice ignorant illiterate miscreant that doesn't understand how the meanings of words change over time.

Let me try to educate you a little:

take the word negro,
while considered derogatory in nature, the word generally refers to colored african-decent individuals.

While no one would use this word in day to day reference, instead saying black or african-american, the history of the word is apparant in several ways:

fo' instance, the United Negro College Fund, a respected non-profit organization that retains the use of the word negro in their name.

But it's quite a different thing to call someone a negro.

make your own conclusions.

oh and speaking of "proof" sarvis, why don't you show us some? - you're a fool for making such an accusation that applies really to yourself.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:08 am

Teflor, pointing out that many people in the south are prejudiced does not make me prejudiced.

Nor does pointing out the word "negro" can be taken as an insult mean anything to the discussion of the word "faggot," especially considering both uses of "negro" that you gave <i>have the same meaning</i> and differ only by speaker and reception.

It's like the word "nigger" which has the same meaning no matter who says it, but is a deadly insult if a non-Black person says it yet considered a friendly term akin to "buddy" if another black person says it.

How about this: When discussing the word "faggot" and it's meaning, or possible meanings, you talk about IT instead of trying to make up crap about other words. If the word IS used in other contexts frequently it should be relatively easy for you to provide examples in writing, TV or other media rather than trying to create arguments based on different words altogether.

Lastly, what's with the personal attacks? I've not gotten personal with you, please don't get personal with me. Insults are childish. If one of us is wrong, lets prove it like adults, fair enough?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:16 am

So, you have no proof. That's what I thought. You ask for the insults.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:23 am

teflor the ranger wrote:
oh and speaking of "proof" sarvis, why don't you show us some? - you're a fool for making such an accusation that applies really to yourself.

The word is often used by characters on the show Will & Grace as they refer to the gay characters, for instance:

"WILL: You know, I never realized just how gay both those titles are. It's a wonder he didn't go on to star in "Hey, Faggot!"" - http://twiztv.com/scripts/willandgrace/ ... ce-716.htm

There's the "Faggot Test" (http://pushingthrough.com/projects/faggot/) which seems designed to see how gay a person is...

There's http://www.faggot.org/ which is apparently going to be a "list [of] many informational type links for gays and their friends." (Careful, that one seriously hurts the eyes... bright pink background? Blech!)

THere's the Faggot Museum (http://www.faggotmuseum.com/) which is billed as " An evening of Gay men who talk too much..."

And according to the Gay and Black Glossary "The term is commonly used in situations where violence is threatened, so modern users may actually have the second meaning more in mind even if it is not lexicographically correct." - http://mindprod.com/ggloss/faggot.html

In short, I didn't see ONE instance on the internet (which certainly covers "many parts of America" whether I live in them or not) where faggot referred to anything but a homosexual male.

So any evidence for your side yet? I guess you might find some instances of British uses of the word that mean cigarettes or something, but that hardly proves that the word has just become a general derogatory term now does it?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:25 am

The way Thilindel used the word faggot. For one.

I have the urge to call you blind and ignorant.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”