Should Jackson fry for his actions?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

Should Jackson fry?

Yes.
27%
No.
12%
He should fry as should the parents of the kids. After all what kinda sick parents let their kids sleep over at a grown mans house?
35%
If he's stupid enough to not show up to court and get a warrant for his arrest then he should fry quickly.
No votes
I have no opinion until the jury of his peers decides what i should think.
27%

Total votes: 26
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:27 am

Wow, ONE usage. Way to go!

Of course he's refering to child molesters in general, and for some reason the overwhelming majority of molestation cases we hear about are man on boy...

But still, I'll give you the ONE mis-usage Thillindel made.

Got more?

Didn't think so. Why don't you try insulting me again?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:29 am

I don't need any more. You're blind and ignorant, and there's little that can be done to change that.

But I might as well point out the other thing Thilindel mentioned - the way his co-workers use the word faggot.

By the way, congratulations on finding irrelevent and biased sources.

Try a good unabridged dictionary that denotes vernacular usage in America.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:41 am

teflor the ranger wrote:I don't need any more. You're blind and ignorant, and there's little that can be done to change that.

But I might as well point out the other thing Thilindel mentioned - the way his co-workers use the word faggot.

By the way, congratulations on finding irrelevent and biased sources.

Try a good unabridged dictionary that denotes vernacular usage in America.

The burden of proof for your claim is upon you. IF this unabridged vernacular dictionary proves you correct then quote it here. Until you do your only usage evidence, which is really what counts here anyway since we are talking about the actual usage of the word, is Thilindel referring to a group that is largely engaged in homosexual acts as faggots.

Thillindel's coworkers are not proof either. Since there is every possibility that they feel calling something gay is derogatory when they use the word "faggot" as an epithet they could be intentionally keeping the meaning I have put forth.

By the way, how are those sources irrelevant and biased? They are just examples of the word usage on the internet. That's completely relevant and hardly biased in any way.

But those were some good insults you threw out!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:44 am

So Teflor, are you condoning the use of the word "faggot" to describe either pedophiles or people that are generally "pieces of shit" and/or welding equipment that doesn't work correctly?

This leads me to wonder at what point does a derogatory word become so colloquial that it should no longer be insulting to any other definition?

For example, if my friends and I start calling pedophiles "chinks" at what point should someone of Asain decent not take offense?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:44 am

No, really, the burden of proof is on you. I'm tired of you trying to counterclaim and have nothing to show for it.

Mostly, it's because you do indeed have nothing to show for it.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:51 am

teflor the ranger wrote:No, really, the burden of proof is on you. I'm tired of you trying to counterclaim and have nothing to show for it.

Yeah, all those links showing the word being used in exactly the fashion I predict are nothing. Sorry, I've provided relevant evidence and you are simply chosing to ignore it. You've provided NOTHING and I'm requesting SOMETHING from you that actually even comes close to agreeing with your position. Pointing out that Thilindel called a group of people largely known for homosexual acts faggots hardly fits the bill.

You know what though, nevermind. We had an agreement that you would't pick these fights with me and you broke it. I asked you politely to refrain from insults, and you continued to insult me. I simply asked your for logic, reason ad evidence and you provided nothing but flames and lame attempts at getting the last word.

You can have it.

I've won the argument, no read of this thread could have any reason to believe your interpretation of the word and dealing with you is just not worth the effort.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:59 am

What's sad is it seems to boil down to the fact that Avak's gay friend got whacked for no reason whatsoever. He now has a prejudice and a self-imposed feeling to defend and advocate either gays, or what he sees in a possible attack (although in this case I sure the hell wasn't making fun of gay people.)

Best point: I was JUST at Wal-mart at the service desk (oxymoron: wal-mart and service..anyway) when there were 3 people and a child in front of me. The 2nd in line said that the wait was 'fucking retarded'. Well, the third in line just happens to be the parent of a 'mentally challenged' little boy. So, long story short, the parent was cussing at the 2nd person in line because of how she had become to hearing 'retarded' apparently referring to her child, etc. If Avak could just open his eyes and see what I had written of child molesters as it stood, rather than inferring something that was never there...I doubt he can refrain from his prejudice though.

Society incorps words that have negative meaning as everyday terms. Chronic use of a word desenitizes a family, a school, a town, a region, etc. In Chicago, you hear teens ALL the time, 'Fuck that nigga shit, bitch!' That only meant the guy didn't want to tag along with his friends. You pull someone from the gay rights realm out and BAM, you have offended someone. Colloquial use of words is a relatively good way to figure out someone's background and how comfortable they feel about topics. Any pedofile should die. Any homosexual has a right to be left alone and be happy. I truly could give a crap less about coupled gay male or female neighbors living together.

Avak, derailing the thread from its purpose to complain how you interpret what I wrote, then furthering the argument after I clarified is just wrong. You need to drop it. Nobody wants kids to be hurt, except sick asshole bastards. They should die. Society has no use for them.

The fact is that I clarified MY definition of faggots. I specifically, and clearly was referring to child molesters and incestuous parents. That's all that matters here. Any arguing beyond that is just to appease debate from Avak and Sarvis, which I will not further. I've already made myself clear :( Would you have felt better had I referred to the child rapers as 'Fuckstumps?' That word only means something to me (it's what I call my car(s) when I have to work on them and I'm angry). I used 'faggots' cuz in my area it's quite clear what it means - Some(one/thing) undesirable at best.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:20 am

And Avak, quit mailing me. I don't WISH to discuss this further. I didn't use your story against you. I furthered my point, which was that how we understand and the way we think is purely relative to how we grew up and our own experiences. The word 'Faggot' is offensive to you. It's not to me. The word 'Retarded' was never offensive to me, yet it sure pissed that lady off tonight. You've championed yourself towards a cause that I never sought to cross.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:24 am

Sarvis wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:No, really, the burden of proof is on you. I'm tired of you trying to counterclaim and have nothing to show for it.

Yeah, all those links showing the word being used in exactly the fashion I predict are nothing. Sorry, I've provided relevant evidence and you are simply chosing to ignore it. You've provided NOTHING and I'm requesting SOMETHING from you that actually even comes close to agreeing with your position. Pointing out that Thilindel called a group of people largely known for homosexual acts faggots hardly fits the bill.

You know what though, nevermind. We had an agreement that you would't pick these fights with me and you broke it. I asked you politely to refrain from insults, and you continued to insult me. I simply asked your for logic, reason ad evidence and you provided nothing but flames and lame attempts at getting the last word.

You can have it.

I've won the argument, no read of this thread could have any reason to believe your interpretation of the word and dealing with you is just not worth the effort.

Congratulations on showing your ignorance yet again, Sarvis.

Both unwilling to correct your ignorance, nor capable of interpreting your own sources or finding suitable evidence. Also, special grats on trying to side track the argument.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:46 am

Stop flaming.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “General Discussion Archive”